It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Adam & Eve

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UB2120
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It means pre-human and that is determined more by mind quality levels than physical attributes. More specifically the ability to have worship and wisdom.

No, you can't just redefine scientific terms as you please.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You don't consider the difference in brain function between man and every other animal to be scientific?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UB2120
You don't consider the difference in brain function between man and every other animal to be scientific?

Scientific just means that the way we went about understanding the process at hand followed the scientific method. So to answer your question, no YOUR account of the difference between man and animal thinking isn't scientific.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Maybe you are right, the difference between the brain function of man and every other animal is not scientific it just common knowledge.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UB2120

That isn't what I'm saying at all. And besides, common knowledge gets proven wrong regularly since people don't commonly look too deeply into things before forming opinions.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Then what are you saying? I think its a fairly proven fact that the human brain function/capacity or whatever you want to call it is vastly superior to any other animal. That is what makes us human.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I'm saying that you are misusing terms to explain the difference between human thinking and other animal thinking. This conversation started with you saying that Neanderthals weren't primate cousins of Homo Sapien Sapien when that isn't the case at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

When I say primate cousin I mean that with is not human. When I say human (man) I define that by mind function, more specifically the ability of worship and wisdom. Any type of creature on any planet when once they achieve that level of mind they are a primitive man. There are 7 basic levels that mind function can be divided into, but only man has the final 2.

1. Intuition — quick perception, the primitive physical and inherent reflex instincts, the directional and other self-preservative endowments of all mind creations; the only one of the mind levels to function so largely in the lower orders of animal life and the only one to make extensive functional contact with the nonteachable levels of mechanical mind.

2. Understanding — the impulse of co-ordination, the spontaneous and apparently automatic association of ideas. This is the gift of the co-ordination of acquired knowledge, the phenomenon of quick reasoning, rapid judgment, and prompt decision.

3. Courage — the fidelity endowment — in personal beings, the basis of character acquirement and the intellectual root of moral stamina and spiritual bravery. When enlightened by facts and inspired by truth, this becomes the secret of the urge of evolutionary ascension by the channels of intelligent and conscientious self-direction.

4. Knowledge — the curiosity-mother of adventure and discovery, the scientific spirit; the guide and faithful associate of the levels of courage and counsel; the urge to direct the endowments of courage into useful and progressive paths of growth.

5. Counsel — the social urge, the endowment of species co-operation; the ability of will creatures to harmonize with their fellows; the origin of the gregarious instinct among the more lowly creatures.

6. Worship — the religious impulse, the first differential urge separating mind creatures into the two basic classes of mortal existence. The level of worship forever distinguishes the animal of its association from the soulless creatures of mind endowment.

7. Wisdom — the inherent tendency of all moral creatures towards orderly and progressive evolutionary advancement. This is the highest of the mind levels, the co-ordinator and articulator of the work of all the others. This level is the secret of that inborn urge of mind creatures which initiates and maintains the practical and effective program of the ascending scale of existence; that gift of living things which accounts for their inexplicable ability to survive and, in survival, to utilize the co-ordination of all their past experience and present opportunities for the acquisition of all of everything that all of the other six mental ministers can mobilize in the mind of the organism concerned. Wisdom is the acme of intellectual performance. Wisdom is the goal of a purely mental and moral existence.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You can define it any way you want, but unless you are breaking it down via species then you aren't doing it scientifically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join