It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. pulling last of its Special Operations forces out of Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Sanaa, Yemen (CNN)The U.S. military is in the process of evacuating about 100 Special Operations forces members from the Al Anad airbase in Yemen due to that country's deteriorating security situation, sources in the region familiar with the situation told CNN.

Those being evacuated are the last American troops stationed in the Arab nation, which is home to al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, the terrorist group also known as AQAP. The United States closed its embassy in Sanaa last month, after Houthi rebels took over the Yemeni capital. And hundreds of al Qaeda members escaped two Yemeni prisons Thursday and Friday, raising further security questions.

Looks like Al Qeda and ISIS are gaining a foothold in Yemen. The war on terrorism is such a success so far...

The US spends $250,000 a minuted on the war on terrorism in the Middle East alone. Money well spent...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't know, seems to me that the "war on terror" is going swimmingly. Therefore technical the money is well spent. I mean you needn't look past the war on drugs to get an idea of the expected general outcome. Seeing how government pays itself handsomely from privatized prisons, fines, property siezures and the traficking of narcotics via the CIA, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this "war" likely runs parallel.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Correct. For those who are making money off these failed campaigns its a big win and a big loss for everyone else.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Humm! Sounds like the plan is working. Withdraw strategically and let the Middle East reduce itself to cave life now that the need for their oil has dwindled. That is one way to take care of the barbarism that is a hindrance toward a smoother application of the NWO. A self-made holocaust. It shifts the blame in so many ways and saves the West, NATO, etc. a lot of expense in lives and materials. The pieces of what's left will be picked up later to create a more suitable, moderate region (religion).

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The US spends $250,000 a minuted on the war on terrorism in the Middle East alone. Money well spent...

lol, So whats the solution my dear deluded friend? Surely ignoring the threat of radical religion has not worked in the past right? Do you think a 100 guys constitutes a war? Really? Such limited thinking will never full comprehend global realities. Your issue is that hard power doesn't work? What were the 100 guys doing at the air base?

This is a religious war. I want to see how all the Progressive hand wringers like it when those that dare win. How do you reason with people that beat and burn people on a whim. I really don't understand how you can look at the horror going all around the middle east and blame the US. You have got a lefty president, who is doing everything he can NOT to do anything. Its a minimalist approach. This is what you get when you pull back and do the minimum. You get Those That Dare kicking the little people in the teeth. Why don't you go to Yemen and try to talk to the other side. Try and understand them. See how far that gets you. Now go to the 100 US troops and talk to them. Who do you think will cut your head off? Who is more reasonable? Really, its just naivety showing. I don't get it.

What would you like to see the US do now? What is the solution in your eyes to tyrannical religious fervor sweeping the ME?

V

V

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Hey Swills hope your well, If you have the time (I mean like 3 hours) to invest I really really really think that you would get a god awful amount out of this information.

War is a rich mans game

I know it is guised as a documentary about JFK but it is not about JFK as much as it is about how we got to the war on terror it is mind bending.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't know how much of this to believe !

My girlfriend is from Yemen Particularly Sanaa . Her parents live their currently and she says life is Normal in Yemen .

Other than random Sectarian Violence and Drone strikes .....

She has not hear about any extreme groups taking over ?

She speaks with her folks once every two days or so .....

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Terrorist attacks did happen and the U.S. embassy was evacuated. Ive searched some Yemen english news sites and so far I haven't found any reports of Al Qaeda attacking an air base but that doesn't mean it's not true.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

If it has anything to do with the military industrial complex, big biz, & the U.S. gov making money off war, well many of us are aware. I'll give it a look when I have time though.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Its more about people that sit outside the government that make big bucks it names names front companies etc etc along with verifiable information, it is a plethora of damning information and crimes certain people will never be convicted of, some things like austwitz being built by america and early nazi trucks being made by ford motor company etc etc

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The USA will send forces in to help stir the pot, but the second that the "security situation deteriorates" they will pull those troops.

They're pulling out of Afghanistan for similar reasons, and because the Government wants to hold US troops to Afghani law which isn't acceptable for the USA.

The USA have an annual military expenditure around $600 billion, but have NEVER successfully repelled an attack on the United States. The idea of "American excepionalism" especially when it comes to the military, is a complete myth.

Also, the famous line "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going" comes to mind. Thanks, Billy Ocean.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The Americans will pull troops, but they'll never close their base in Yemen entirely.

The American military has never pulled out completely from any country where they've established a military base.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Vietnam?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Kapusta

Terrorist attacks did happen and the U.S. embassy was evacuated. Ive searched some Yemen english news sites and so far I haven't found any reports of Al Qaeda attacking an air base but that doesn't mean it's not true.

Well, I am submitting first hand testimony from people who live in the city . I can only go by what she is telling me and thus far she has not heard anything about this or Al Qaeda taking over the capital.

Understand that Most Yemeni people are Ikwan Muslimeen ( Muslim brotherhood) and the Majority are against Al Qaeda ..

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yemen is not a place to go to on your honeymoon!

top topics

join