It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Definitive 9/11 guide?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So I tried asking questions in another 9/11 thread, which didn't turn out too well.

So here's the short version of my story: I was deployed when 9/11 happened, and had extremely limited knowledge of the events as they unfolded. In the days after it, we got bits and pieces of things. However, we were rather busy at the time preparing to attack just about anybody (please, no commentary on the invasions; not my point here). So it wasn't until much later that I even saw a tape (yes, a tape) my girlfriend at the time had made for me of the footage that day. I sat for hours watching that tape. But the tape didn't answer questions. Couldn't. It's a tape, not a person.

Fast forward to now: here's what I'm looking for. I want to understand both sides of things. To me, 9/11 is "just" an event in a history book. It's hard for most people to understand. It's not a case of "I wasn't there" it's a case of "my knowledge was limited to whatever reports we got and a couple crappy pictures printed out on a 5 year old printer." So I want to know the truthers side. I want to know why the official story supporters (do they have a name?) believe the official story.

Got a reason why the towers should/shouldn't have fallen? I want to know. Hijackers? Throw it my way. Flight 93? Lemme hear it.

What I'm not looking for: WMD talk. Invasion talk. Not what I care about. I care about the events of 9/11 and 9/11 only. The subsequent investigations and reports into the day would also be germane.

If you've got books you suggest, articles, websites, whatever, from either side, I'm interested.

Even though my last two disclaimers have gone unheeded, I'll try again: this is an absolutely legitimate request. I am in no, none, zero, zilch way trying to troll anybody or stir the pot. Though I realize there are two sides to this, and both are pretty adamant, and the pot will wind up stirred anyway. Just leave me out of any sniping, because I'm not looking for that.

Knowledgable ones, I seek to learn

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Just curious as to why all the info out there isnt enough for you? You need even more?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

For the most comprehensive guide I'd recommend this, it is long but it covers everything:

From my point of view the official story has more holes than a colander and as a pretext for the invasions, it really shouldn't be that way

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Your first question answers the second: where to start? I don't know.

What are good sources? What are garbage sources? I don't know.

ATS has people who've spent years looking in to the event. I think it would be silly to not utilize that resource.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

That is only one part of it too.
There is three parts totaling a little over 5 hours so hope you got a comfy chair.

But ya Shamrock that video covers most of the 'truther' theories out there with out getting to crazy.

link   

Do you have kids?

You know your kids. You grow up with them growing up. You hear when they are genuine - every time they are genuine. You know when they want some something, every time they want something. You know when they lie, every time they lie. No "evidence" required.

You can substitute all of that with western democracy and media.

I am not a robot. I cannot train my beliefs to be based on "official" anything let alone what would be admissible in court.

link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Thanks, I'll give it a look here shortly

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So I tried asking questions in another 9/11 thread, which didn't turn out too well.

Knowledgable ones, I seek to learn

LMFAO I feel your pain. I don't even go to 911 threads /forum anymore.

But if you're looking for information, there is a lot there that you can read, I think it runs the gamut. So not sure why you would ask for info here, when it's already over there

nm, by the time I posted it, saw it was already asked and answered.
Good luck.

edit on 20-3-2015 by Rhiannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I recommend starting with Building #7 and do some research on Barry Jennings a key witness who mysteriously died!

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmFriday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yes, understand that completely....

I just wondered what else can possibly be out there since that day a lot of us watched it live? There are so many stories, opinions, videos, evidence or lack thereof...if one gathered all of it from everywhere in one place....it would take years to go through it all anyway, there's so so much.

Now, I can agree with your request if what your looking for is the best and worse of both sides of the issue. That make a ton of sense then...and you are in the right place for that!

Down the line? I'd be curious to know what you've found out! MS

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I actually worked at the Puffin Stop near where Mohammed Atta stayed. You can tell me all day that the whole thing was staged, but he was real and he bought calling cards at the store I worked at. Beyond that fill in whatever blanks you want.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Operatives are operatives....

Osama Bin Laden aka Tim Osman

The people were real however the masterminds were not men with box cutters!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The best presentation I have seen on the topic is '9/11 Blueprint for truth'. It has been reviewed by architects and engineers and provides a good forensic analysis of what happened to the buildings.

NIST has been the main organization putting together the official version of how the buildings collapsed that day. In terms of presenting a clear, solid and reasonable argument that is open to peer review is unfortunately lacking.
edit on 20-3-2015 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I see a few members have put up some good vids for you...here is a 5 minute version if you have not seen it before that has some good tidbits..

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think a safe bet will be to find the official story and read i carefully.

Then you ponder about it.

Then you start on the Truthers versions. If you delve into the Truthers versions too early you will be sucked into a web of misleading, lies and tin-foil-theories (not to be confused with scientific Theories).
But you will also find facts that are not present in the official version.

Once you start with the Truthers versions you should stop and ponder EVERY time they say "it is fact". Often it is someone without any form of education or knowledge, that present that "fact". Or claims to have heard it from an anonomoys source.

And also know that some claims are just that. Claims. Not verified or even verifiable.

Then you have to consider that some "credible" witnesses are not always credible. Even police, firefighters and old granny on the street lie through their teeth. The skill will lie in remembering that something or other has PROVEN that this or that is a lie.
"Firefighters are heroes and never lie". Which state was it that exposed more than 40 firefighters as arsons IN ONE YEAR.
"Policemen don't lie". Why do we then call them liers after they kill someone.
"Twenty witnesses saying the same thing is proof of it being truth". Why? Doesn't it only take ONE person to lie and 19 pthers to repeat the same lie?

When they say plumes are evidence of blasts from explosives then take a paper bag and fill it to half with flour. Inflate it fully. Close it. Put it on you living room table and drop a book flatly on it. It will adequately simulate a collapsing floor devider.

I'm not saying the Truther movement is all lies. What I'm saying is that you should question everything.

When you question authority why shouldn't you question the one blaming authority as well.

After that go on to the next topic...
edit on 21-3-2015 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here is a good video showing the flaws in the NIST report.

edit on 21-3-2015 by Flatcoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Shamrock, I sent you a message with some sugggestions this morning. I like to read David Ray Griffin. He has a confident but not overbearing style, writes well, and sticks to facts.

Ignore those on here that tell you there is nothing to this, that it's a conspiracy theory. After all, the official version is a conspiracy theory as well, just the official one. Ground yourself in the history. Operation Mockingbird, the ruling elite ("Tragedy and Hope 101" is outstanding), Northwoods, CIA & such nefarious things as global drug distribution, and the long history of false flags. Know the true history leading up to 9/11 and you will find, I believe, that it surprisingly fits well with previous events.

Most of all, don't let anyone threaten you or tell you what to think. They will come along here and call you names and demean you for your views. They are not your friend, and are not here to help.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrettyPlease1

I've been reading ATS site for over a year

Tell me one thing why should i spend time with you when your opinions so often reflect views of US government and mainstream media

Are you a dog person? I'm not. Why should I spend any time with you?

My opinion on Ukraine and other topics that have nothing to do with 9/11 are about as germane to my interest in learning all that I can about 9/11 as whether I like dogs or not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join