It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how does the link icon work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
At the top of every post there are several icons to choose including reply, quote, and a picture of a thumb tack that says link. How does that work? I wanted to include a post from another thread in a reply I made but it didn't indicate how I include the link in my post. I can copy and paste but it's a chore on an on screen keyboard of a kindle.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I will include in this post (target post) the link of this other post (source post) of mine: www.abovetopsecret.com... , and that is how I do it:

-I click "link" on the source post I want to copy (the one in there: www.abovetopsecret.com...)

-I copy the url address

-I go to here, the target post

-I paste the url address in here, the target post.

edit on 21-3-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Ok I'm going to try it now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I thought it would paste the content of the post not a link. But I guess it's right there in the name "link" LOL
THANK YOU.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

I thought it would paste the content of the post not a link.

To paste the content, all you have to do is select the text of your source post, paste it in here in your target post, and surround the pasted text with "ex" and "/ex" tags.

See my example below (quote me to see how I've done it):

Actually this was my first thought too, but further studying of Einstein's Minkowski spaces show that when we go back in time, we stay in the same "universe". But... I checked the geometrical aspect of space, and your suggestion could indeed work if the Universe had one more time dimension. The good news is, I cannot falsify your theory, because we don't know if the universe has one or more time dimension - we are only assuming it has only one because that is what fits best Occam's Razor.

original post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
That's the part thats so hard on a kindle. I have to drag my fingers across the screen and then it either stops short of where I want or copies the entire page.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
How about this?

It provides a link to your post that you can read without having to copy and paste the text, you can just click to read:

swanne

That's done using the "reply" option, so there are several options available.

edit on 21-3-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Yeah, I got the same issue.

It takes supra-human skill to select stuff on an Android.

You can always select all, copy, and delete the unwanted parts after you pasted.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Hm, nice indeed
The message appears in a clean lightbox, and all one has to do is copy a link.

I wish I could star you... Never knew that trick.

Though if I am not mistaking, I believe the OP is searching for a way to embed the message (not just the link) inside his (or her) post... From OP:

I wanted to include a post from another thread in a reply I made

edit on 21-3-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Right, but I thought I might mention that since it's an option AutumnWitch657 may not have considered which accomplishes something very similar, without the clutter of having the text embedded, as it can still be read without leaving the post to go to the other link.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Good point indeed

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

That's because the same dragging motion will enlarge the text. So you either get more selected than you want or you don't select anything you just make the text so large you can only read one sentence at a time lol

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yes thanks I'm going to use that now. Just sometimes I want to embed text and its an exercise in patients.a reply to: Arbitrageur

top topics

join