It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to argue creation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

The "stir the pot" Sunday thread. Do you get some peculiar brownie points for launching the weekly anti-God platform?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I can only put in two forms, the positive and negative of creation.

Pro: It mysterious and beautiful to the point, life is just simply magical, and that God is an artist.

Cons: Its cruel, and deadly, from small natural disasters slowly wiping out small villages to cosmic scaled disasters wiping out life in instants. And that God is a comedian with too much time on his hands.
edit on 22-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

So you have pure faith on one side and pure reason on the other and we’re supposed to believe, somehow, that these two things don’t meet in the middle.

Oh I say they do meet in the middle. Where science first explains
the mechanics of Gods creation. But then arrogantly makes use of
such knowledge to negate his existence. As if learning the mechanics
negates the master mechanic. That is just pure ignorance.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I'll play, later, which side of the pyramid would you prefer I argue the case on behalf of, a religious God, Intelligent Design or Science? You want a good debate right?

Cheers - Dave

Not going to argue with that.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I don't think science tries to disprove God. Not all scientists are atheists and science doesn't have an opinion. Science is a tool that can be used in many different ways, not just to disprove God.

I believe science explains the mechanics of God as well, so we do agree on that.

Don't shoot the messenger Randy. I honestly had no idea this was your thread, you've changed your avatar since we last met.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Well the diameters are pretty close to 400 as you said, but the distance isn't.

In fact the distance varies during the month which is why some eclipses are total and others leave a halo.

Man tried to explain things through religion before they understood things or had factual knowledge.

The moon, sun, eclipse, is in the lore of many religions. Most much older than the ones that are popular today.

We don't know the odds of such alignments happening throughout the universe, but as science create better means of detecting the billions upon billions of other systems I wouldn't bet ours is unique in that way.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Science and it's methods than I do Religion.

And I know it may seem odd for me to say this but,
so do I.

But I do have more faith in God then anything else.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Respectfully Randyvs, I get the hi odds of our moon perfectly eclipsing the sun, but have to argue it is possible. Considering the sheer number of stars , moons and planets out there and the infinite Universe, that is.

However, that other element called life…

I never get an answer to where an egg, seed, DNA and the womb come from.

All the spheres in the cosmos are a given, life is different.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

Job 31
26 if I have regarded the sun in its radiance or the moon moving in splendor, 27 so that my heart was secretly enticed and my hand offered them a kiss of homage, 28 then these also would be sins to be judged, for I would have been unfaithful to God on high.

Seems like being enticed by the moon and sun (solar eclipse) is being unfaithful to God.

And to your point:

Deuteronomy 4
16 So do not corrupt yourselves by making an idol in any form--whether of a man or a woman,

But Jesus isn't an idol in the form of man, he's God himself in the form of man. Totally different... somehow.

But that's for another thread.

I can't even begin to understand how you can quote me on something I cannot remember writing.

Perhaps I was possessed by The Holy Ghost?

EDIT:
I get your point now. Convoluted but I got it.
edit on 22-3-2015 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

We don't know the odds of such alignments happening throughout the universe, but as science create better means of detecting the billions upon billions of other systems I wouldn't bet ours is unique in that way.

And that I believe explains our differences pretty well my friend.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The "stir the pot" Sunday thread.

LMAO

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
When I get the chance to see a solar eclipse, or even a lunar eclipse, I do not even think of what is happening technically. Why ruin the experience talking about what is happening when you are looking at it.

It is an interesting conversation talking about people who knew the events were coming through history and their planning to visit societies and scamming the people into thinking they made it happen. It shows you how science has made people rich in the past through deception. If people do not think this is not still going on today, they need to go to sites like this to see how it works.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Also, the moon's diameter is 27.3% of the earth's diameter (observable lunar year =27.3 days) and the earth is about 366% of the moon's diameter (earthly year about 365.24 days). We are living in a realm created through intelligent design. Maybe we should go beyond the heliocentric theory and consider a conscious-centered theory.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I'm sure there are some foolish individuals working in various scientific endeavors who make or have made statements of the sort you claim but in all honesty, I don't think the phenomena of arrogance and closed mindedness is the sole domain of people working in various scientific disciplines.

You're right Peter, I was painting with a broad brush and stand
corrected.
edit on Rpm32215v49201500000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It happens..no harm, no foul. I think its safe to say that everyone does it from time to time when trying to get a point across. I'm sure I've used that same broad headed brush when discussing YEC adherents in the past and including them with all creationists which as we know, they come in all sorts of flavors.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Maybe I am playing both sides, but I always felt that God created exactly what we see for the purpose of giving us the option of believing or not. Religion is faith based. God could show He exists if He chose to but that would undermine the faith aspect of the religion. By show us He exists, I mean he could give us proof numerous ways, including making life and earth so improbable it necessitates intervention of some supreme being demonstrating design rather than coincidence.

If God created the Earth, could He not have created it out of rock millions of years old? Maybe the tests we use to compare age of earthly elements measure time differently than the clock He used. Who knows. I cant prove or disprove either side, so I rationalize in a way that satisfies me. It may not work for anyone else, but I don't owe anyone else a satisfactory solution so that doesn't matter to me.

In my perspective there is room for both creation and evolution, and I see evidence suggesting both in this earth. I allow both the possibility of existence until someone proves one of them is wrong. The truth demands no less.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Did you know that the moon is drifting away so in future times eclipses like the recent one will no longer be so spectacular.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
When I get the chance to see a solar eclipse, or even a lunar eclipse, I do not even think of what is happening technically. Why ruin the experience talking about what is happening when you are looking at it.

It is an interesting conversation talking about people who knew the events were coming through history and their planning to visit societies and scamming the people into thinking they made it happen. It shows you how science has made people rich in the past through deception. If people do not think this is not still going on today, they need to go to sites like this to see how it works.

Oh I couldn't agree with you more Ricky. Excellent point!

But I see this as good reason for spreading what the Bible
teaches. As in this case to such primitives.

edit on Rpm32215v082015u23 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Irony...

You post a video of an eclipse.

I post one of the most significant archeological finds in human history.

Your thread gets more stars and flags, just because you're more popular on the boards then me.

As this post will probably make me more unpopular, I don't really care. That is the way I see it.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

they come in all sorts of flavors.

And I do hope I testify to at least that much my good man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join