It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A angry god is a weak god

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
People see anger as strength but there is nothing powerful about anger. Anger is what happens when you're mad you couldn't get your way.

How can a God with an all powerful will be angry he didn't get his way? The only things that can happen is what he ALLOWS through his all powerfulness (free-will) and God's Will is for us to CHOOSE to stay in light or leave into darkness - our lives our choices which only happens because God CHOOSES to allow it to happen. No reason for God to be angry with what he chooses to allow through his will.

The wrath of god is the name of a evil spirit (samael, sama - wrath ; el - God). Angry war spirits are just jealous that Humanity still loves itself to some extent and remembers on some level that we are made in the image and likeness of God (Power/Light). This is the reason negative dark beings like bullies, abusive husbands/wives/lovers or violent individuals need to use Fear to control - to make us forget our strength and to make people feel bad about themselves to leave them in darkness.

Let your light so shine, you are the light of the world and light is not put under a bushel/bowel ; and what use is there to season with salt if it has no flavor?

We have been taught to have low self-esteem, believe power is evil, or even believe there is no free-will.

Let your Light shine.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

An angry God is a reflection of its creators.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Angry? The creator is not angry, I am quite sure he/she/it is quite happy with this virtual reality construct he/she/it created. Free will? Nawww, it's an illusion. Even God allegedly says that He knows the past, present and future. There can be no choices, no free will in a preordained reality construct.

Welcome to hell.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/22.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

We have been taught to have low self-esteem

Exactly.
S&F, just for that.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Anger is transference of internal unbalance to one's environment.... it starts with one's self. Others don't make one angry... one makes one's self angry.

If we are in the hands of an angry god, he then likely created us to vent internal dissatisfaction. Which is possible, I guess... and makes for one weird creation (or weirder than it already is).

The old testament god was certainly angry at times... makes one wonder if that being was truly the alpha and omega, or somewhere further down the corporate creator ladder... as the gnostics posited.

I'd opt for the lovey-dovey god of the addendumbed text... but then that sorta tosses out much of the old testament... along with the killing us for most anything god created us wanting to do with these bodies he/she/it gave us... naughty bits and all.

eta So yeah, agreed with title premise!~

edit on 3/22/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/22/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Anger is weakness, it means you are too weak to keep your emotions in check. To be loving and compassionate is the sign of a strong will. To forgive others is to show strength, to hold a grudge is to show weakness.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

People see anger as strength but there is nothing powerful about anger. Anger is what happens when you're mad you couldn't get your way.

I see anger as confusion,

one is confused at anothers actions and depending on the action that that makes one confused it can make anger arise.

Anger is simply confusion.

Not sure who see anger as strength, that has me a little confused, that view point you just stated, however the confusion I have about the matter isn't a type of confusion that makes anger arise, simply a confusion that creates an inquiring perspective of mind, who thinks anger is power?

I think you are angry at God (confused about God) that is why you try to limit God the creator of all to being one of his/her own creations while having an opposite.

I get angry at God because I cannot understand why things happen the way they do at times, however its faith that keeps my trust in God, I don't need to make God out as having limitations and being just one not the other.

God is all, God is the universe, nature, the living world, I guess I just agree a fair bit with beliefs of Deism or Pantheism in that respect.

Gods not angry, that is limiting God to have human confusion on why things happen the way they do or why people do what they do.

However if God is all then he is a part of anger like when I am angry at God for being confused, God is a part me and I am apart of God and that anger stems from my understand or lack of I should say so God is anger or knows the anger that is created from my misunderstanding, its up to an individual how much anger they want experience and like some have said its a weakness if they allow anger to take over,

That is a part of the test of life, yes everyone will be anger but its how they handle the anger that is important, too much of anything on its own is no good for beings of duality, there needs to be a balance.

Anger arises, feel it and release it. one needs to find their own technique how to handle their own anger.

I would assume many would think of something peaceful and calm and loving to calm their mind and clear the hazy cloudy mind they have to find more clarity.

We have been taught to have low self-esteem, believe power is evil, or even believe there is no free-will.

Have you been taught that?

Sorry if you have, that might explain why you must limit things to what only you can understand or how you want them to be.

Power is both or cab be used for good and evil.

Free will between man and environment man inhabits, to God its not free will if God is everything, God already knows how the story ends so to speak and simply doesn't interfere.

So we have free will between each other and our environment, If God does interfere I believe it would be undetectable and be able to be explained as natural events of environment or celestial events. pretty much like ancient thinking that Zeus sending the lightning or any other natural phenomena that is attributed to weather or know science of today.

That is not saying I don't agree with science or that its wrong, just that I believe that is how God would hide his/her interaction.

When I hear people claim God speaks or makes him self be seen and that is in a fashion of being speaking a known language or having form of a person is when I tend to think its people needing that type of relationship with God to have a better understanding of what or who God is, I believe God can take the form of a man ( I mean if God is all like I believe then there are no limitations) but anyone that interacts with that man would not know it was God, they might believe it was but thats as far as it would go, it would be faith in the experience they had.

Beliefs are all we have and all we have really that allow us to have free will, our beliefs dictate our free will,

Some beliefs move people to do acts many other disagree with or condemn and vice versa.

Our beliefs are all we have, if they need to clash and create havoc in the living world then I guess there is a reason for it, I just don't understand it at times and that is why sometimes that misunderstanding makes me angry at God and look up and ask why and at times use language without much love in the words, however I have yet to have an occasion where I cannot calm my mind or where some higher power calms it for me without me really knowing how my mind has become calm, its just comes hack to my beliefs and faith in what and who God is and I then I sort of understand how I find the clarity to clear the haziness the anger created in my mind.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Just about every human attribute ascribed to god makes him a weak god because they give supposedly omnipotent being flaws.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

We have been taught to have low self-esteem

Exactly.
S&F, just for that.

people who are taught to have low self esteem are less likely to fight back when they are stepped on.

perfect for the 1%.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Perfect for psychopaths and sociopaths to do whatever they want. Is that what you mean?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Actually, anger is based in frustration.
Let me amend that - it is based in one of (or all three) things: Frustration, Fear, and Hurt/Pain.

Why would "God" be afraid or hurt?
edit on 3/23/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Perfect for psychopaths and sociopaths to do whatever they want. Is that what you mean?

was my earlier post not clear enough?

Actually, anger is based in frustration.

and what is causing the frustration? what frustrates an omniscient and omnipotent being? is that not a contradiction in terms? frustration should be an alien sensation to such an entity. particularly if they have never been anything less than omniscient/potent.

edit on 23-3-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You said perfect for the 1%. I figured you meant that to indoctrinate people with low self-esteem is what keeps the 1% on top. I'm saying that the 1% are often (but not always) psycho- and sociopathic.
Devoid of the ability to care about how others are doing, or how they feel.

I agree with you that anger is beneath an 'omniscient and omnipotent being.'
I don't think "God" is a person, with human attributes and weaknesses like lack of anger control.

The root of anger is frustration - not confusion, not weakness, or not getting your way.

Are you taking what I said as an assault?
I'm confused at what you said (but I'm not angry.)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Anger is weakness, it means you are too weak to keep your emotions in check. To be loving and compassionate is the sign of a strong will. To forgive others is to show strength, to hold a grudge is to show weakness.

Awesome post.

My ATS Thread - How to Let Go of Holding Grudges

It's human nature to get angry and to learn from that anger. But it's strength of character to be able to work through that anger and not hold a grudge.

For what it's worth - I don't think the events in the Old Testament that are attributed to God's anger are really the actions of God. I think this is just peasants trying to explain natural events as 'God's Anger', and in other cases it's the peasants trying to control others by claiming God is angry at those who don't do what they say.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You said perfect for the 1%. I figured you meant that to indoctrinate people with low self-esteem is what keeps the 1% on top. I'm saying that the 1% are often (but not always) psycho- and sociopathic.
Devoid of the ability to care about how others are doing, or how they feel.

and i am not inclined to argue with you on that point.

I agree with you that anger is beneath an 'omniscient and omnipotent being.'
I don't think "God" is a person, with human attributes and weaknesses like lack of anger control.

i think we care too much about inspiration and too little about results. possibly because the results are less and less inspiring.

and no, im not upset. ive always enjoyed our exchanges. you remind me of someone who is no longer with the forum...regrettably.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Jesus forgave them "past, present, future sins" so does not apply as action are forgone conclusions (get into heaven free card). The current local laws of county, state and federal districts have a different take on things regarding what psychopaths and sociopaths cannot do (commit a crime and get caught).
edit on 23-3-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There IS such a thing as righteous anger, maybe you can look it up. As the name implies, there's nothing wrong with this at all...as long as you know what it means.

Even Jesus experienced anger. He was "perturbed" at the presence of death (evil) when approaching his dead friend Lazarus. Also, He was quite pissed it seams, at the money changing hands, the profiteering taking place in His Father's House.

Anger is a natural human emotion. Its normal and necessary. It sure helps on a battlefield. Righteous anger that is. Unbridled, hate-filled, venomous anger is a mortal sin however.

If God was "angry"? You can bet it was righteous anger.

I have a step-son on meth right now. Trust me, I am filled with righteous anger about the situation. But you'd never know it by looking at me. All smiles(usually). A holy indifference. My righteous anger can actually help the situation hopefully. It can be my weapon, a motivator. Unbridled anger would help little, if anything. It would only hurt. And it would be sinful.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

"righteous anger" is a cop out. acting out of anger is never a good thing to do. anger makes you irrational, compulsive, violent. anger is the death throes of expectation. you dont always get what you expect and thats something a good leader should keep in mind, instead of throwing a tantrum every time it happens. its also a good reason to carefully evaluate what you expect, unless you want other people getting angry at you. because you arent the only one expecting things. a leader is leader not just because he or she is good at getting what he or she wants. its because he or she is good at making sure everyone gets what they need. cooperative team environment is a million times better than a petrified mass of servants. anger is a good way to the latter and not the former. anger begets fear, fear begets resentment, resentment begets hatred.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

An angry God is a reflection of its creators.

As "ITS" creations (the human ONLY?!) determine IT (GODS) existence [if angry] would negate everything. The only reason 'God' would be angry is the HUMAN: its creation got it ALL wrong; "hey there, you have a higher being that created you" (some kind of miscommunication). The AUO is benevolent; (and wrongly thought) the human thinks it has free will.

new topics

top topics

join