It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time lurker turns to first time poster!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Good morning, evening, or whatever applies to you!

Where to begin? It's been a while since I've participated in online discussions, ATS has provided some fantastic reading material over the last 6 months, and YouTube has provided pure comedy with its infamous comment section. So I feel now is as good a time as any to jump in!

I'm a male human, in my mid twenties, living in the "sunny" UK. I have spent some recent years of my recent life feeling a bit lost at sea, with many questions, and few answers. I can consider myself lucky in many respects, but yet that doesn't stop me feeling like something better is around the corner. I guess the optimist in me isn't dead, despite many personal challenges.

I lost a parent as i entered my teens, and whilst i believe it didn't affect me negatively, looking back at school, things were worse than i would ever have admitted at the time, but ultimately I had to stick it out as I live with the belief that "tomorrow is a new day,and tomorrow could be the best day of your life". I have struggled watching my father battle alcohol, cancer and various medical conditions. He should have died countless times before and since I was born, but he's a hard barsteward, and certainly doesn't know the meaning of giving up.
I was lucky to be in a good school with good friends when I was a teen, by the time I was 15 I had almost forgotten the pain of the previous few years and was beginning to enjoy life again, good friends, a little bit of cash to play with, (and a few beers
) Life felt good, until the last part of my teen years came; When the recession started I had just left my previous, stable part time job to begin potentially my dream career. To cut a long story short eventually it fell through and I was out of work, and struggled on and off, in and out of work for about 3 years. What a change to life, I became socially withdrawn, each job rejection knocked my confidence, despite my best efforts, I felt as though I'd made countless mistakes and started to dwell on my situation, "WOE IS ME!" LOL.
I'm in a good place now, I have a full time job, and consistency in my finances for the first time in years, my relationships with people closest to me are on the mend and I still have some old friends who are still just as i remember, 2015 is going to be my year. (Sorry if you thought 2015 was going to be your year, but... it's mine now
)

I realised the hard way that you need to grab life by the balls to get anything out of it, but that wont stop the shizz from hitting the fan every so often, you just have to keep on truckin' through it.

Why did I join ATS? Well I've always had a feeling there is more to life than meets the eye, there's a treasure-trove of info to be discovered, some excellent minds to probe, and interesting theories to be discussed.
I'm interested in politics, both world and local, the military, cars and technology (obviously, 99% of my generation is I think)

Recent events that have interested me include 9/11 and all that came with it, the infamous 2008 crash, MH370, the rise of UKIP, MH17 and the Ukraine situation, plus much, much more!
I'm interested in space exploration and the study of our own home, and feel we have so much to learn, and that some (govts) know more than we are ever allowed to know as mere "people" with regards to energy, technology, surveillance medicine etc.

At the risk of rambling, I'll pretty much leave it there, but I look forward to getting in the mix.
I probably won't post much, "I like to watch.." But who knows?

Catch ya later!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Welcome to the asylum!

eta: it's a little slow this time of the day. Don't think you're being ignored...it's just the rhythm of the place.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Thank you, you're all mad here, right?

I'm still very slow at the moment. Only just getting a tea down my neck!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Burk0

G'day Burk0,

Much the same meself. Read a lot and occasionally put my 2 bits worth in. Welcome and I'm sure you'll contribute some constructive meh's or ahems.

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Some one say Beer.. Tea?
Ahhh... Welcome and EnJoY!

Takes a bit getting used to round here, but once you get the timing down it's sall goot.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

To save Me some typing as it is still Early in My world, I thought I would copy/paste this here. I hope You don't mind. I wrote it like 4 days ago. Hello and Welcome:

Have a good time while on This Trip,
On The Wild Ride ATS MotherShip.

As Someone has already mentioned Before,
Welcome Aboard the Ship Now Please Close the Door.

We don't want any Trolls coming up the stairs,
Pushing their Hatred and Lies, till you want to pull out Your Hair.

You will Learn so much Here that it will fill You with Pride,
Just Remember Most of all Hey!, "It's Just A Ride!"

Have a good One! Syx.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Welcome! You'll enjoy it here. There are a lot of intelligent people & you'll be able to find a lot of research on the topics you listed. You've probably already noticed, but some debates can get really intense. So don't feel bad if you get caught up in one lol

And don't feel pressured into keeping your opinions to yourself. One of the best parts of forums like this is getting to hear differing perspectives from around the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Thanks everyone. Off to work now, another day another dollar, or so they say!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Welcome aboard. There's some good stuff to be found here, but it's like panning for gold. Sift through the debris and you occasionally find a nugget.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Welcome aboard the Mothership ATS, Pope Burk0!

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Burk0
Thank you, you're all mad here, right?

I'm still very slow at the moment. Only just getting a tea down my neck!

Hello and Welcome!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hii !
Welcome from a fellow lurker/newbie lol! Hopefully catch you on the boards.
Have fun

new topics

top topics

join