It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man slashes TSA worker and is shot 3 times at New Orleans Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

A machete-wielding man was shot at New Orleans airport Friday night after attacking three TSA officials.

Richard White, 63, attacked two security officials with wasp spray then cut a guard with his machete at a security checkpoint in Louis Armstrong International Airport.

He slashed a female TSA officials, wounding her right arm. During the attack he was shot in the chest, the thigh and the face, before being taken to hospital.

Man slashes TSA worker and is shot 3 times at New Orleans Airport

Describing the shooting, he said: 'The law enforcement officer proceeded down the exit line to come around, coming in very close contact to the individual with the machete, and that officer fired three times, hitting the perpetrator once in the left chest, the left facial area and the left thigh, at that point in time.

'There was an innocent bystander who sustained a graze wound to the arm and there were a couple of members of the traveling public, while in the scrambling, while shots were fired, that happened to cut some limbs on some of the furniture there while trying to get away from that particular area.'

The shooting took place in concourse B of the airport at around 8pm.

Very scary. I'm glad they were able to take this guy down before he did more damage than he did! I'm betting it's someone either pissed off or mentally ill before I'll go with a disillusioned terrorist, but that's just an initial assessment.
edit on Sat Mar 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed very long quotes IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Any reasoning behind this disclosed yet? I am surprised they stopped at 3 shots. Normally, the perpetrators would look like Swiss cheese.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Any reasoning behind this disclosed yet? I am surprised they stopped at 3 shots. Normally, the perpetrators would look like Swiss cheese.

Not yet, it seems they're still questioning witnesses and trying to find out what happened and the why's.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
No, our local news says that the man gave one address that he said he lived at, but when they got there nobody had heard of him there. They have no idea why he did this. Other than that they have not said anything more on the news than what is in the article.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Swamp gas.
Honestly that sucks it happened there. That is one of the easiest going terminals in the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Somebody brought a knife to a gun fight.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I don't know why this guy was carrying a machete through an airport, thats just dumb, or controlled.

But you have to question the TSA version of events.

When they say a guard had her arm slashed, that could well be that she accidentally nicked her skin when she was frisking him.

The verdict is still out with me.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Could be a windup that was sent in to invigorate public opinion for the TSA...
edit on 21-3-2015 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
poor poor TSA agents. Let us pray.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Any reasoning behind this disclosed yet?

He had wasp spray. I think he was chasing a wasp infestation. Thought the guards were protecting the wasp nest. It either that or the guy was bat # crazy. One of the two.

V

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable
I imagine he could use the wasp spray as a poor mans pepper spray. Many brands can shoot upwards of 20 ft , foaming on contact, and blinding the target the same as mace.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The guy died today. His family is saying he was Jehovah Witness and was batcrap crazy. They tried to get him to go get help, but that religion is one that doesn't believe in outside help for mental illness. (If I recall from a childhood friend who was raised in the faith by his schizo mother and ran as fast as he could when he reached age of majority.)

Apparently he had quite the number of Molotov cocktails on him, as well as numerous "toys" in his car.

6 Molotovs on him. Smoke bombs, Freon, oxygen, and acetylene in his car,

top topics

join