It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 yr old Baptist boy remembers past life as actor and agent in 1920's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
His vast knowledge, vivid recollections, and stunning accurate details are convincing experts the boy has been reincarnated.

He has acted opposite Mae West, tripped the light fantastic on The Great White Way and even partied with Rita Hayworth - and now Ryan is sharing his stories about life during the Golden Age of Hollywood.

The only problem is that Ryan is a 10-year-old boy from Muskogee, Oklahoma who was born to Baptist parents. The amazing life he describes belongs to actor and Hollywood agent Marty Martin.

It all started when the child was 4 when he described his heart exploding. Eventually he described his 5 marriages, his time in Europe, and asked why he died so young at 61. His death certificate has him listed at dying at 59. Come to find out, his birth is listed at 1903, not 1905. There was an error on death certificate. It seems the child was correct. Apparently now as the child ages, he is starting to not remember as many details. I would think this is normal. Maybe a veil lifting? Something.

I find this entire subject so fascinating. I'd love to read more about this child. I'll have to get this doctor's book to see more about this subject.

edit on 3/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I can't say I can go that in depth into my past life but I think I was somewhere from the oriental side I loves me some beef & broccoli.

Great find ! a reply to: Anyafaj

edit on 21-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
I can't say I can go that in depth into my past life but I think I was somewhere from the oriental side I loves me some beef & broccoli.

Great find ! a reply to: Anyafaj

I forgot to add the photo of Marty Martin, so I put that in.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reincarnation is so facinating to me.
it opens up so many possibilities, yet raises so many questions.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
or he is possessed by a demon who had possessed someone else years ago.
The demon is talking through a child
Reincarnation or something else

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This will turn out like the other little boy who "died and came back from heaven," in other words, it's all fake and it's the adults manipulating the boy and his story.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Just curious:

Why did you put this in Paranormal Studies and not one of the religion forums? Reincarnation is a spiritual concept, almost universally associated with various denominations of Buddhism and "Hindu"-ism (and hell, I'll even throw in Gnostic Christianity).

This isn't about a "ghost", after all, or a disembodied voice from the past caught on analog. This is about one soul living as two (at least) human beings, and the implications the knowledge of that has for us.

It always strikes me as a little funny (absurd) how our positivist society is attempting to hijack and secularize aspects of Eastern religious concepts. They're afraid to talk about it in a religious context because they want to destroy religion, and discussing it in such a manner would require an admission (or concession) they're not willing to make.

I dunno. Maybe that wasn't the intent here at all and I'm just reading into things. This story is pretty awesome though.

edit on 3/21/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
This will turn out like the other little boy who "died and came back from heaven," in other words, it's all fake and it's the adults manipulating the boy and his story.

The difference here is that the "heaven" stories help justify their faiths. This is a Baptist family so you would think they would be afraid of getting kicked out of church for insisting upon a reincarnation story.

I mean, book deals are book deals but why wouldn't they just make up a story that fit their religious mythology?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Charlatans, the lot of them. They traded one mythology for another, and chances are they concern themselves with trying to understand either. Randi used to pick cases like these apart with ease, and every time one was presented that was the real deal, it would fall apart under scrutiny.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Possible, then again, who knows. The family would have to have researched Marty Martin extensively because this kid apparently knew things that were so obscure the therapist had to go researching to find details about it. Not to mention the actor/agent was obscure in himself.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Just curious:

Why did you put this in Paranormal Studies and not one of the religion forums? Reincarnation is a spiritual concept, almost universally associated with various denominations of Buddhism and "Hindu"-ism (and hell, I'll even throw in Gnostic Christianity).

This isn't about a "ghost", after all, or a disembodied voice from the past caught on analog. This is about one soul living as two (at least) human beings, and the implications the knowledge of that has for us.

It always strikes me as a little funny (absurd) how our positivist society is attempting to hijack and secularize aspects of Eastern religious concepts. They're afraid to talk about it in a religious context because they want to destroy religion, and discussing it such a manner would require an admission (or concession) they're not willing to make.

I dunno. Maybe that wasn't the intent here at all and I'm just reading into things. This story is pretty awesome though.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was a religious concept. Consider it more out of ignorance and not contempt.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I am very interested and very skeptical of this subject.

It seems like every time someone has vivid recollections they are always someone of importance. That is what makes it all very suspicious in my mind. Important people are easier to research for those wishing to run a con.

I am not claiming this is a con I am just stating my concerns and why.

I am not religious nor am I spiritual bu I have been both before. Religious very briefly due to some out of the ordinary circumstances but spiritual for a good portion of my life. Even though, I am neither now at this point in life, contrary to what some believe about those that lack belief I welcome evidence to the contrary and would prefer to be proven wrong. I seem to lack any type of faith.

The boy being able to recollect an age is something it just isn't something I find strong enough to not be pre-researched.

I watched that movie I-origins and wish there was something substantial like that, though I know that is setting a very high bar so I would settle for something like the boy remembering where he hid something in a previous life to where they could go find it.

I will state I do not believe in demons of any kind. I am just saying that because some religions would have you believe that is the explanation for his memories.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Or maybe we only hear about the famous ones because they can be researched when the kid starts claiming things?

Meaning......I can't find any information beyond my grandparents grandparents. And I only know a little about them from spoken word by my grandparents themselves. Is it really that easy to find information on the infinite amount of people whom have lived?
edit on 21-3-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Yes that's a good point. How did they know about the birth/death certificate mistake?

I can't say if this is genuine reincarnation (like another poster mentioned the possibility of demonic possession, since we are dealing with the unknown i think we must at least consider that as a possibility...), but I do not believe they are lying. Could even be that the ghost of this man somehow shared a body with this child.

I've also heard that multiple people can have memories of the same past life because our souls grow and split off like branches on one great tree of souls. So, after someone dies, the branch that their soul existed on continues to grow, sprouting new souls who become people who may have memories of the previous life because they came from the same "family tree/branch of souls". I don't know if I'm explaining it properly, but its all speculation anyway until we experience it for ourselves or perhaps we will gain that knowledge after we die. Who knows?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Or maybe we only hear about the famous ones because they can be researched when the kid starts claiming things?

That is possible however as I said it seems that everyone I hear about were famous people.

I already said I seem to lack faith of any kind that also goes for having faith that other instances occur that we do not hear about.

Still face the same dilemmas with that scenario.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: durp

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm the son of a sea cook.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Sorry, I didn't realize it was a religious concept. Consider it more out of ignorance and not contempt.

I didn't mean it like that. I don't think it's ignorance or contempt. I think there's just been a concerted effort to take religion down to the same level as "ghost stuff", and they're programming us to think that way--to make it an automatic association.

But back to the OP, and specifically "the veil". It's a mystery why we can't remember anything before our ego is developed. Our minds exist in a state of "I-lessness" which, I believe, is conducive to higher states of consciousness (ego-nullification is one of the main effects/aims of the meditation practices of the aforementioned religions). But as the ego grows stronger and stronger, this "door" is slowly closed. The veil is dropped when the sense of "I" becomes so overwhelmingly powerful that it nearly shuts the door entirely (and in many cases it does completely).

Then we spend the rest of our lives trying to open the door that we shut on ourselves (or was shut on us, one could argue). Unlearning what we've learned...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I am very interested and very skeptical of this subject.

It seems like every time someone has vivid recollections they are always someone of importance. That is what makes it all very suspicious in my mind. Important people are easier to research for those wishing to run a con.

I am not claiming this is a con I am just stating my concerns and why.

I am not religious nor am I spiritual bu I have been both before. Religious very briefly due to some out of the ordinary circumstances but spiritual for a good portion of my life. Even though, I am neither now at this point in life, contrary to what some believe about those that lack belief I welcome evidence to the contrary and would prefer to be proven wrong. I seem to lack any type of faith.

The boy being able to recollect an age is something it just isn't something I find strong enough to not be pre-researched.

I watched that movie I-origins and wish there was something substantial like that, though I know that is setting a very high bar so I would settle for something like the boy remembering where he hid something in a previous life to where they could go find it.

I will state I do not believe in demons of any kind. I am just saying that because some religions would have you believe that is the explanation for his memories.

I would not be surprised if that is the Baptist religion's explanation. Demons. I used to go to a Baptist church a looong time ago on Sundays. I've been baptized twice. Once at birth as a Catholic, and once again at a Baptist church, though I consider myself non-denominational.

I find the subject fascinating in general. Some people say there are instances in the Bible, but some verses are hard for me to understand unless it's New American translation. Essentially the English we speak now. If it's written in the King's English, it can be a bit hard to understand after awhile, that is unless Leonardo DiCaprio is speaking it in a Baz Lurman production. LOL

I find it even more fascinating that if this is true, this child has had memories from the age of 4 to now, and now the memories are disappearing.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yes, it could be that there are other cases that we don't hear about just because it isn't a famous person who can be easily verified to have existed, so the parents just dismiss it as nonsense. How many people actually take their childs utterings seriously? Especially after knowing how much crap they filled their childs head with by using the TV as a babysitter...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Or you're totally wrong and reincarnation is real.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join