It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit alleges teachers forced 6 yr old students to fight each other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Teachers would leave classrooms and have students "jump" classmate to dish out discipline

In their federal lawsuit, the parents accuse teachers in the school of forcing their 6-year-old sons to beat up other students as a means of discipline throughout the 2009 school year.

The suit alleges that if a child misbehaved, select teachers would step out of the classroom and force another student to "jump" the student.

"If the kids didn't fight, then the teachers would hit them," said Corbin.

Is this who we have teaching our kids now? Essentially football coaches disguised as teachers? Apparently a lot of these kids are now violent and in therapy to get them back to being the non-violent kids they were BEFORE they went into this school. Absolutely ridiculous! If this is the atmosphere of that school, I can't blame the parents being completely ticked off. I know I would be flying off the handle at almost every administrator I'd be coming across. I feel for these kids. How dare these jerks try and turn them into the monsters they were!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The effects of the lame education that teachers have been getting is manifesting.

The college systems have been failing for decades.

I wonder if student loan debt has an impact of today's teachers?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The effects of the lame education that teachers have been getting is manifesting.

Who's to say. I still have student debt from the 90's that because I'm disabled, I cannot work, therefore cannot pay, and now government is telling people they can go after SSI to pay it off. Doctors are afraid of losing their medical license to write the papers to help people discharge the loan, even when it's valid. I had 3 doctors refuse to fill the paper out for fear of losing their license and having the government come after them. It's messed up when they tell students to go to your doctor, yet at the same time, they threaten those very same doctors.

Edit: 1990 my loan total was $14,000, my father paid off $5,000 that he was cosigned to as a wedding present. Meaning I would owe $9,000. That 9,000 is now $27,000 thanks to Interest and collection fees.
edit on 3/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Before I clicked on the link, I said to myself "Lemme guess... Texas". Yep, it's in Texas.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Before I clicked on the link, I said to myself "Lemme guess... Texas". Yep, it's in Texas.

I wonder if the teachers are from Texas, or went to college in Texas.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

A person doesn't force kids into jumping one another because their college didn't teach them not to do that. No college has ever had a course on "The Do's and Don'ts of Adolescent Gladiator Fights". A person does that because they are twisted and a bit evil.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I hope not. Texas doesn't need any more things like this to further the stereotype. It would be nice to find that the teacher went to school in San Francisco or something.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I wouldn't take them to court if it was my kids.

I wouldn't have the presence of mind to be so calm. Mess with my family and I lose my mind.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
the kids broke the first rule of fight club.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Maybe both.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I wouldn't take them to court if it was my kids.

I wouldn't have the presence of mind to be so calm. Mess with my family and I lose my mind.

I know what you mean. My daughter was bullied badly due to being special needs and the school couldn't give two craps. In fact they even blamed it on HER. Yah, it was the victims own fault for being special needs, she started it. A kid threatened to cut her head off on the bus with a knife, it was her fault for being on the BUS! Yeah I near losing it! I threatened to sue the district, they wrote up her guidance counselor who told them they BETTER find her another bus. Guess why the counselor got wrote up? "Getting too involved in a child's life". No, not a joke. Essentially got written up for doing her job. But my daughter finally got a new bus because they knew I WOULD sue. Oh and my daughter's principal was my ex-Jr High VP. He was a jerk then too. I wasn't surprised by his attitude. At one point he even stated he didn't want that "retard" in his building. So umm, yeah. That's what we got to deal with from K-8. By 9th grade he tried having her removed from my home and going to family court. I told him over my dead flipping body! I immediately took her to autism school for an evaluation and they asked why she wasn't there since K. I said take it up with the school board who claimed they could "handle her". Now the school was royally ticked with me that I went over their heads, because now they had to bus her 3 towns over to a new school. Oh well, "Bite me." was my attitude.

top topics

join