It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have a 5 Star button for special posts!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

I like that idea Luke, thanks for the kind words too.

An applause option would be nice, even if limited edition!
Maybe more so in fact!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Who's got the popcorn I'd like to see a legit debate thread Charles V Answer... a Non bashing debate you both have different personalities I'd love to see em clash!!
edit on 23-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I suggest we move to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Despite general conception, it's actually more productive to think critically & grow an idea instead of arrogantly stand by the status quo.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Perhaps the number of stars and flags one can give be limited to a daily or monthly amount, or even related to how many stars and flags the poster has. For those who wish to give more stars and flags and have used all their account was allotted, more can be purchased for a fair price.

I disagree with a 5 star button...unless maybe the user wants to pay a little extra for giving the extra stars.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Answer

Could easily have scrolled past!

But I'm not the one who wants to ignore people.

Bit hypocritical aswell saying "you can't resist" when you yourself decided to try and have the last word!
Failing at that!

Clearly you're just not very good at debate and you project your inadequacy onto others by claiming "your debate style is piss poor"...

Don't like my opinions?
Think I am contrary?

No.
Just don't have a mind cloned into the mould of your own, therefore I have a unique input.

The funny thing is I've starred you numerous times...
How sad!

Do yourself a favour, put down the shovel, stop digging, climb out, and walk away!

There's a good chap!

I never said your debate style is piss poor. I said that it annoys the living piss out of me. Your difference of opinion is not what bugs me.

Not sure what pit you think I'm digging but whatever silliness makes you happy...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

ignoring someone is not depriving them of freedom of speech.
ATS use to have one, i found useful to block certain peoples posts, that always brought up the same thing over and over again.

like when someone posts a thread about what is happening in another country, there are certain members that the first thing that comes from them bumping their fingers on the keyboard is, the U.S. isn't any better. and a lot of the times it's not even someone from the U.S. posting the thread.

then you've got the jew bashers, islamophobes/ apologists, Christian haters, racist that claim their not, that all their threads about how the white man has done everybody wrong, and the list goes on and on. evolutionist who hate creationist, ignore button would be right handy then and i do miss it.

So basically ignore everyone one ATS

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ok my view personally is I think ATS should just abolish the star system in general.

Too much star baiting and one up manship.

Without stars we can focus more on content rather scoring "points".

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Rather than a 5 star button, it might be more useful to have a button called Bump. Where you are requesting to the moderators to bump someone out of a thread for not being constructive to a thread. Many times I see people start threads to obtain more information on a topic they are interested in, some people use a search window, some people bounce ideas off of other people because that is the way that they work best. When someone enters a thread with nothing more than conflict on their mind, this type of behavior is not constructive to a thread, it turns a discussion into a pissing match. Moderators should be able to completely bump someone from a thread if requested, if they agree that the request to bump is a valid request.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Or everyone could stop being so overtly sensitive in general.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This idea reminds me of Spinal Tap. They had custom guitar amps designed that went to 11 instead of 10. See where I'm going with this? One man's five-star is another man's useless drivel.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This thread reminded me of how many children are on ATS. So, life lesson #1, people will disagree with you and your opinions no matter where you are, not everyone has the same thoughts the same priorities ect., we are all unique and our uniqueness is what makes the world interesting.

When we ignore everyone who we disagree with we will find ourselves very alone in life. When I first came to ATS I debated against Nenothtu, disagreed with that man on several points and wanted to slap him a time or two.. lol. But - I didn't ignore him and soon we became friends. In time some of my opinions changed and some of his changed but for the most part we simply stood together on our common ground.

Had I ignored him I would not today be married to the best man I have ever known. I don't believe in ignoring anyone.. even dissenting opinions matter, and great friendships would never be had when we ignore everyone who disagrees with us.

As far as 5 stars, I see no point, if you enjoy a post or someone's posting that much then you will find there is more to be gained in friendship than stars...

Life is about respecting others despite their differences, and standing on the common ground - together. Leaning from one another, and contributing your best for the good of all.
edit on 24-3-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: DonVoigt

Or everyone could stop being so overtly sensitive in general.

edit on 3/24/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join