It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff & Entire Board of Commissioners Admit to Breaking Federal & State Laws (On Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Greetings , I Would have liked to post this in posse comitatus,However i don't have Access to post this their at this time . Maybe a Mod can move it to the proper Forum ?

I came across this video on the internet and it really confirmed my suspicion . You know you always here people say towards the end of the month

"watch out for the sheriff or police they have to hit their monthly quotas" . Apparently this is true ! Well at least in Michigan , Also I feel this true throughout the US a Numbers game and racket no doubt .

Video has emerged showing a Newaygo County Sheriff deputy admitting his department breaks federal and state laws.

Each Newaygo County Board of Commissioners meeting is recorded as a matter of record. The videos of the commissioners’ meetings are public domain.

In the video, recorded in January, the Newaygo deputy knowingly admits to breaking federal and state laws that prohibit quota policies in police departments. Not only does he admit to breaking the law, but after he does so, the entire board of commissioners votes to enact his measure of breaking the law.

According to the Michigan Vehicle Code, it is against the law to enact a quota system. Michigan Vehicle Code, MCL 257.750 lays out the legality of ticket quotas quite clearly:

(1) A police officer shall not be required to issue a predetermined or specified number of citations for violations of this act or of local ordinances substantially corresponding to provisions of this act, including parking or standing violations. A police officer’s performance evaluation system shall not require a predetermined or specified number of citations to be issued.

The deputy starts out his proposed measure by stating that he knows he breaks the law, but he doesn’t care.

“I’m a numbers guy so I know you’re not allowed to do it by federal law and by state law. But I do put stipulations on the numbers I want to see by the end of their shift,” says the deputy.

In short, if the officers don’t collect a certain amount of revenue for the state, they are then punished by not being able to work overtime, a de facto violation of the above code.

Link
edit on 21-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
And not a single one will be behind bars....sad but it could be very true. I will stay on this thread to see how this turns out. I hope they all go behind bars and get butt hurt.

Regards,

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

This info was posted a while back.

If memory serves he was removed from the position of handing out assignments and no further action was made.

Buisness as usual they just put a different person in charge of it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If memory serves he was removed from the position of handing out assignments and no further action was made.

interesting can you find me a source please ! I would really like to read more into this .

Thanks for your reply !

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

But I do put stipulations on the numbers I want to see by the end of their shift,” says the deputy.

Well thats okay then. As long as he doesn't order his men to do it, he isn't breaking the law.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

"But this privilege requires that you have made at least 500 posts in other threads in order to create new topics here."

This is the reason you can"t create a thread in posse comitatus. Don't worry, I cant either

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

But I do put stipulations on the numbers I want to see by the end of their shift,” says the deputy.

Well thats okay then. As long as he doesn't order his men to do it, he isn't breaking the law.

stip·u·la·tion
ˌstipyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
a condition or requirement that is specified or demanded as part of an agreement.

He also states in the video basically that if they don't hit numbers then they get the boot ...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a condition or requirement that is specified or demanded as part of an agreement.

But not a law.

I was being sarcastic.

But failed as usual to say (sarcasm off)…

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: Grimpachi

interesting can you find me a source please ! I would really like to read more into this .

Thanks for your reply !

Sheriff's Lieutenant Disciplined for Telling County Board He Set Ticket Quotas

The lieutenant, who has been employed by the department for more than a decade, will not be allowed to supervise the grant program. His other responsibilities as lieutenant have not changed.

I guess my memory served fairly well. I did an ATS search with the words "Newaygo County" and found the thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

perfect ! thank you !

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

perfect ! thank you !

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was the one who put up that earlier thread. Thanks for giving this more attention.

Newaygo county, they're all a bunch of corrupt jerk wads. I worked for the county and have seen how they do business in the parks system.

So where is Aazadan to tell us quotas are a necessary evil?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Above the law and beneath contempt.

They are completely funded by our taxes already and should not directly benefit from any lawfully collected fines.

Perhaps fines should go into a public defense fund.
edit on 22-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
What a disgrace...policing for profits .....The highway patrol around these parts have a $2000 a day quota they have to up hold....

new topics

top topics

join