It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculative Future Timeline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I just got to this point in the time line...

Asteroid Terrorism

Rapid civilian expansion into the solar system – and the increasing ease of access to space technology – has led to the emergence of a new and deadly form of terrorism. This involves the sabotage or hijacking of spacecraft, for use in the purposeful redirection of asteroids towards Earth, Mars and the Moon.*

Various colonies in the outer solar system are also being targetted. These are particularly vulnerable, since they tend to lack the orbital infrastructure and defences necessary to deflect these huge incoming objects. At least one major colony around Jupiter is devastated during this time.

In addition to religious extremists, there is a growing anarcho-primitivist movement. This consists of small underground cults opposed to the increasing dominance of AI in the running of world affairs. They deplore what they see as forced, unnatural changes and technologies sweeping humanity – instead favouring a return to more traditional lifestyles and cultures. They are prepared to resort to whatever means necessary to achieve this.*

That kind of takes things to a whole new level and makes today's terrorism pale in comparison. Dropping an asteroid on a city? Wow...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: andy06shake

It's predicting that humanity will be entering the type 2 civilization by 3100 AD.

Humanity is becoming a Type 2

I've always wondered if humanity will ever be able to attain the energy levels required of a type 3. Kind of hard to fathom how it will be possible.

At that point (and probably well before it) the term 'humanity' will be quant.

I am impressed with the timeline, much of the astronomy related stuff in the near term is correct and some of their extrapolations are very plausible if not inevitable.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: EternalSolace

There's hope!

2160 — The world's first bicentenarians

If I'm not mistaken that would mean anyone born after 1960!

Yay!!!

Not too far fetched actually. I once read that anyone born from 1970 on could possibly live well into the 22nd century.
edit on 22-3-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

"At that point (and probably well before it) the term 'humanity' will be quant."

I tend to agree considering once we reach the singularity i imagine trans humanism will begin to take off in a big way and become the norm. Thats if we manage to become a Type One civilization before ensuring our own destruction all the same.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I posted about this site back in june last year on someones thread asking about tooth regeneration
www.abovetopsecret.com...

also what I love about Future Timeline is where possible they do add references to back up their claims at the bottom of the pages, as I said on the thread last year TOOTH REGENERATION IN 2017 us brits will benefit much from this lol

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

This is why serious archivists still use microfilm. It has a much longer shelf life.

Also, you don't need electronic equipment to access the information. In a worst-case scenario you could use the sun and a magnifying glass to read the information.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I've always wondered if there was a way to transcribe information onto diamond or some material that's impervious to 'fading' away or degrading. For instance, they etch the serial numbers onto diamonds. I would think there's a way to preserve other information in a like manner being as how diamonds are not really viable.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Possibly something along the lines of the memory crystals from Superman?

www.gizmag.com...

Apparently its even possible to store information in DNA these days! All through technically this has always been the case.

www.extremetech.com...
edit on 23-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"At that point (and probably well before it) the term 'humanity' will be quant."

I tend to agree considering once we reach the singularity i imagine trans humanism will begin to take off in a big way and become the norm. Thats if we manage to become a Type One civilization before ensuring our own destruction all the same.

On that note, I didn't see it but according to that timeline, what was the year the singularity happened?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I think the timeline in question predicts the singularity to occur sometime around the 22 century. Personally i imagine should we manage to stave of world war three, solve/stabilize our population problems and meet our energy demands we may even get there around the year 2050. But that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
We should still be taking the time to etch the really important stuff on stone. Things like Pi, the elemental table, mathematical equations...

This way, discs losing data isn't so much a concern.

Very cool timeline prediction. I enjoyed the read. S&F.

CdT

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think the timeline in question predicts the singularity to occur sometime around the 22 century. Personally i imagine should we manage to stave of world war three, solve/stabilize our population problems and meet our energy demands we may even get there around the year 2050. But that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

If certain people on ATS get there way we will get WW3 4 and 5

Certain people seem to live off war like its some big fun game.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Very true, then again our respective governments seem to thrive on war. Simple fact is that its a multi-billion dollar industry.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that the world government in the future is actually AI.

Does this sit well with everyone? I can see the advantages and disadvantages.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I can see where an impartial AI could effectively end prejudice legislation and laws, I personally don't think it would be a good idea. AI, as we know them, lack empathy and partiality.

I while I don't think an integration of AI and technology into government is a bad thing, but I think that letting an AI take over completely is a bad bad thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I love that website. One of my favorite predictions on there is about how in the future humans will be able to replace their body and create a whole new "look" for themselves. The video that went with the prediction still bothers me because at one point it shows a place of business that had a sign that stated that humans who weren't altered by replacement parts couldn't apply to work their.

I can image a world where humans who chose not to alter themselves are treated like second class citizens. I can see the benefits in replacement parts, but I don't believe humans who choose not to replace their body parts should be treated differently from other humans.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

But energy cannot be expended. It transfers from one form to another. If we advance enough to survive that timeline , I'm sure we will have figured out all forms of energy by then... IF we survive without killing ourselves first.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B

Energy can be expended in the form of heat. Dissipating heat is not the destruction of energy.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Still reading,as there is a ton of material but this is fascinating thank you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join