It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to argue creation?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am also a creationist, but I find this to not be a valid argument. For example, on Jupiter you can see the shadows of the total eclipses. Here's an example: jthommes.com...

I believe God could have created everything in 6 days, but I do not think the Bible is saying that. Chapter 2 of Genesis clearly states that man was not on the Earth yet, so Chapter 1 was not about creation. In Chapter 1 He only uses the terms "created" or "made", whereas in Chapter 2 He uses the term "formed," which is likely the actual act of creation as we would see it. Perhaps "created" or "made" means "thought of" and "designed beforehand." Therefore, we have no guidance on how long the creation process took. It may have happened in one day, during His day of rest, which we are still enduring. Clearly, however, He created things in an aged state, "all grown up" so to speak. Otherwise, Adam would have starved waiting for the trees to grow up to feed him. lol

a reply to: randyvs

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Your entire OP is one big argument from ignorance and argument from personal incredulity fallacy.

Is your open mind open to the idea that the bible is a work of fiction or that your god is just superstitious nonsense? Didn't think so..

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Fyre, I simply disagree that image has anything to do with perfection.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Your entire OP is one big argument from ignorance and argument from personal incredulity fallacy.

Is your open mind open to the idea that the bible is a work of fiction or that your god is just superstitious nonsense? Didn't think so..

I suppose asking someone questions and answering them yourself
is indicative of an open mind. For sure Einstien.

edit on Ram32315v05201500000030 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Fyre, I simply disagree that image has anything to do with perfection.

What 'image' are you speaking of, I'm confused.

If you are refering to the logic statements, god, by definition, is perfect. Is that what you disagree with?

As I said, I'm confused by your statement.

Now the idea of a flawed god actually makes more sense to me but then theology of a flawed god sounds a lot like earlier pagan religions.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Right here my fellow member.

Man is imperfect.
God created man in his image.

Therefore:

God is imperfect.

Got to be up at four so gunite ATS. Yawn
edit on Ram32315v31201500000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I'll see your SOAD and raise you a Machine Head..

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Are you actually saying that the eclipse is proof of your god and creationism?

Science being so scientific and closed minded

Yeah so scientific and closed minded that we don't have computers and technology to communicate to each other.... oh wait.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

No DA, what I am saying is this:

Romans 1:20

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his
eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being
understood from what has been made, so that people are without
excuse.

Doesn't mean you have to believe a damn thing. But it might just
mean you should. Unless you're confident that you know it all.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

You are the one who claimed that science (in other words scientists) are closed minded.

Ok how about this?

Some advanced race of aliens came here and created a perfect ratio of sun-moon-earth. Wouldn't that destroy your idea?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
When in doubt quote scripture

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Oh dear lord... (pun intended) - I'm sure someone has already said this but I cannot let it lie anyway.

It just so happens that they appear to be "perfectly" the right size and distance, but it is pure coincidence. The moon is drifting away at around 2cm a year.

In a few million years, the moon will appear to be to small in front of the Sun and it will look like a doughnut - what will religious nuts think then? Oh praise the mighty Krispy Kreme! A few million years ago, it would have been far closer and blocked the sun completely.

Are you aware that way in the distant past, the Moon was so close, our days were shorter and they are getting longer and longer as the Moon moves away from us? Probably not.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Also, the moon's diameter is 27.3% of the earth's diameter (observable lunar year =27.3 days) and the earth is about 366% of the moon's diameter (earthly year about 365.24 days). We are living in a realm created through intelligent design. Maybe we should go beyond the heliocentric theory and consider a conscious-centered theory.

Oh please - you're being selective in which measurement of a "lunar year" you're using and even then you're rounding off numbers which are different. As for the diameter thing, you yourself use the word "about", because you know your numbers don't add up - the Earth's diameter is actually 3.666 (or 3.67 rounding up to decimal places) of the Moons and a year is 365.25 days - unless you're suggesting God went "Meh, close enough"...

Also, as mentioned, the Moon is moving away from us, so in the future you're numbers about the length of the Lunar "year" won't make any sense and in the past, they wouldn't have made any sense either.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: IpoopThere4IAM
" The great thing about science is, it's true, whether you believe it or not. "

- Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Not arguing creation here, but there is a flaw. Science has been proven wrong by later discoveries.
So science is not always true.... only as true as they know at that point in time.

Yeah, proven wrong by ....... Science! So Science is always right!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
One book to rule them all...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You are the one who claimed that science (in other words scientists) are closed minded.

Ok how about this?

Some advanced race of aliens came here and created a perfect ratio of sun-moon-earth. Wouldn't that destroy your idea?

Science itself is supposed to be the observation of things, and figuring out how it works.

How often though the conclusions from it are just as rangy as someone guessing at winning lottery numbers.

THIS is why I see no real difference between those who claim SCIENCE is different than religion.

SCIENCE has been made a mockery of, in a good many cases that IRONICLY are in the areas that religions are tied into....

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: IpoopThere4IAM
" The great thing about science is, it's true, whether you believe it or not. "

- Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Not arguing creation here, but there is a flaw. Science has been proven wrong by later discoveries.
So science is not always true.... only as true as they know at that point in time.

Yeah, proven wrong by ....... Science! So Science is always right!

Sounds like a uniquely religious point of view!!

Classicly SCIENCE is always WRONG !!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Man is imperfect.
God created man in his image.

Therefore:

God is imperfect.

Thank you - not a image per se, but close enough.

You may not agree with the conclusion, but the logic is valid if the premises are true.
edit on 23-3-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Our world, our existence is a miracle. While maybe not one created by a God, one that was created somehow. I don't believe in a God by the biblical terms, but I hope I'm wrong. Science is the absolute best we can do to prove facts. But like a computer (I'm a long-time programmer), the device is perfect but the software it runs is flawed by it's creators...humans. Science is also perfect when used correctly to discover facts. But considering that we are flawed...how accurate is OUR science?

In 1000 years, the science of today will look like child's play. And much of it will be discarded for the NEW, more accurate science. So...I don't believe much. But I believe this. Everything was created by something, someone or a God. We can't prove perfectly either of those. So I just go with the flow. I appreciate whatever created us all and one day I would love to know the details.

In the mean time...I believe we are a miracle.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: cooperton
Also, the moon's diameter is 27.3% of the earth's diameter (observable lunar year =27.3 days) and the earth is about 366% of the moon's diameter (earthly year about 365.24 days). We are living in a realm created through intelligent design. Maybe we should go beyond the heliocentric theory and consider a conscious-centered theory.

Oh please - you're being selective in which measurement of a "lunar year" you're using and even then you're rounding off numbers which are different. As for the diameter thing, you yourself use the word "about", because you know your numbers don't add up - the Earth's diameter is actually 3.666 (or 3.67 rounding up to decimal places) of the Moons and a year is 365.25 days - unless you're suggesting God went "Meh, close enough"...

Also, as mentioned, the Moon is moving away from us, so in the future you're numbers about the length of the Lunar "year" won't make any sense and in the past, they wouldn't have made any sense either.

For how critical you are of these "coincidences", you seem to be 100% sure about the moon moving away from earth. Why is that though? Is not gravity an attractive force? For that matter, what is preventing the earth from hastily approaching the sun? The sun's attractive force via gravity far outmatches any of the planets that could pull the earth the other way. So, why hasn't the earth fallen closer to the sun?

"That's what an orbit is, the earth zooms past the sun and the centripetal force is exactly the same as the attractive force of the sun"

Oh my, what a coincidence. All the other planets behave this way too? Amazing. What are the odds? Astronomical. Unless, perhaps, it was by design.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join