It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to argue creation?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

That I believe, is one of the best G-D questions
I've ever been asked on these boards.

Forgive me if I take some time? But the question deserves some thought.
But initially? YES!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Watch the moon placed so perfectly in the heavens along with the earth and sun and everything else to make this awesome sight

Perfectly? Nope not always. And far in the future the apparent size of the moon will be much smaller.

edit on 6/21/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Would be folly to continue following a fake gid though isn't it?.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Let's go with close minded.

Weeeell then. Guess that settles that debate.

But seriously, I'm curious. What if science proves the existence of god, but it's not at all what you thought it to be. Would you still worship it?

Seriously.......wouldnt you?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Seriously would anyone worship Hitler?

Come to think of it... the way most Christian believe and explain their god, it sure sounds like Hitler.

If science discovered god and it's either better or worse, will it change? Some will still stick to their beliefs anyway.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Why do we blame God for all the evil we do?

Only religious people blame God for things, I don't, I don't know if God is real or not so I never blame him.

BUT when people say there is a God and he loves us all, I then ask: why does he make some babies born ill? Why doesn't he stop certain diseases we have no way to stop, especially in children? Why doesn't he erase diseases that are passed on with genes? All things not done by the evil of men (as some call it) and nothing to do with free will (before you say that).

I could go on about lots of things, but how can you tell me there is a God and that he loves us, when the most innocent of all, children, suffer?

edit on 22-6-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

The first entrapment is done by this god in the Bible when god tempted Adam and Eve.

Sorry mods if it's going off topic.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Seriously would anyone worship Hitler?

Come to think of it... the way most Christian believe and explain their god, it sure sounds like Hitler.

If science discovered god and it's either better or worse, will it change? Some will still stick to their beliefs anyway.

I agree. Some would still be faithful to their old believes. It is just how some humans are. We all have Our comfort sone we like to stay in.

There would still be doubt within many religios communeties about the Scientific fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Only religious people blame God for things, I don't, I don't know if God is real or not so I never blame him.

BUT when people say there is a God and he loves us all, I then ask: why does he make some babies born ill? Why doesn't he stop certain diseases we have no way to stop, especially in children? Why doesn't he erase diseases that are passed on with genes? All things not done by the evil of men (as some call it) and nothing to do with free will (before you say that).

I could go on about lots of things, but how can you tell me there is a God and that he loves us, when the most innocent of all, children, suffer?

Really, is that so....

Our speciality is to Place blame. We blame the elits for everything we do for them. It seams that our evils are never our fault, but some one elses. Be it religious or political......it dosent matter, as long as there are someone or something to Place our blame on.

Is it really God who makes our babies ill?

Is it really God who makes our society the way it is, or is that our own accomplishment?

Nothing about our lives is normal. We live in a unnatural manufactured society.

Why is it that you People think that God is the reason we are unhappy and unsuccesfull?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

The first entrapment is done by this god in the Bible when god tempted Adam and Eve.

Sorry mods if it's going off topic.

Was it a trap..... Was it really God who tempted Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden?

That is not true according to the Bible.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Everything you stated was closed minded as well.

edit on 22-6-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Really, is that so....

Our speciality is to Place blame. We blame the elits for everything we do for them. It seams that our evils are never our fault, but some one elses. Be it religious or political......it dosent matter, as long as there are someone or something to Place our blame on.

Is it really God who makes our babies ill?

Is it really God who makes our society the way it is, or is that our own accomplishment?

Nothing about our lives is normal. We live in a unnatural manufactured society.

Why is it that you People think that God is the reason we are unhappy and unsuccesfull?

Ok, let me rephrase: I am not religious hence I do not blame God for anything, so the 'you people' does not apply to me, thank you very much. ~rolls eyes~

My point is: why a God who is supposed to love us allow children, the most innocent of creatures, suffer? Why should children pay for crimes they haven't committed? I am a mother and I would do anything to protect my children, because I love them and yet God, who is meant to be the most powerful loving being, allow children to suffer when they have not sinned?

If I witness a child being abused/raped/murdered I would surely step in, because our duty is to protect children.... and yet God stands idly doing nothing.... free will? He gives the rapist/murderer free will to hurt but he doesn't not give children free will to live a safe childhood....

And how can religious people say we have free will? I didn't choose to be born, I didn't choose my parents or life... where is the free will there?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

To answer this; i must say that God knows what Our children will grow up to become. We are all borne sinners.

The future is already set. It was set at the time God formed the firmament. And time can not be stopped, and everything will unfold as expected. We are the only once who dont know the out come. And we are left to argue it.

This is all ment to be. But no body knows why. Our time on Earth is very short when it comes to age. If the Words in the Bible are true. This life is not what God has in store for the elect.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your little religious bubble but MAN created god in fact lots of them all over the world.

Want to explain how your puny god only existed in the minds of MAN in a tiny area of the globe.

Want to explain how MAN created literally 1000's of gods all over the planet.

Want to explain how your puny god that you think created everything could only get his message across in a tiny area of our planet, the answer is simple MAN created god.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

To answer this; i must say that God knows what Our children will grow up to become. We are all borne sinners.

According to Christianity children did not choose to be born, God put them in this world. Why do so if they are going to suffer? Why do so and let them die an early death even before they could possibly prove they were sinners?

This is another example of why I walked away from religion as it condones all kind of violence and suffering even against the most innocent creatures.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The future is already set. It was set at the time God formed the firmament. And time can not be stopped, and everything will unfold as expected. We are the only once who dont know the out come. And we are left to argue it.

This is all ment to be. But no body knows why. Our time on Earth is very short when it comes to age. If the Words in the Bible are true. This life is not what God has in store for the elect.

*yawn

Really? This is the most used and abused cop out Christians have. Everything is planned, our destinies are fate and already decided. What a load of bull#. So, with that logic, I've decided that I will no longer go to work, clean my place, reject everyone out of my life and just sit here twiddling my thumbs until I croak. What garbage. When ever I hear these excuses I begin to to see red. So who's the elect? The righteous few I presume? While the rest of us have been already scheduled to burn in hell?
edit on 22-6-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

According to Christianity children did not choose to be born, God put them in this world. Why do so if they are going to suffer? Why do so and let them die an early death even before they could possibly prove they were sinners?

This is another example of why I walked away from religion as it condones all kind of violence and suffering even against the most innocent creatures.

Probably true. Non of us chose to be borne. We are all preplanned in Advanced, not by Our parents but by God.

For some this would seam very unrealistic. The Book of life would probably also seam very unfair to some. This book is also written in Advance by God. Only the once who have their names written in the book of life will be reborne. The others will never exist again after Death.

If this is fair or not is way abowe some Peoples understanding. It is said that only the names written in the book of life will understand. That is proabably also the reason their names are in the book of life.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Well we were condemed by God in the garden of Eden to experiance the difference between good and evil.

condemned by his lack of foresight, refusal to hold himself accountable, and constant lackadaisical approach to everything except his own ego. The only thing he takes seriously is himself. Pretty cliche for a literary baddie. Like a cross between Lockhart and voldemort.

Are you saying: By the lack of his foresight.......So you are judging God now by Your better understanding.

Do yo know the moral code or something.....? You must since you can judge God and his foresight.

No Where in the bible does God say that this life on earth will be easy or fair.

No, but I do understand the definitions of both omniscience and omnipotence and how they play together. These apparently justify and augment his authority but don't actually do anything practical. I will happily hold him accountable for not employing these attributes to their full potential (since its effortless for him) and for pinning his own personal failures on a species that merely fell into his trap. We did exactly what he expected us to. That's not our fault.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

For some this would seam very unrealistic. The Book of life would probably also seam very unfair to some. This book is also written in Advance by God. Only the once who have their names written in the book of life will be reborne. The others will never exist again after Death.

Then your God is a cruel sadistic being who likes to toy with humans in the most despicable way. He creates people to make them suffer and then even deny them an afterlife.... how do you guys still worship him I don't know...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
...christians say they're chosen but the rest of us are not.

Well, not really:

Most religions state that if you are not a member of their religion you will go to hell.
There are approximately 4200 religions in the world, with as many Gods.
Since all people in the world belong to one of these religions or are atheists/agnostics, then it is safe to say that we are all going to hell! All 7 billion of us!

...I am packing lots of suncream.. lol

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join