It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st U.S. Presidential Republican Candidate for 2016 ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Cruz will launch a presidential bid outright rather than form an exploratory committee, said senior advisers with direct knowledge of his plans, who spoke on condition of anonymity because an official announcement had not been made yet. They say he is done exploring and is now ready to become the first Republican presidential candidate.

The senator is scheduled to speak Monday at a convocation ceremony at Liberty University in Virginia, where he is expected to declare his campaign for the presidency.
Ted Cruz to Announce Presidential Bid Monday
Longer Version (13-minutes)

-
OPINION: He Will Definately ... Stir-the-(poo?)-Pot

edit on 22-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Cruz is an illeagal alien and I can prove it. Opps sorry. I thought this was the joke forum.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
With all the negative press he has been getting (some probably deserved) there was no doubt in my mind he would make a run for the golden egg. I am afraid if he got the prize though he would find it is just gold painted like those before him.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

That very speech with an audience of regular folks instead of applauding idiots who really are not
listening to what's being said and the response of first respondents..Firemen ..

Found this instead^..

edit on 22-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Cruz is an illeagal alien and I can prove it. Opps sorry. I thought this was the joke forum.

Cruz is a living joke so it might as well be. Can't wait to see what other losers the Republicans wheel out this time.

👣

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Well, I did vote for the guy, and was somewhat happy with him at first.

However, once he voiced his support against net neutrality, my view of him has pretty much gone completely downhill. Still, it's pretty early for 2016 contenders, so Im hoping there will be much better choices.

ETA - Not saying he's the worst choice, but he's pretty far down there.
edit on 22-3-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

He needs to think longer than his nose.

Which for most politicians works fine. Like Pinochio's, also their noses constantly get longer as they lie. And thus, the politicians can indeed think longer than their noses.

Then back to Mr xCuse. As much as I like the idea of crushing IRS, and making cat sand from that rubble, it would also mean the end of Federal administration, and nation's leadership, etc. So, before rushing to ticking on his name in the ballot, I wonder does mr xCuse have any other ideas in the backpocket, so that how then to finance the what ever goes on in the oval office, capitol and around?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I wonder how many Cruz supporters were Obama birthers? That'd be an interesting statistic I'd like to find out. Putting that aside, I'm not sure that Cruz has much of a chance at the nomination. Heck I doubt he'd even win Texas, his home state, in the GOP primaries (Jeb probably has that locked down thanks to his brother George).

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Can Ted Cruz run for president if he was born in Canada? Cruz was born in Canada in 1970 because his father was working for the oil industry there. His mother was born in Delaware and his father was born in Cuba.

Hmmm... seems like I've heard that somewhere before.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
He'll declare from Liberty University? Really? That's a fundamentalist Baptist university. Considering what they preach and stand for, I can safely say that I won't be considering Ted Cruz for POTUS.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
Can Ted Cruz run for president if he was born in Canada? Cruz was born in Canada in 1970 because his father was working for the oil industry there. His mother was born in Delaware and his father was born in Cuba.

Where you're born doesn't matter. Which country you were considered a legal resident of at the time of birth does. If Cruz's papa was in Canada on a work visa or otherwise retained legal citizenship in the U.S., Cruz can run. And Cuba doesn't matter either. Just because you were born in one country, that doesn't mean you retain citizenship there for life. Ask a Mexican.

www.usconstitution.net...

In 2015 it shouldn't matter anyway considering how global the reach of the U.S. is. If this were a country that kept to itself and kept the federal branch indoors to take care of its own citizens, I could see the point of wanting the POTUS to be exclusively American. But that isn't the case now is it? We all know who the federali's care about. That being the case, just cut to the chase and find out who a candidate's main financial backer is and make that person a write-in candidate.

If you want to particiate in the political process, you may as well do it right.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Why doesn't one of you americans on this site run.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Because in our political system, you need corporation backing and $$$$ to even be considered a candidate. You also have to belong to one of the two corrupt party systems in order to be accepted into the presidential debates. Money, corporate and political influence runs every part of our corrupt system. It's why more and more Americans are getting disillusioned and choosing not to vote.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Wow a fundie religious nut for president?

Just want the world needs another religious nut in power.......

Not to say I hate religion as im a christian...... But there religion and then there coo coo land.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Wow a fundie religious nut for president?

Just want the world needs another religious nut in power.......

Not to say I hate religion as im a christian...... But there religion and then there coo coo land.

Exactly we saw what happened to the ME with the last religious nut was in office. Remember what he told the French President? That he wanted to invade Iraq because he saw Gog and Magog at work. How much more would it cost America in men and money following the delusions of another religious nutcase?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Are you kidding me. Whether legally born American or not, that man has maple syrup in his veins and has a clear advantage being naturally born on Canadian soil

Haha! America is about to get commanded by a colonist. Too good!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

I have thought about it but I seem to be about $1 billion short of what it would take to win. Now, if I could get away with opening a can of whoopass in order to narrow the field...I might only need $500 million to win.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Natural born citizen has no legal definition so until the courts provide a definition and say he doesn't meet it, then yes. More than likely if his campaign gets any momentum the Supreme Court will rule if he is or isn't as they've done in the past, but they'll probably sidestep the issue of defining the term again.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Looks like the republicans got 2016 in a bag.

/ultrasarcasm

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I posted this in the thread that got closed.

I guess the question would be centered around whether or not Ted Cruz did or did not have to be officially "naturalized", in which case there should be a paper trail, or if his citizenship was automatically bestowed on him by the American government upon his birth.

However, it's my understanding that Cruz was bestowed with dual Canadian and and US citizenship upon his birth. I wonder if he also had Cuban citizenship?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was an interesting reply by soficrow:

I was born in the USA so I'm American by birth, but my daughter was born in Canada. I moved back to the US when she was 5 years old and tried to get her citizenship recognized. Ended up spending thousands of dollars for nothing - she's still not recognized as American by right of birth abroad or anything else.

TerryMaguire makes a good case above. While I suspect Terry might be right about Cruz testing the waters for talking points, I think there's a bigger issue on the table here.

Canada and the USA -and Mexico- for that matter are bound at the hip with NAFTA - and I suspect our corporate rulers would like to "simplify" all our elections. And thus, their rule.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join