It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to kick off 2016 bid April 7 with ambitious five-state tour

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I've met the man shook his hand and looked him in the eye. I'm a businessman I can read people and I read sincerity and honesty in his eyes.

And I knew I was correct in my judgment when I saw he has done this every year.

Just because he has it, doesn’t mean Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul feels compelled to spend every cent Uncle Sam gives him to run his Senate office. Following past practice, Paul today said he returned $480,000 in unused money to the Treasury, bringing his total sent back to $1.8 million, certainly a point he will cheer in his 2016 campaign for the Republican nomination.

I've never heard of any other Congressmen that are doing the same.The other dishonest crooks in Congress spend every cent and more, ask Aaron Schock.

m.washingtonexaminer.com... paul-returns-1.8-million-in-unused-senate-office-money/article/2560473
edit on 22-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Rand Paul is a servant of the elite.

But feel free during primary season to rush out to vote for the candidate that is telling you what you want to hear.

Back in 2008, the suckers that voted for the Democrats did the same for Obama.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

I was one of those suckers that voted for Obama in 2008, but refused to even vote for a candidate the next time around. All I saw was two candidates with the same agenda that was laid out by Dick Cheney long before Obama was even a thought. The Saudis own 1/4 of the world's oil and pressure our presidents to stay involved in Middle Eastern conflicts. Prince Bandar of Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Ambassador to the U.S., came to D.C. and sat with Rummy and Cheney to discuss Iraq. Bandar told them he wanted Saddam dead, but they couldn't figure out a way about doing it. This was pre-9/11 by the way.

So, eventually Bandar threatened to reduce or even take away the U.S. oil privileges in Saudi Arabia if the U.S. couldn't take out Saddam who was Saudi Arabia's biggest threat. (according to Bandar). They proposed the idea of telling the U.S. citizens Saddam had a stash of WMDs. Still, it seemed like it would be hard to convince the American people that this was reason to go to war. Prince Bandar left the room angry with Rummy and Cheney and they went to consult W. Bush about the meeting.

Next thing you know 9/11 happens. All of the propaganda pointing to Iraq and 9/11 went out and we were literally thrown into a war that had nothing to do with 9/11, BUT......we pleased our oil masters by having Saddam hung, so it was a win and the rest didn't matter. That's why Bush was never concerned about where Bin Laden was. He even said he wasn't concerned six months after 9/11 in a press interview. Anyways. I'll be back on in a hour or so. Looking forward to your replies.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well, the elites are likely not going to allow him to be a frontrunner, that may be handed to Jeb Bush. Will have to pay attention to their playbook.

Wonder what states he will be in. So far seems articles are sharing East Coast- North Carolina.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

I would be happy to have him. His father is a good guy but, I never liked him as a candidate. Like most of my libertarian friends (I'm one too), he just didn't seem to recognize the totalitarian threat that Islam poses to the world.

I think/hope that is beginning to change.

Pragmatically speaking (which I try not to do), Walker is the most practical candidate as he has succeeded against the public sector unions in Wisconsin as a Governor and survived a recall.

If he ran on a purely anti public sector union platform, I think he would win the election.

We need that at the federal level perhaps more than we need anything else, the public sector unions will destroy this country if we don't do something about it right away.

But, if you want libertarians to have more visibility and show a voter base, Gary Johnson will run again I think.
edit on 23-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Unfortunately, Rand isn't Ron Paul.

The reason Ron Paul was always pushed out of everything and never once had a shot at a Republican nomination is because he scares the crap out of the Republicans and they could never be sure he would play ball with special interests, corporations and more importantly, the party itself.

Rand on the other hand is taking a different approach from his father. Yes, he states most all the same positions as his father, which still scare the crap out of the Republicans because it's such a radical position to take. But, he also plays more ball with the party itself.

If he actually gets the Republican nomination, it would tell me everything I needed to know about him. It will mean the party is satisfied that they can control him. And, being a Libertarian that's not okay with me. I'm actually unhappy he's even affiliated with the Republican party if he's so Libertarian. Gaming the system is obviously NOT working. No one is taking the bait.

I'll continue to do what I've done since Bush was still in office. I'll vote Libertarian. Until more people start understanding the a 2 party system isn't helping anything, we're still going to elect more of the same status quo we've had since the 90s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join