It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

570-Pound Man Commits to Finishing a 5K Per Month in 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This guy is a big inspiration!

Deciding to be more healthy this year, he decided to cut soda out of his diet and go on daily walks.

His marathon sister convinced him to sign up for a 5k. He pushed the envelope a little further and decided to sign up for one each month.

“I decided that, starting in March, I would do at least one 5K each month for the rest of the year,” Mitchell, 34, told Runner's World Newswire. “I’ve already been talked into two in May. I want to try and lose five minutes off of each one, but at this point, I just want to finish.”

“By the end of the year, I'll have finished 11 5Ks, which, just thinking about [the fact that] I'll have walked 55 kilometers is a little daunting. But I'm looking forward to it.”

Mitchell said he wants to shed at least 250 pounds along the way.

I really enjoy stories like this because it's about people who decide to take their lives, health, finances, etc. as there own responsibility and not to look for others as the answer. I hope he is able to reach his goal!

Story

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

I like seeing people doing a little at a time and not just jumping right into a unrealistic scenario.
So many times I hear people saying they joined a gym, got protein powder, and then after a month give up.
Start small, make a monthly goal!
Always time to change your life, you just need to be willing to spend the time.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well it's not like he's got a #ing job to go to at 570lbs is it, a fat # living off our tax money on disability. I hope the fat # drops dead. Here's a little hint for those of you who aren't too bright either: People who allow themselves to reach 570lbs are generally not known for being diligent or commited. pffft. next...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carlosdanger

'Mitchell, who is a regional support technician for Cabela’s'

Read much?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Please don't just write off heavy people as being fat and lazy.

en.m.wikipedia.org...(strongman)

434 pounds.

(unable to link properly due to having a blasted kindle)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carlosdanger
Well it's not like he's got a #ing job to go to at 570lbs is it, a fat # living off our tax money on disability. I hope the fat # drops dead. Here's a little hint for those of you who aren't too bright either: People who allow themselves to reach 570lbs are generally not known for being diligent or commited. pffft. next...

Well, aren't you a bright ray of sunshine?
Your cuss words were filtered but I see them in
this quote. You're not gonna last long here with
those filthy words and bad attitude.

I give the guy credit for trying to lose the weight.
It's never too late to get on the track to being healthy.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
This guy is a big inspiration!

I see what you did there.

👣

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The sad thing is I knew at least someone on ATS would be so cynical as to shoot down this story. I'm glad so many have come to his defense.

Let's stop putting others down because of their faults and focus more on helping them that are wanting to make a change in their lives to be better.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Mod Edit
edit on 3/24/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Mod Edit
edit on 3/24/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just a heads-up, please nobody click on the link artz1304 is attaching to his posts. They are linking it to all their messages no matter what the topic of the thread is.

edit: Thanks mods
edit on PMTue, 24 Mar 2015 16:20:02 -050032015Tuesday2422015315 by ArnoldNonymous because: msg to mods

join