It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'Prepared" to Fire Nuclear Missile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Can people please stop persecuting the population of North Korea based on the wrong doings of their leaders. They are victims of propoganda, constant tannoy alerts and army drills for "impending attacks" from south korea and the US. They are mass manipulated to the point they genuinely believe that the US are going to attack them like the US are are fed about extremist Muslims. Ignorant comments like that of idope don't help as they are all malnurished and at the point of desperation as a result of its governments inhuman way of allocating resources. Kim is evil...not north korea

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Yeah, but it was still doom worthy.

Every time NK starts to saber rattle I think of that vid,
the doomist in me enjoys it.

The only time I would worry about them throwing a nuke is if they tried to invade South Korea.
Would think the nukes would go off immediately before an invasion.

This though, is just another rattle from their rusty sabers to get attention.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I've said this several times... There is an NK satellite that flies over your head several times a day. This shows that they have the capability to send a warhead on the first half of the journey and if they use a HEMP then it's the whole journey. The satellite could be a HEMP device even. It would disable the electrical grid for months or years across the US. If it's not then it's still proof they can..

And if they can develop the reentry and warhead deployment system then they have the capability for a conventional attack.

You that laugh at them should not be so arrogant.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Well, sometimes it is easiest to laugh and make light of a very bad thing, when it makes you nervous,
especially when there is not much anyone can do about it other than watch and wonder what the heck NK is doing.

Their satellite is kind of a worrisome unknown, I wonder how much is really known inside world Governments about what they launched. There was a lot of doom and gloom/paranoia going around when they launched it about the very thing you just mentioned.

Another worrisome thought about NK is the relationship between them and Russia recently. If there ever was some sort of nuclear exchange with NK it would have to involve Russia or China or both otherwise it is a suicide attack and although I think NK's leader is crazy, I don't think he is crazy enough to do it alone.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

WTF

Everyone seems to concentrate on Iran and beat the war drums who mostly don't have nukes.

Yet North Korea not only have nukes BUT AND FREAKING THREATENING TO USE THEM!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
The threat of nuclear attack is not to be taken lightly.
So far NK has tested a hand full of rather crude nuc's that may or my not detonate with the proper design yield, at the proper altitude or on impact? I would give their first attempt, a one in three chance. The real question is, are they ready to receive, a return volley of proven design that will rain destruction on their little nation. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

No point taking North Korea out in strategic Nuclear attack.

They likely have what? Less than 20 nukes or of less than 50Kt yield which as you said half of which may not even work.

Once they shot them off that's it.

USA could drop a few tactical nukes on North Korean Military positions and then mop up conventionally.

In fact it would be better for North Korea not to use there nukes in a Offensive role. As if the US used a few tactical nukes in the right way they would cripple North Korea military a lot quicker than if they just when in conventionally.

As North Korea don't have the amount of Nukes or yield to trigger MAD or cause any significant strategic destruction a multi megaton strategic response would not be needed.
edit on 21-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I admit that I don't take North Korea seriously. The things they say remind of a child blustering on the playground.

A child with enough WMD's to turn South Korea and possible Japan into a Radioactive and chemical waste land.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: korkythecat

Well what would be the point of any country posessing nuclear warheads if they were not prepared to use them in response to a threat from another nuclear power.

After all the US launched a pre-emptive nuclear attack at the first opportunity, historically. It's only since there is a chance of having one lobbed back at them they have made no further attacks, one could argue.

North Koreas stance is par for the course amongst nuclear nations.

Teh attack on Japan wasnt a pre emptive strike really. We were already at war with them so that defeats the definition of a pre emptive strike right?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
The threat of nuclear attack is not to be taken lightly.
So far NK has tested a hand full of rather crude nuc's that may or my not detonate with the proper design yield, at the proper altitude or on impact? I would give their first attempt, a one in three chance. The real question is, are they ready to receive, a return volley of proven design that will rain destruction on their little nation. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Have you ever looked at the map of who is around NK? Fall-out and so forth? I guess NK is in a much better position to NOT be nuked back than most other countries. Japan to the west, SK to the south, Russia and China to the N and W. I rather see them "knowing it" and sort of telling the US ... "Can't nuke u without nuking yourself or the stuff you pretend to protect".

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Can people please stop persecuting the population of North Korea based on the wrong doings of their leaders. They are victims of propoganda, constant tannoy alerts and army drills for "impending attacks" from south korea and the US. They are mass manipulated to the point they genuinely believe that the US are going to attack them like the US are are fed about extremist Muslims. Ignorant comments like that of idope don't help as they are all malnurished and at the point of desperation as a result of its governments inhuman way of allocating resources. Kim is evil...not north korea

Where did I mention that it was the "population of NKorea's doing" to warrant nuclear war on anyone near their blessed state? I didn't. They, in reference to the article is about the government of Nkorea. In fact, in the article the ambassador when asked about human rights and how he viewd the defectors of his country, he said that they were not human, that the defectors do not have a conscious therefore are not human, so he andhis government pals see no reason to treat them as human if they are caught. So no, it has nothing to do with the people that live there, they are stuck between a Catch-22 and nationalistic/prophetic relationship to the Kim Jong dynasty.

It is either the citizens back their government or they are murdered. So they have no choice but to back the government and hope-pray to their government to do the right thing, and the right thing is always what decision is made. The entire population is forced to participate in the military, this is the easiest way to brainwash citizens into being permanently nationalistic. Plus all forms of media is censored and all media is nationalistic propaganda, so really the citizens are passivley part of a cult that has admitted to having nuclear weapons and using them at their whim to seemingly protect themselves.

The question I have is how they recieved the nukes? They did not build them there in NKorea I am 97% positive. They had to have bought them through either Russian or Chines ties, a country with many. I could see the KGB selling one to NKorea personally if they helped protect the Eastern border of Russia as well with it. But idk, I don't want to speculate. But a lot of this belief comes with research into another cultist (Aum Supreme) from Japan in the 90's who wanted to purchase nukes from Russia as well and was into biotech warfare.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
he is just one small fat boy in a world of giants.
he is just trying to persuade himself he is relevant.
he wants attention as all brats do, by throwing tantrams.

he's annoying like a pesky fly on a hot summers day.
edit on 21-3-2015 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
I hear the new launch system is amazing...very high tech for them.

Not sure how much range they have.

I would say they have no way to get it across the Pacific, they could get SKorea or many other high populated areas over in that region. But i wouldn't put anything past them. I could see another country doing their nuking for them and NKorea taking the blame, then nuking themself once the Government is already defected to another, and blaming the West for bombing them. Standard military games with their mindset.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

Since Nkorea has no real meaning to us in teh West besides the political nature, but no real valuable property we would be able to hold for long or no resource that is worth going to war over, is there even a need to worry about their threats? Or even their military advances, likley through purchasing these advances from other areas. Sure they may committ cyber crime to try to be pesky wannabees, buzzing around and threatening corporations this and that, but in reality cyber crime could be used against them big time, but it wouldn't really effect their citizens, mostly their government if their secret documents were released. But still that is just a back and forth pull my finger approach, that really means nothing.

The article made it seem like if the U.S. had battleships around their peninsula or anything of the sort they would nuke them. Doesn't that seem a little harsh? Niking a ship or even a small fleet? Just to poison the fishing waters surrounding the country, effectng much more than thier own commerce by radiating the ocean. I just think this country wants to be taken seriously and it won't get their chance unless they invade SKorea or nuke Vietnam or something.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: iDope

originally posted by: autopat51

Since Nkorea has no real meaning to us in teh West besides the political nature, but no real valuable property we would be able to hold for long or no resource that is worth going to war over, is there even a need to worry about their threats? Or even their military advances, likley through purchasing these advances from other areas. Sure they may committ cyber crime to try to be pesky wannabees, buzzing around and threatening corporations this and that, but in reality cyber crime could be used against them big time, but it wouldn't really effect their citizens, mostly their government if their secret documents were released. But still that is just a back and forth pull my finger approach, that really means nothing.

The article made it seem like if the U.S. had battleships around their peninsula or anything of the sort they would nuke them. Doesn't that seem a little harsh? Niking a ship or even a small fleet? Just to poison the fishing waters surrounding the country, effectng much more than thier own commerce by radiating the ocean. I just think this country wants to be taken seriously and it won't get their chance unless they invade SKorea or nuke Vietnam or something.
exactly my point...he wants to be relevant..be taken seriously..be a contender!!
edit on 21-3-2015 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

So is he supposed to be taken seriously? Seems like he just wants to exude power, over state his actual power, yet believe he is all powerful. This type of grandiose thinking could make him the type of person to search for any substantial reason to use nuclear, when it would make more sense to use regular explosives if threatened, but he is not the one of common sense.

I think a person in his situation and with his thinking would keep running their mouth and buying nuclear arms and bettering their ability to actually launch these arms a great distance in order to just attack without reason anywhere he wants. Right now he is just waiting for someone to take his bait so he can anhilate something small to prove his power, yet this could be the one shot that sends the world into fit and WW3. Who is actually backers to NKorea? Just China?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

he has no backers..even China is embarrased.
he is a child with some cheap toys,and a will to be somebody.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

& people don't talk # about Americans because of our governments actions? Gimme a break.

& can you speak louder, you're oh so high up on that pedestal.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join