It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Evidence That The Universe Was Fine Tuned !

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

However, if it turns out that I have actually taken out enough lottery tickets to cover every possible combination of numbers that there could be - say I purchased a billion billion lottery tickets each with different number combinations - then suddenly that feat is not so impressive. The law of large numbers ensures that my chances go from remote to absolute certainty

But again, you are an intelligent being, manipulating the odds in this situation.

Someone, had to come up with the idea of a "lottery" to begin with, for you to play the odds.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dusty1

However, if it turns out that I have actually taken out enough lottery tickets to cover every possible combination of numbers that there could be - say I purchased a billion billion lottery tickets each with different number combinations - then suddenly that feat is not so impressive. The law of large numbers ensures that my chances go from remote to absolute certainty

But again, you are an intelligent being, manipulating the odds in this situation.

Someone, had to come up with the idea of a "lottery" to begin with, for you to play the odds.

You seem to misunderstand - it's an analogy.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

How is life occurring impossible? The fact that it has already happened would seem to refute that idea completely

Life occurring is not impossible.

Life occurring spontaneously, is impossible.

Sir Francis Crick the co-discoverer of DNA came to the conclusion that life could not have came about on this planet on its own. He championed the idea of Panspermia.

Which I believe is just kicking the can down the road.........

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You seem to misunderstand - it's an analogy.

I hear ya.

The thing is most people don't want to acknowledge that, all these mental exercises and or experiments, require manipulation by an outside intelligence.

If there were some universal law of spontaneous generation of life from non life, I'd buy into the idea.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dusty1

Who is saying it was spontaneous? It likely took a very long time - the fact the universe is 13 and 3/4 billion years old suggests this was the case.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: idmonster

Not to turn this into a tribute thread, but wholeheartedly agreed without a salmon of doubt.

Prefect!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

"originally posted by: amurphy245
The video seems to skim over the possibility that it happened by chance and quickly push us in the direction that it was designed"

I have no idea how people fall for such craziness.

What's more crazy, believing that science backs the notion of creation by design, or that the components of chance aren't products of design?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Sorry I used the wrong word, the correct wording should have been "genders", I choose to use that other word in a hyperbolic sense but then you are smart enough to know what the point is anyway.

And that is something most evolutionists don't talk about, the genders of the various species that were evolving had to have perfect timing.
A question is when they were evolving from asexual into sexual over millions of years, how were they producing ?
Or did they swing both ways ?
Maybe they were bi-sexual asexuals ?

Actually there are plenty of organisms that switch genders degreed.com... or reproduce asexually. In certain circumstances even animals as complex as mammals can reproduce asexually via parthenogenesis
voices.nationalgeographic.com...

Male and female genders are not a nessicity in reproduction for all animals...Though it is a good model for mixing the DNA, which is why it's evolved to be one of the more common ways for reproduction.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I agree and disagree with the video, it assumes that this is the only universe that exists, so it is assuming that the "designer" is God, as opposed to being any other kind of "intelligence"...

I agree that the universe is far too ordered to be a complete product of chance, although I do accept that chance is ultimately the cause of existence in its entirety...

If we assume that the universe is all that exists, and then also we assume that the factor behind the existence of anything (anything at all) is originally chance, then we have to say that the universe came into existence by chance. However, if we assume that there are many "universes" in existence (existence being everything that exists) then it is possible that some of these were "designed"...

Of course, the "beginning" of everything would have to have been chance, in the sense that whatever "designers" responsible themselves came into existence by pure chance, even if their creations didn't.

So, we would have to assume that there exist many other universes within reality, in order for the existence of a designed universe to be plausible.

edit on 25-3-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Everything that moves is "ALIVE" somehow, something that is ALIVE, will constantly change into something it werent to begin with, and at the end of the cycle of this THING alive, it will return to the same OBJECT AS it was at first, but matimatically CHANGED, so it can evolve or "change" into something DIFFERENT.

So, at the "beginning" life started to move, it was alive, it was estimated 14,5billion years ago, so we do actually have no idea what it looked like, now we know what it looks like today, but since living things constantly evolve or change, it was different back Then, at the beginning.
This is something from MY HEAD. 1+1 equals 2.
Call me stupid or wrong, but to My evolved living things, it makes sence!

Live long, prosper.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Saying humans aren't special is quite harsh. I think you're looking at lie far too literally and... physically.

Why is that? Because you can't accept that it may be true? All possibilities must be considered. Nothing is a given.

Perhaps if you chose to believe we are a bag of bones and organs, fair enough. But throughout history we've proven ourselves to be quite unique.

No more unique than anything else on the planet.

Remember, unique is as far as this planet goes. Anything outside of this planet is mere speculation.

In what context were you implying we weren't special? Globally or Universally?

Why would I just talk globally? That is too narrow of a scope. But in any sense, even globally, we aren't necessarily special either. That is an assumption based around the fact that no other species as evolved rational thought on the planet and built a society using it. However, most if not all of our behaviors (even ones like war and slavery) are duplicated in the animal kingdom by other species.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Accept we're not special? It's not a matter of acceptance. As far as we're aware, on this earth, we're pretty special. I mean, special may not be the best word to use.... But look at everything we've done... good or bad. We're pretty different to much of everything on this planet. The fact that you sit and type to me and others across the globe makes our accomplishments pretty "special" on this planet.

Universally, who knows how unique we are. We could be a small, backwards society that other civilisations may consider primitive as we would early humans. But in reality that's all speculation right now.

As it stands, on this planet, we're a special species.
edit on 25-3-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Saying humans aren't special is quite harsh. I think you're looking at lie far too literally and... physically.

Why is that? Because you can't accept that it may be true? All possibilities must be considered. Nothing is a given.

Perhaps if you chose to believe we are a bag of bones and organs, fair enough. But throughout history we've proven ourselves to be quite unique.

Remember, unique is as far as this planet goes. Anything outside of this planet is mere speculation.

Why would I just talk globally? That is too narrow of a scope. But in any sense, even globally, we aren't necessarily special either. That is an assumption based around the fact that no other species as evolved rational thought on the planet and built a society using it. However, most if not all of our behaviors (even ones like war and slavery) are duplicated in the animal kingdom by other species.

It is special that you take the exact stance as the supposed God's antithesis, who obviously denies the uniqueness of humanity yet at the same time wants to sit in the place of the creator. Too bad science has found the precise moments and effects of a creators interaction with the universe which makes all of your assumptions false yet at the same time we see through your stances the justification for our definition of evil. Marvelous how it all fits together and even those such as yourself can be said to reveal the supposed glory of the creator.
Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Too bad science has found the precise moments and effects of a creators interaction with the universe...

I'm calling you out on this one....Either provide the peer-reviewed papers supporting this claim, or quit spouting such laughable nonsense as if it were anything more than the product of blind religious belief and imagination....I'm waiting...
edit on 3/26/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I once overheard some fish in the ocean talking about this very subject. "You know, Fishy2, if these hydrogen molecules didn't combine with these oxygen molecules, there'd be no water."... " So, fishy1, you're saying we'd all be dead? "..." No, fishy2, I'm saying we would have never existed. Instead of us, there might be giant dust mites, basking in their perfect, waterless world of dust and talking about how life as they know it wouldn't have existed had Earth been covered in water.

Then I caught them, and ate them, to teach then a lesson ,

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

It is special that you take the exact stance as the supposed God's antithesis, who obviously denies the uniqueness of humanity yet at the same time wants to sit in the place of the creator. Too bad science has found the precise moments and effects of a creators interaction with the universe which makes all of your assumptions false yet at the same time we see through your stances the justification for our definition of evil. Marvelous how it all fits together and even those such as yourself can be said to reveal the supposed glory of the creator.
Have a nice day.

Lmao!!! When did science find the exact moment god intervined?!?!

And then how come all the leading physics people are Athiests? Lol... Just lol...

It's hilarious the way every single one of these "science proves god" threads always end with a Christian rant. Never a Muslim, never a Jew, never a buddist. Hell Jews and Muslims even have the "same" OT. Yet they never try to shove that square peg into that round hole... Lol

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Accept we're not special? It's not a matter of acceptance. As far as we're aware, on this earth, we're pretty special. I mean, special may not be the best word to use.... But look at everything we've done... good or bad. We're pretty different to much of everything on this planet. The fact that you sit and type to me and others across the globe makes our accomplishments pretty "special" on this planet.

Those accomplishments are irrelevant. They exist to boost humanity's ego. "Hey look what we did! Aren't we awesome!" But without a defined purpose to aspire too, doing those things really just amounts to a huge time sink. We'd be just as spectacular if we DIDN'T build societies.

There are some species of animals on this planet that build some truly unique things. There are ant colonies that they theorize are connected as one giant ant colony, even across oceans. Spiders making their intricate webs. Your entire argument can be summed up as such, "We won the evolutionary lotto with rational thought, therefore we are special." Well no more special than a redneck winning the lotto and becoming a millionaire.

Universally, who knows how unique we are. We could be a small, backwards society that other civilisations may consider primitive as we would early humans. But in reality that's all speculation right now.

See that's a blatant appeal to ignorance fallacy.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Have a nice day.

You planning on showing the scientific papers that show that "science has found the precise moments and effects of a creators interaction with the universe"? You know, just because you say it happened doesn't mean that it did.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Those accomplishments are irrelevant. They exist to boost humanity's ego. "Hey look what we did! Aren't we awesome!" But without a defined purpose to aspire too, doing those things really just amounts to a huge time sink. We'd be just as spectacular if we DIDN'T build societies.

There are some species of animals on this planet that build some truly unique things. There are ant colonies that they theorize are connected as one giant ant colony, even across oceans. Spiders making their intricate webs. Your entire argument can be summed up as such, "We won the evolutionary lotto with rational thought, therefore we are special." Well no more special than a redneck winning the lotto and becoming a millionaire.

See that's a blatant appeal to ignorance fallacy.

You're set in your ways regarding our species. I understand where you're coming from. But you're making out as if our species ISN'T special and you're making out as if I'm saying other species AREN'T special.

Even though, as previously mentioned, special Isn't my word of choice but...

Special:
better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.

So on that note, is there any species like us on earth? Who hold as much power (however evil it may seem)? How do we not define as special?

The entire globe has species with very special qualities. I don't understand what you're trying to get at?

Are you trying to chip away at human beings because you think we think too highly of ourselves? Or are you trying to, ina round about way, suggest our planet is so small that our accomplishments are only "important" to us? If so, you're probably right.. but then again, we know little of what we really mean outside of our planet so you have nothing to base that on.
edit on 26-3-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You're set in your ways regarding our species. I understand where you're coming from. But you're making out as if our species ISN'T special and you're making out as if I'm saying other species AREN'T special.

Even though, as previously mentioned, special Isn't my word of choice but...

Special:
better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.

So on that note, is there any species like us on earth? Who hold as much power (however evil it may seem)? How do we not define as special?

Is there any species on earth that is exactly like any other species on earth? No. Everything humans do, you can find examples of animals in the animal kingdom also doing it.

The entire globe has species with very special qualities. I don't understand what you're trying to get at?

The idea is that if everyone is special then no one is special.

Are you trying to chip away at human beings because you think we think too highly of ourselves? Or are you trying to, ina round about way, suggest our planet is so small that our accomplishments are only "important" to us? If so, you're probably right.. but then again, we know little of what we really mean outside of our planet so you have nothing to base that on.

Actually I'm suggesting both of those things.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join