It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Intern [ART2015]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
“You know, I saw something like this years ago when I first started working here in the coroner's office,” the director stated as he did the final closures on the chest cavity. “We didn't know what it was then, nor do we know now!” “I swear, if I was a conspiracy nut I would say it is an alien!” “Oh it is very similar to us but with a number of significant differences, like having a pineal gland three times the size of ours. It also has a few additional organs who's functions I have no clue.”

The young intern only shook her head and agreed. For this cadaver was unlike anything she had ever seen. It's diminutive size appeared to be that of a child but it had adult features including a thick beard. It's long pointed ears reminded her of her favorite actor Leonard Nimoy when he played Spock. His clothes were especially enigmatic, he was dressed very much like what a swashbuckling pirate might have looked from the past. Even so the clothes were very well made of fine unknown materials.

She thought to herself how much she would have liked to talk to him when he was still alive. Too bad he had been struck and killed by an Uber car just a block from the United Nations Building. Apparently he had been attempting to cross the street when he had been struck by the car and thrown into a crosswalk post. The first responders said he appeared dazed and confused. He said he was trying to get to the other princes. He said he had to warn them. He had died in the ambulance so they brought him directly to the coroner.

While the intern thought about these issues she began to go through his clothes that had been removed looking for a drivers license or something that might identify who he was.
That is when she found the small device that looked like a fancy flashlight. When she pressed the button on the end a sudden bright light shown out the other end and an image projected itself onto the nearest wall. Suddenly she heard a voice speaking English but in a very heavy accent. There on the wall was an image of another individual dressed in similar apparel speaking.

As she watched the individual began to address the meeting of princes with a most emergent warning. The speaker identified himself as a leader from a parallel universe. They had sent this emissary to the princes of earth to offer to open up a worm hole to save them from an impending cosmic blast. He said the emissary was the only one who could open up the worm hole from the earth side and maintain it long enough to evacuate everyone to safety. Without their assistance the earth would be destroyed in a matter of months. With that the speaker ended by encouraging the princes of earth to accept their offer because the worm hole could only be done once and time was running out.

The video ended and the room was filled with the sound of the intern sobbing.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

GrayEagle I loved This! Very Cool!!
I give You Your First Star and Flag!!
Now, I need to get started on a story Myself!!
Darned Real Life.
Gets in the way all the time!! LOL!!

Have a Goood One!!! Syx.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Thank you Syx! I will be looking for your post. I had a little time today so made my way to the keyboard. I had to give a nod to Leonard Nimoy, may he RIP!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Really enjoyed that! Zipped right through it, with it becoming curious-er and curious-er!

I choose to believe we didn't entirely miss the boat though. SURELY they sent us another emissary!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

@> GrayEagle ~ You are Very Welcome!
And Yes, I caught the tip of the Hat to Leonard (Spock) Nimoy!

Nicely done!!

@> LadyInWaiting ~ It's You!! I have been looking at everyones signatures for weeks now trying to find yours!! I saw it a while back, and with My bad memory, I forgot exactly how it went, but I really like it!! I am happy to have seen it like right now!! LOL!!!

I am Wishing That You Both Have a Great Day!!!! Later for Now, Syx...

edit on 22-3-2015 by SyxPak because: I Did a Little Boo Boo...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

My writing always tends to be shorter than most. I am a pretty busy guy so I write in whatever time I have to spare. I like to banter about with words like concise, economical, etc. I try to write these in one sitting. It challenges me to develop a plot and bring it to a good finish. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hey greyeagle,

Great story! Creative twist...I feel bad for us now though. Wish the poor little fellow hadn't tried to cross the street in NY City. Hopefully our alien friends will send more than one emissary...especially when the first didn't report back.

Sad!!

- AB

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

The intern has the answer in her hand. The image projection device is also what opens the worm hole. For those of you who need a happy ending there you go. This little guy was their second try at rescuing us. The first emissary was killed as well. Kinda of humbling to think the future of man rests in the hand of an intern. I sure hope she doesn't blow it.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I loved this story.

S&F

CdT

new topics

top topics

join