It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to kick off 2016 bid April 7 with ambitious five-state tour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Mr. Paul, 52, is a ophthalmologist elected to the Senate in 2011. He has the support of much of the libertarian-mined conservatives who were devoted followers of his father, Ron Paul, also a physician and former U.S. House member from Texas who enjoyed a loyal following for never deviating from conservative, free-market, individual freedom principles in all his vot

In February, he edged out Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and former neurosurgeon Ben Carson in the latest CPAC straw poll.

Mr. Paul would be the second formally declared candidate, since Mr. Cruz plans to announce his bid Monday. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Mr. Carson have announced exploratory committees, but have not formally declared their candidacy.

Mr. Paul has the support of much of the libertarian-mined conservatives who were devoted followers of his father, Ron Paul, also a physician and former U.S. House member from Texas who won a strong following for his allegiance to conservative, free-market principles of individual freedom throughout his career in Congress and in two races for the GOP president nomination.

As a Libertarian myself, I don't think I'll be flocking to Rand Paul, but many Republicans and Democrats are going to the Libertarian party. More so than ever now. People are getting out of the Democrat/Republican paradigm, but why not vote for a libertarian candidate? There are so many stereotypes that come with the Libertarian such as "they are the pot smoking conservatives" or "They are anarchist". In all reality many of us are just tired of the Republican/Democrat crap that gets us nowhere and seems to be controlled by the same corporations on both sides.

Source: www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 22-3-2015 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

Your thread... It is broken!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I think he is still part of the establishment. If he isn't, he's trying to act like it, and that won't go over well for him in the long run. Why is voter turnout so low? Look at all the bad choices and marginalized candidates. In 16 states, you now have a choice to vote EITHER blue or red team (Republican or Democrat) or your vote gets thrown out entirely. That is the sole reason that I think he is trying to "look like one of them".

What the people of America need first and foremost is to keep our Freedom. I wonder if a candidate that endorses that will ever get elected? I am not one to be in support of the Bush dynasty or any dynasty that wants to rule America. I swear that if Jeb gets elected, I will try to find a way to move to another country. The Big-Pharma/Monsanto etc. have Jeb in their pocket nice and tight, and it won't change if he gets elected.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sorry, had to re-write it and fix a few things. It's up now.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Id rather the dynasty of Rand and his dad than the one of Bushes and Clinstones.

Not that it matters anymore. The nation has been run off the rails long ago by those really in charge.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

It's comparable to a political monopoly controlled by the same corporations and capitalist who have similar agendas. It's all about making money for these people at any cost. Their interest are not about making the average citizen's life better, but to make their lives better at our cost. The lies and corruption are incomprehensible and by the time we figure out what they have done it's usually too late.

They tell the people one thing and leave the important details out. It's become a trend among presidents. Lie to the people and persuade them to go to war or aid these rebels. It's ridiculous. We have a cartel that is just as bad as ISIS on our southern border, yet they are not considered a threat.

It's obvious we are involved in these Middle Eastern conflicts due to our interest in oil and other natural resources over there. We also conveniently hold positions all around Iran and close to Russia while we're at it.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Nice one!

You say that you will not be one of the people flocking to Rand Paul, but that you share his apparently libertarian mindset.

Could you clarify what it is, exactly, that makes you question his suitability for presidency?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Nice one!

You say that you will not be one of the people flocking to Rand Paul, but that you share his apparently libertarian mindset.

Could you clarify what it is, exactly, that makes you question his suitability for presidency?

Well, last election I didn't bother to vote when they threw Ron Paul out of the Republican running. His father Rand is OK and I don't really have a big problem with him, but I think he plays into the same ol politics that the Republican and Democratic candidates do. He'll be funded by corporations and play the same game to try and win. He won't step over the line and talk about the things his father advocates. I think we need someone who isn't afraid to speak the truth and nothing but the truth. Someone who will wake us up and expose the corruption going on. Someone who will call out Bush and expose him as a war criminal. Shock the nation and present facts to back it all up. Shake things up and clean house.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Honestly, it's as if Obama is just pushing George W. Bush's agenda further in the middle east. The agenda that Gen. Wesley Clark exposed.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

So I suppose you could say that your main issue with him is that he is a politician first, and a libertarian second?

I reckon that is a fair point. I mean, there is no point voting for someone who is a part of the hegemony, if what you are trying to do by voting, is oppose hegemony as a concept! What about policy though? Do you think his outlook on policy will win him any marginal votes, when stacked up next to the likely alternatives?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I mostly agree with you but I think that the cartels are helped out a lot by the SeeEyeEhh. Do some research on that and all will be revealed. They essentially are not the enemy if the gov't. is providing weapons and other resources to them. I am not sure if it is true, but I see how what I said could be a strong possibility. Just rent the movie "Kill the Messenger" if you want to know more about what I mentioned. Otherwise, there is a plethora of information available on the web about it.

The biggest problem I have with Rand Paul is the fact that he is a doctor, and he came out and said that "The medical profession should try to focus on curing "rare" illnesses". That's not an exact quote, but I know for a fact that Big-Pharma is his 2nd largest donor for funds. I have an illness that is more common that I want to be cured, and for that one statement he made I strongly have my doubts about him.

I think that he would likely be the best choice out of what there may be to choose from. I still think the odds are against him, because he wants to run as a Republican. I don't think the GOP wants to select him, and honestly if they don't-then the next president will NOT be on the GOP side. I don't think the USA is ready for another Bush, and people will vote against him if he is selected. The best thing the GOP could do is select Rand Paul, but they haven't made the most sensible decisions in the last 42 years in my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I love his war policies and foreign relations policies. Not so sure about his corporation policies. I have a big problem with these corporations and their takeover of the country. Walmart wiped out my entire town. The mall is empty. Corporations and their unlimited amount of funding allowed to candidates is ridiculous. They pretty much decide which candidates we see on TV and vote for. They control the votes in a way. Candidates with the most money usually win the election, so I think Corporations have way too much power in this country and around the world. Rand seems to be comfortably in the pockets of these corporations and that's a red flag in my book.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I can see how his policies might be altered by his interest in corporate backing, but what policies particularly stand out to you as being overly influenced by his sponsors, as opposed to being the raw truth of what he believes?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

He wants to give corporations tax breaks, so that in itself bothers me. I don't see him cracking down on corporations and corruption. To change things in this country we must start at the top, but that isn't going to happen with Rand Paul. He will only strengthen corporations and allow them to grow and gain even more control over the world. When greedy capitalist gain control of the world it will be the end of Democracy as we know it. I hate using this term, but it will be a "One World Government". One with banks and corporations on top in the pockets of every president and leader world wide.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Rand Paul should stand by his father's words and warnings. This is what the U.S. citizens need to hear. We need to expose and take responsibility for our mistakes. Not cover them up with lies, not to simply give the public what it wants. We need to lead, educate and even rage our people if needed. This is what I would like a candidate to do.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Wow Walmart completely wiped out the shopping mall in the town I lived in when I joined ATS. It's in Montana that this happened. I agree with you 100% about the Walmart-Sams empire, and all of the other empires in the corporate world. Someday, there will be nothing but Walmart/Sams if the trend continues. They want it all. Tires, groceries, vision center, household items, phone service, bank service, etc., etc., etc!

It's not specifically just Walmart though. Any of the multi-national big boys are guilty of killing of the small businesses in America and a lot of the rest of the world. Even if they were forced to be split up by the gov't, I'm sure there would still be control from the top in these companies.

As far as having soldiers protect the borders I think that should be their primary job. We can't afford any more wars, as R.P. said.

If there is a candidate that could come up with solutions to the majority of the major issues, it would be amazing. I don't know if anyone in the USA will ever live to see the man or woman that "fixes it all". If it does happen, it will be a miracle.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Yes, and now Amazon wants to deliver products using drones. I worked for Amazon and in meetings they were obsessed with taking about Walmart and controlling the entire industry. They would say things like "we've got delivery trucks able to deliver groceries" , "we are working on drones to deliver", "eventually, Walmart will be obsolete". They would show screen projectors with their plans laid out and pictures of their drones and grocery trucks. You can order your groceries online and they will deliver the same groceries every week. You can edit the groceries online if you want something extra or excluded. Their goal is to eliminate Walmart and take over everything.
edit on 22-3-2015 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Ugh another Bush is gonna run and most likely take office. It's all scripted. I like some things Rand does but sometimes he does piss me off. Ill vote for Rand but with my pessimistic view of politics I doubt it will matter.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Amazon has a genius way of avoiding giving people raises. They use a temp agency and at least 20 people a day are in training for stow & picking positions. They have a 90% turnover rate with these employees. You have to be able to walk 20 miles a day to make their rate. You only get paid 10.50 per hour with two 15 minute breaks and a lunch break during a 10 1/2 hour shift. It's rough and their rates are near impossible to make although I did it. But you start out with a reasonable rate and then they gradually raise it until it's near impossible to make, so you end up getting write ups and points. Then you are let go and they tell you to come back in 30 days. So the majority of their hardest workers are temps. There are about 1,000 of them there a day working and they have no chances of a raise or any benefits. Yet, they act like they are creating jobs in the area.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I too have a pessimistic view of politics. As long as corporations and bankers are pulling the strings. If we can get a string free president up there who cleans house and doesn't allow the elites to pressure him/her into wars and actually goes about foreign policy as he/she believes is the right way of handling a situation that would be a start.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join