It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy explains US-Russia-Ukraine issue with a single image, cool

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Is the West really in power if Putin can grab all the land he wants without fear of opposition?a reply to: sosobad

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Like I said, the world is NOT at peace and what I argued is that IT NEVER WILL BE. It never has been. Saying that we havent had peace as the worlds most powerful country for more than 5 years is retarded. The world hasnt had peace for a single day..not a single DAY ever....so the lonely 5 years of peace of one nation is not indicative of some greater observation.

I dont see thee point in listing wars that powerful nations engage in as if it is telling of a pattern. The pattern is in ourselves. How many times have YOU personally been violent, intolerant, or just generally HUMAN in your life? How many times WILL YOU BE?

Also, I didnt even direct my last post at your personally. I replied to you since its your thread, and I am telling you my thoughts.

As far as long posts. I have much to say. If you cant read then I suggest going to youtube to watch videos. I think people who complain about long posts are just lazy. Excuse me for having more to say than one liners. Maybe I am smarter than you, I dont know. Maybe I am just not lazy when it comes to hearing people out...especially when I disagree with them.

Also, I didnt say you placed FAULT with the US. I said that the grievance people have with HUMAN NATURE is not with a single country or with all of them. It is their own problem accepting their own design. I am at peace with my war...hence why I am probably more at peace than the most passionate pacifist. I am not frustrated with human nature. I know better.

edit on 3 23 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Is the West really in power if Putin can grab all the land he wants without fear of opposition?a reply to: sosobad

Debatable whether they are or not but you already know his battle plan remember

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
What land?

Crimea?

The population of Crimea voted on that Lol

Where's this other land they have "grabbed".

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmic66

Its funny that the only people to corroborate the votes are Russian institutions...no international authority like say THE UN accepts those votes as eagerly as Russia.

If they did vote then why were there Russian military on the ground? I would think a parade was in order...not psyops and special forces activities in the area.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I dont see thee point in listing wars that powerful nations engage in as if it is telling of a pattern.

What is wrong with listing facts? Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Bit I see why you commented to me and not the other poster. You have anti Russian views.

Also, I didnt even direct my last post at your personally. I replied to you since its your thread, and I am telling you my thoughts.

Ain't my thread buddy, I just commented. You replied to my post third down from the top.

I think people who complain about long posts are just lazy. Excuse me for having more to say than one liners.

I feel you can say it a lot more coherently without droning on but that's my personal assessment.

edit on 23-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

lol
no please I am Europien and we have no Efin idea what the hell we are doing!!!!
we leave it up to u big brothers
help us don't hate us

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

well I would think you would have to make an eternal and endlessly incomplete list of wars globally to get at any worthy observations about a single country. That approach is flawed since you are actually speaking about human tendencies for conflict...not the US`s modus operandi.

As I stated before, there is no avoiding human nature. We arent doomed to repeat history...we simply are what we are...and we will do what we do no matter the analysis we say we apply to history. In one generation all we learn is overwritten by the values of the next generation who will draw on their human nature to find their way in life.

My mistake, its not your thread. My bad. BUT, I still didnt direct my thoughts at you personally. I spoke my thoughts about people in general who are overly vocal about the vices of the west while defending the virtues of our geo-political opponents. I say they are blind to the bigger picture. That is still true.

I havent droned off. I hold a rather unpopular opinion. Droning off would be closer to advocating the peaceful nature of a superpower in the world we live in as being greater than that of another superpower....Those who defend Russia in their aggressive expansionism are in line with the propaganda coming out of Moscow...I would think that is pretty drone like.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

See its very hard for you to claim some unambiguous moral high ground when you lambast me for listing facts about a country and then go onto call a country dealing with security issues on their own borders as expansionism.

You are thoroughly hypocritical telling me I am wrong on my position while espousing your own.

The fact you try to single out my post while ignoring the very next one shows you are not some bastion of critical thinking that you probably think you are.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

That was a REALLY weird response, I do not get it.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrettyPlease1
Yeah US is a really good guy along with their little sidekick NATO

List of countries US warred in for nice and peachy reasons only

China 1945-46
Korea 1950-53
China 1950-53
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-60
Guatemala 1960
Belgian Congo 1964
Guatemala 1964
Dominican Republic 1965-66
Peru 1965
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Guatemala 1967-69
Lebanon 1982-84
Grenada 1983-84
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1981-92
Nicaragua 1981-90
Iran 1987-88
Libya 1989
Panama 1989-90
Iraq 1991
Kuwait 1991
Somalia 1992-94
Bosnia 1995
Iran 1998
Sudan 1998
Afghanistan 1998
Yugoslavia – Serbia 1999
Afghanistan 2001
Libya 2011

Just moving this list to the end of the thread.

Anybody got another list of countries where the u.s has directly intervened or destabilised legit governments?

edit on 23-3-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
bottom line; humanity hates itself, can't live with itself and is determined to kill itself. us/russia/china/whoever.

we suck.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Russia ( USSR) wars after WW2

1944–1956 Estonia
1944–1956 Latvia
1944–1956 Lithuania

1950-1953 Korean War
1953 Uprising in east Germany
1953-1975 Laotian Civil War
1956 Hungarian revolution
1968 Invasion of Czechoslovakia
1969-1970 War of Attrition
1971 Indo-pakistani War
1974-1990 Eritrean War of independence
1975-2002 Angolan Civil War
1977-1978 Ethio-Somali War
1979-1989 Soviet War in Afghanistan

1992 War of Transnistria
1992 East Prigorodny Conflict
1992-1997 Civil War in Tajikistan
1993 Georgian Civil War
1994-1996 First Chechen War
1999 War of Dagestan
1999-2009 Second Chechen War
2008 Russo-Georgian War
2009-North Caucasus Insurgency
2014- Intervention in Ukraine

These list did not include oppression and deaths of civilians who were shot dead during russification , tortured just because they had non communist views , were members of resistance or didn´t find Russian ( ussr ) annexation of their country after WW2 good for them.
How many people died or were sent to Siberia to die.. i am sure there are figures.
Just balancing things out.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That is American democracy's greatest tool:

Subversion, deception and diversion through public ignorance.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmic66

In a widely derided vote that was full of irregularities and outright fraud.

What is even stranger is that a year prior to this "vote", opinion polls put the desire to join Russia at less than 30%, with the vast majority indicating they'd prefer to remain as part of Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Funny that

In June 2014, a Gallup poll with the Broadcasting Board of Governors asked Crimeans if the results in the March 16, 2014 referendum to secede reflected the views of the people. A total of 82.8% of Crimeans said yes.

www.forbes.com...

Damn Forbes pushing Russian propaganda again

In February 2015, a poll by German polling firm GfK revealed that attitudes have not changed. When asked “Do you endorse Russia’s annexation of Crimea?”, a total of 82% of the respondents answered “yes, definitely,” and another 11% answered “yes, for the most part.”

edit on 23-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I am not aware of taking a moral high ground. On the contrary, I am negating the one taken that places Russian aggression above the US's.

I dont think you really understand what I am saying after that post.

Also, I dont know you. I assure you that my mistake in thinking this was your thread lies in the fact that I am on an old phone in Mexico while on a moving bus. Lol Nothing nefarious there bud

The argument stands. You say security concerns of Russia ar what dictate interference beyond their borders. I can understand that...but what they did was like if the US took over part of Mexico over security concerns....This is not the way.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And former Soviet citizens understood that the voice on the telephone was asking them if they were loyal to Moscow. How would you have answered?a reply to: sosobad

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
And former Soviet citizens understood that the voice on the telephone was asking them if they were loyal to Moscow. How would you have answered?a reply to: sosobad

Gallup poll and German poll, face to face, they give 2 pdf's in the article. Not reading links again tsk tsk

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
And the FSB would never pose as journalists. Not using critical thinking again, tsk tsk.a reply to: sosobad

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join