It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Saucer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I found this articlewww.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That thing is freaking badass! I hope it works, that could be a really amazing advancement in the field of aviation and aeronautics! That having been said... this is your whole thread?
edit on Cpm9Saturday3720151531Sat, 21 Mar 2015 21:37:15 -05002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eris deliver me from autocorrect

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I`ll take a SWAG and say the technology has already been flying around for some time and now its making its way into the "greyish white" world.

Very interesting read.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

His design concept is unique, but actually the principle is not new. You can find such "ion lifters" on You Tube where they have been for years. Somewhere in my files I have a article and pics of a version an ion lifter made from wire coathangers. popular Science magazine had a build party for their staff to each build their own. Several gents spend an evening bending, spray painting and "flying" their creations once they got the concept in mind. Their devices "flew" from converted current from a wall socket. The devices lifted nothing but themselves, but they did prove the concept.

More recently models on You Tube are DIY constructions that utilize sheets of foil and are more efficient with less power.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

So, is this basically like that Dyson fan? They've shaped into a circle, made it extremely light and it propels itself around by directing the electrical current to manipulate air flow? Badass...

Too bad there's no power source, yet. That could add considerable weight.

The biggest hurdle to building a WEAV large enough to carry passengers would be making the craft light, yet powerful enough to lift its cargo and energy source. Roy is not sure what kind of energy source he will use yet. He anticipates that the craft's body will be made from a material that is an insulator such as ceramic, which is light and a good conductor of electricity.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Looks cool. Heres some more info on it

the patent for it
cpdlt.mae.ufl.edu...

the grant for it
dtic.mil...

Well pretty much everything on it reports and news
cpdlt.mae.ufl.edu...
edit on 21-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm thinking a shot across the BOW in the curent money war.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

That pink ball represents all of Earths "air" that is contained within it's atmosphere. Could the engine compensate for the lack of air at higher altitudes?

Mount Everest just pokes out of the last part of Earths consistently thick atmospheric density at 8km, so consider that as a reference on where it's efficiency takes a severe drop. Either it will never fly that high or this thing would have to adjust to a thinning atmosphere the higher it goes.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

That may be, but of course you realize there are still a ton of applications for it below the 35,000 foot elevation.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well not only have they built what looks like a classic disc.
They have built a flying saucer that works
on the principles theorized about how non human
Flying Saucers are propelled.
oh yeah and it works...

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck
I'd say Wright Patterson copied themselves a duck.

great find op
edit on 22-3-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: engrish

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

He anticipates that the craft's body will be made from a material that is an insulator such as ceramic, which is light and a good conductor of electricity.

I read this twice just to be sure. ... insulators, by definition, are NOT 'good conductors of electricity'.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Good spot- I wonder if they are eluding to the increasing numbers of materials that can conduct as well as insulate depending upon how you stimualte them.
Vanadium Dioxide switches instantaneously from a conductor to an insulator depending upon how you stimulate it (for example stimulus could be temp change, light etc).

I'm sure I also read recently ( will try and provide a link later) about materials witht different controllable facets so different areas of the same material can exhibit multiple properties.

Electrohydrodynamics ( or should it be magentohydrodynamics?) has been around in the open since the 20s so a materials breakthrough could have spawned some interesting outputs.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Tesla has ideas for a flying electric craft but the public I am not aware of ever got to see a blueprint which I no doubt Telsa had. Im wondering if this is just a case its the right time to roll out one of Telsas ideas. The man was so far ahead of him time.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Interesting that this guy is talking about building a flying saucer that would operate on principles that have been hypothesized to be behind the flight and appearance characteristics described in actual UFO reports.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Maybe he had German ancestry...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Interesting to read that It can do currently impossible manoeuvres ,gives a bit of weight to the idea that flying saucers are time travellers.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I found this articlewww.scientificamerican.com...

Its already been perfected. Black triangles. but this is a good step to disclosing them.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

He anticipates that the craft's body will be made from a material that is an insulator such as ceramic, which is light and a good conductor of electricity.

I read this twice just to be sure. ... insulators, by definition, are NOT 'good conductors of electricity'.

I'm imagining this looking like two pasta strainers glue together. The outer shell is an insulator, ESPECIALLY if this were going to be an "all weather" craft. Otherwise, it would act as one big lightning rod. The perforation in the pasta strainer shell are where the ionized current would emanate from.

Just speculating.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Graphenes maybe?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Graphenes maybe?

Exactly what I was thinking..3D printing is heavily pushing for Graphene and embedded circuitry tech.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join