It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st U.S. Presidential Republican Candidate for 2016 ...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I assume most of you know that Bill Clinton is best buds with the Bush family, tells you everything you need to know.

More than best buds. Bill is closer to Bush than either of his sons are. If I remember right, Bush even called Clinton his son at one point. As far as the politics go, those two families are basically one.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
a reply to: Aazadan

Was he born in the US? No.. Therefor logically he us not a US Natural Citizen.. How hard is that to comprehend?
He screwed up by being born somewhere other than the US.. If his birth place does not say bla bla in town of bla bla in the United States of America then there is not wiggle room.. It says Natural US Citizen.

www.presidentsusa.net...

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

And for the record I know nothing of this guy..

I am still pissed about the 08 and 12 elections where Ron Paul was so legitly robbed of the Election process..

Legally, the argument you are making here makes zero sense. You are saying that because he wasn't born in the US he's not a natural born citizen. However, natural born citizen has no definition, in legal speak they are complete nonsense words. In it's undefined nature it could apply to anyone born through C section just as easily as it could be applied to people born off of US soil. It could even refer to naturalized citizens. The Supreme Court are the only ones who can define this, and they've spent 200 years trying not to, because they like it being open ended. In the few cases they've had on the subject they've said that a person either is or isn't natural born, with very little discussion as to why.

Now, I don't want to see Cruz win, but I have no problem with him running. Bad candidates eventually make the good ones better, and many people like Cruz, they deserve to see their guy get a shot. That said, Cruz has a pretty good case that he can argue saying he's eligible. I hope the Supreme Court gives it to him, the law we're arguing over is completely ridiculous in the first place.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I have thought about it but I seem to be about $1 billion short of what it would take to win. Now, if I could get away with opening a can of whoopass in order to narrow the field...I might only need $500 million to win.

If it comes down to money then the US cant be a democracy. its a monecracy
edit on 23-3-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

no the country is origin is exactly what matters, such restriction was placed there to prevent foreign interests from influencing our policy and/or taking control of our nation so we could avoid things like the 100 years war or how rome was controlled by german soldiers, being a puppet state with constant coups and plundering of riches.

but well too late now i guess with how things have been going the last 100 years..it's always incremental until before you know it intentions become lost, things are unrecognisable and what was feared to happen ends up happening anyways all because one exception or compromise leads to another, then another, etc.. only a matter of time until some foreign body intent on our destruction outwardly takes control due to "minor" compromises in our constitution and laws.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Was he born in the US? No.. Therefor logically he us not a US Natural Citizen.. How hard is that to comprehend?

That's not how it works. Think about it. Military family, child born in Germany? Is the child a US citizen? Yes. Happens all the time. hat's how you have all these dual citizens running around. Though i believe the us only recognizes you are a US citizen.

V

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable

You are close to right.

If a child is born to parents "serving the interests of the United States", ie. military or diplomatic service, and the birth is on American controlled soil, ie. military hospital. They would be considered as a "native or natural born" citizen of the United States. I have known of people who were born to military families, but not on American soil, who have been deemed as citizens but not natural born citizens.
The distinction make very little difference until it runs afowl of seeking the election to an office such as President of the United States of America, where it is a "stated" prerequisite.
edit on 23-3-2015 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

Where is Orley Tate when we need her???

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

I want to see his Birth Certificate! I want to see his papers!!! Was his father a US Citizen? (Visualize nuclear explosion)

Muwahahahahaaaaa...

(The above statement was parody)

Whew! Okay. That was fun.

Really, I am curious to see how many folks who were screaming for Obama's birth certificate will do mental gymnastics to pretend this isn't an issue for them now.

(Gets popcorn)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yes!
I can't wait until one of his fellow Republican hopeful s bring up this issue.
Also can't wait until the tea party goers have to admit he is "foreign" born.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I don't think he should be eligible, but I'm not the judge that gets to decide.

I am having a great time seeing all the familiar posters who vehemently defended President Obama now railing against someone else using the battle cry:

"show me his Birth Certificate!"

The hypocrisy is astounding yet comical to say the least.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I would never be able to vote for someone like Cruz. Sadly, he's a bigot and I just can't vote for those anymore. I also seem to recall he was against net neutrality, also. I just don't trust the guy.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

I don't think he should be eligible, but I'm not the judge that gets to decide.

I am having a great time seeing all the familiar posters who vehemently defended President Obama now railing against someone else using the battle cry:

"show me his Birth Certificate!"

The hypocrisy is astounding yet comical to say the least.

Ha ha ha!! What's funny is that it is somewhat as if Obama were actually born in Kenya instead of the US. So it's even more contestable, really. There is no question at all that Cruz was not born in the US or on US controlled land (aka a military base or some such).

I think you are having fun trying to put the comical hypocricy onto those who are merely pointing out that some powerful mental gymnastics are required to go from screaming "Obama must show his birth Certificate!" To "Cruz 2016!!! No really, he's American!!!"

I'm not a Constitutional scholar, so I'm not really sure what the legal answer should be for Cruz running for President. It will be very interesting to watch the arguments pro and con, and to see who is doing the arguing!

AB

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I've decided to vote for the person that progressives hate the worst.

I'm going to make it a fun election season.

I'll endorse, in writing, the person who garners the most hate-posts on ATS.

For the record, I thought he gave a good speech (Cruz).

And as some of the posts here indicate, he is definitely in the running.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I know the thread is about Ted Cruz running for President, but to those who keep insisting about the question of Obama's birth I have two (2) questions which I thick could go along way to clear up these questions/ I would seriously like to get truthful answers.

1) Where was Obama's mother the day before his birth? state or country location will surfice.

2) "IF" she was in Kenya, why did she go to Hawaii to pplace his birth announcement rather than Kansas where her parents lived?

I have heard of some mothers planning ahead for their childern's future but this takes it to a new level.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

lol

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Looks like the republicans got 2016 in a bag.

/ultrasarcasm

Sure look like they do considering all the Dems have is a Hillary (liar) and O Malley (plays guitar) Haven't we all had enough of the progressive agenda?!?!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TipTac
I would never be able to vote for someone like Cruz. Sadly, he's a bigot and I just can't vote for those anymore. I also seem to recall he was against net neutrality, also. I just don't trust the guy.

No one really knows how Net Nuetrality is gonna shake out. Netflix was even concerned about the regs the FCC passed down. When you start paying tax due to net nuetrality perhaps you will look back and revisit your statement?!?!

Recall Cruz warned us about Obamacare and look what has happened 5 years later!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Nom Nom Nom

Of course you will... lol!

I brought enough to share everyone! Enjoy!!

- AB

edit on 23-3-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: Lysergic
Looks like the republicans got 2016 in a bag.

/ultrasarcasm

Sure look like they do considering all the Dems have is a Hillary (liar) and O Malley (plays guitar) Haven't we all had enough of the progressive agenda?!?!

And electing a loon who thinks the universe is 6000 years old will fix America?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Hee is a novel idea.....

Why not vote for someone who is the BEST candidate ? Not just vote in a partisan game to piss off the other side?
edit on 23-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Hee is a novel idea.....

Why not vote for someone who is the BEST candidate ? Not just vote in a partisan game to piss off the other side?

Why can't they be one in the same?

My vote will be going towards the person who wants smaller government, smaller government control, less spending, less taxes.

That alone would piss off any progressive!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join