It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Troops/Warships in Peru - Peruvian Congress Approval

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: MrSpad

Yep, as I said. At least that is what he said. Of course the reality of the world leaves no other option for protection. The 3 major powers of South America, Columbia. Brazil and Chile are moving closer and closer to the US. With Cuba and the US mending ties the entire Carribean will US allies. Only Nicaragua is not allied to the US and even it wants friendly ties. The only opposition is Venezula a now failing state and dirt poor nations like Bolivia. Europe, Africa, India and most of the middle east and Asia are also in the US camp. Russia is weak, poor and isolated. China has money but, has no interest in the world beyond Asia expect for trade.

So what is this guy going to do? You push away the US and hope nobody messes with you and ruin future trade deals. The only people not in the US camp either are not interested or to weak to help themselves. And one of the main complaints Latin America has with the US was the santions on Cuba. With Cuba and the US coming together it takes the wind out of a lot of sails.

As much as we are working with Cuba, Cuba is backing Venezuela right now.

In page 3 of the Venezuela Thread, I posted an article about Cuba's Support.

Cuba is not going to just stop doing what it has been doing. Things like that are all a part of the cards you briing to the table when in talks. Just as the US is not going hand a Cuba aide checks for free. They will cut deals, if Cuba does this then US will do this etc.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Zaphod58

… we're only out to rule the world …

Yes.

Prove it, scuttle all the carriers, close the bases, bring the troops home.

Its not our world to occupy exclusively.

You know that would be a great way to spark a global arms race and a bunch of wars. The US could sell arms and make a bunch of money. Just because the last two times we did that it ended up leading to two world wars I am sure the third time would be the charm. You do not live in the most peaceful time in human history because the World is peace loving.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: intrptr

… we're only out to rule the world …

Yes.

Prove it, scuttle all the carriers, close the bases, bring the troops home.

Its not our world to occupy exclusively.

You know that would be a great way to spark a global arms race and a bunch of wars. The US could sell arms and make a bunch of money. Just because the last two times we did that it ended up leading to two world wars I am sure the third time would be the charm. You do not live in the most peaceful time in human history because the World is peace loving.

Does this mean Obummer is destabalizing the world by scuttling the military?? Say it ain't so.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Unforseen reasons such as a natural disaster. They don't have to wait for a request to send ships down to assist after say an earthquake.

That is laughable

Yeah US starts and maintains military bases around the world in order to be there to help in case of natural disasters

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Trueman

It's called preparation. If you put the provision in place BEFORE a visit, it's already there and you don't lose time if something does happen.

Can you call it "preparation"? ...yes, but not for natural disasters. As I wrote in my previous reply to you, there is a complete description of what they are planning to do. That description is part of the document approved by the Congress of Peru.

Let's check together the first on the list for example:

As it reads : "Entrenamiento de Operaciones Especiales con el CIOEC". (Trainning of Special Operations with CIOEC).

CIOEC means "Comando de Inteligencia y Operaciones Especiales Conjuntas" (Intelligence Command and Joint Special Operations".

Then, there is a list of the equipment used for that event : Machine guns, mortars, shotguns and sniper rifles are on that list.

And that's just one of the total of 18 events, you must check the others too. The United States is not the only country taking part in the events. Also Colombia, Chile and Brazil will participate in other events.

There is one event for September 1 with the participation of the USS George Washington, just read the list of weapons to be used on that practice. Those listed there are MISSILES my friend, and you know that better than me.

At this point, "natural disaster preparedness" is 100% ruled out.

edit on 22-3-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

And the entire world will suddenly sing khumbaya, there will be world peace, we'll put all out resources into space and become super advanced, right?

You think arming foreign governments will lead to a better peace… I don't see much peace breaking out, just war.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

So wait, first you say UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES then you say ab unforseen natural disaster is ruled out m

How the hell do you rule out something UNFORSEEN.

Oh right, you WANT it to be war with Venezuela so you can say how war mongering the US is. Got it.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Where did I say anything about arming foreign governments? But according to you the US seems to be the only one causing all the problems in the world, and everyone else is pacifist.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You know that would be a great way to spark a global arms race and a bunch of wars.

Thats what we have now, an arms race and numerous US sponsored conflicts.

The US could sell arms and make a bunch of money.

More than we do already ?
edit on 22-3-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

So wait, first you say UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES then you say ab unforseen natural disaster is ruled out m

How the hell do you rule out something UNFORSEEN.

Oh right, you WANT it to be war with Venezuela so you can say how war mongering the US is. Got it.

- I didn't say Unforseen Circumstances. The Congressional Approval said that.

- Unforseen Circumtances doesn't mean natural disasters anyway.

- Natural disaster is 100% ruled out as the reason for the "visits", the reason for their visits are well described as you can read it.

Come on man, you know you can't win this one

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Where did I say anything about arming foreign governments?

"Joint" Operations, a gentle euphemism. It appears in most military jargon.

But according to you the US seems to be the only one causing all the problems in the world, and everyone else is pacifist.

Yes, they are… mostly.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Do you even understand what UNFORSEEN means? Something you didn't see coming. So you're saying that Peru schedules their natural disasters?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Joint. Which means WORKING WITH. Not arming.

So if we just get rid of the US all will be well and no one will give a damn about resources or anything else anymore.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Do you even understand what UNFORSEEN means? Something you didn't see coming. So you're saying that Peru schedules their natural disasters?

You are known in ATS as a sort of guru in weapons and military stuff. Now, explain to me WTF you gonna do with sniper rifles and missiles in a natural disaster.

Maybe shooting the Nazca Plate?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Do you think warships that respond to natural disasters remove all their weapons first?

The troops can do search and rescue. The ships have helicopters. The carrier has cargo planes on board as well as the ability to produce thousands of gallons of fresh water a day that can be flown in from just off shore.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Do you think warships that respond to natural disasters remove all their weapons first?

I got it. They can see the future and predict the natural disasters all over the World. Then they bring the ships to the port to use them as a shield in case of tsunami.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

So you find out you're wrong and go to sarcasm. Got it.

A warship that is on deployment when a disaster happens isn't going to pull into port somewhere to offload weapons before responding. They're going to go straight to the scene and launch search and rescue operations and cargo moving with they're helicopters.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Joint. Which means WORKING WITH. Not arming.

The two are synonymous.

Kind of a quandary, huh? If you say "Joint" exercise, it implies working with (training and arming) but must exclude occupation which follows on "stationing".

"US and Peruvian Military engaged in Joint exercises this week with US forces stationed in Peru."

Innocuous language, really means we invaded Peru, too.
edit on 22-3-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Oh right, I forgot that according to you troops never get invited in, they only invade and occupy. There's no such thing as a treaty between two nations.

Or is that no such thing as a treaty between the US and another nation?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

So you find out you're wrong and go to sarcasm. Got it.

A warship that is on deployment when a disaster happens isn't going to pull into port somewhere to offload weapons before responding. They're going to go straight to the scene and launch search and rescue operations and cargo moving with they're helicopters.

I'm not wrong. You are the only one who believe that theory. I gave all the links and official information and debunked 100% your theory. Man, all ATS is reading it.

I've been in Peru for years and also went thru big eartquakes and other natural disasters when I was there. In the worst case, never needed more help than the one given by the national authorities. The authority for natural disasters in Peru is "Defensa Civil", translated it means "Civilian Defense", NO MILITARY NO NAVY.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join