It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cuddle Hormone" that could reveal if your dog really does love you

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
a reply to: Anyafaj

Hey there Anyafaj - what a cool birthday card. Didn't know they made those. I must keep my eye out. So your little princess has made a buddy, don't you love it when they make a best friend? I can't tell you how many times I've regretted not taking the number of random people of who's dog my dog clicks with. It's pure magic.

I am going to have to try the iced carrot sticks come the heat of summer. I usually have water with shaved ice and he insists on getting his fair share. I now drink out of a giant mason jar just so there's enough ice for the two of of us.

My boy gets nasty, nasty ear infections, he has a wheat alley. So I now keep a packet of liver treats in the car and anytime I grab a coffee at McD's or any drive thru for that matter I have to whip out the liver treats and pretend it's from the drive thru person as it's a highlight in his life.

Our babies! Life would be so empty and joyless without them.

I had heard ice was bad for dogs, but as long as shaved ice melts super fast it might be ok.

Apparently it was an internet rumor, but some breeds it might cause problems, and some breeds it's fine, also depends on dehydration. Here's a link to help. One reason I like the frozen carrots, is I don't have to worry about them being from China and having lead, or God knows what else that might be deadly for dogs. I can even buy the carrots from the nearby farmer's market and chop them up myself. I get the local food pantry once a month, and sometimes, like January, I got a 10 pound bag of carrots. Which she attacked with gusto! LOL

(I also got 5 pounds of onions that I diced and froze, and 10 pounds of potatoes, I large diced 4 pounds, small diced 4 pounds, and shredded 2 pounds, and froze all of it! I'm STILL going through January's supply!)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I really struggled with that - to let him have ice or not. He begs and begs for it and so I just keep my eye on him. He's always hot and we usually trim his fur good in the summer. One never knows what to believe when faced with so many arguments for both sides. So far, so good! I mean heaven forbid I am enjoying an ice drink on the deck and he has to drink normal water, that just wouldn't be fair, ha, ha.

We just purchased a food processor a few months back and that thing is a lifesaver. I've gotten into eating whole foods and we buy bulk so you and I are on the same page. Never thought of chopping the onion up first and then freezing. So much to learn but a lot of fun knowing you're doing it for your and your family's health and doing it the old fashioned healthy way. My skin is super sensitive and so it's been hard to prepare massive amounts of veggies and keep it from drying out and ending up in severe eczema. I just bought some cheap plastic hand gloves from the dollar store and those have been a lifesaver as well. I have tried the rubber gloves but my hands get wet in them (sweat and the water that somehow sneaks in) and then it's just as bad as not wearing gloves. The potato doesn't go funny frozen? I might be thinking cooked potato. Hmmm. Must look into that. But we don't each much potatoes any more (even tho we love them). Ha, ha - can't believe I was so silly to be afraid of the food processor (thinking of those slicing blades). Piece of cake!!!

And yeah I won't allow any kind of food product for us or my pets from China. The first time I learned how greedy they are (food manufacturers) and put that stuff in the baby formula - how could they??? Horrifying, poor little munchkins. Anyway it's a good way to buy local and our own country's food produce to support our own economy.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I really struggled with that - to let him have ice or not. He begs and begs for it and so I just keep my eye on him. He's always hot and we usually trim his fur good in the summer. One never knows what to believe when faced with so many arguments for both sides. So far, so good! I mean heaven forbid I am enjoying an ice drink on the deck and he has to drink normal water, that just wouldn't be fair, ha, ha.

We just purchased a food processor a few months back and that thing is a lifesaver. I've gotten into eating whole foods and we buy bulk so you and I are on the same page. Never thought of chopping the onion up first and then freezing. So much to learn but a lot of fun knowing you're doing it for your and your family's health and doing it the old fashioned healthy way. My skin is super sensitive and so it's been hard to prepare massive amounts of veggies and keep it from drying out and ending up in severe eczema. I just bought some cheap plastic hand gloves from the dollar store and those have been a lifesaver as well. I have tried the rubber gloves but my hands get wet in them (sweat and the water that somehow sneaks in) and then it's just as bad as not wearing gloves. The potato doesn't go funny frozen? I might be thinking cooked potato. Hmmm. Must look into that. But we don't each much potatoes any more (even tho we love them). Ha, ha - can't believe I was so silly to be afraid of the food processor (thinking of those slicing blades). Piece of cake!!!

And yeah I won't allow any kind of food product for us or my pets from China. The first time I learned how greedy they are (food manufacturers) and put that stuff in the baby formula - how could they??? Horrifying, poor little munchkins. Anyway it's a good way to buy local and our own country's food produce to support our own economy.

What I did with the potato was soak it for a bit in cold water, drain, and soak it again to get most of the starches out. It was fine. I love the small dice for morning hash with the onions and chopped roast beef slices for sandwiches. Good stuff with spices. Then make a hole in the middle of the pan, drop an egg, cover with a glass lid, wait for the egg to firm up, boom sunny side up without flipping it. Perfect breakfast and set some aside for our non-hooman friends. LOL Mine loves it if I go easy on minced garlic. Large dice, I put in a pot to boil for mashed potatoes. The work is already done, it just has to boil. I can make enough for one, or six. Same for the shredded.

I've even given my dog my leftovers. I made roast chicken, peas and rice one day. I gave her some of the chicken off the bone, some of the peas, and some of the white rice. All perfectly fine for her, I know what went into it, because I made it, and she enjoyed every morsel mixed with her dry food, not a single bit was left, including her dry. Now mind you I don't do it very often, but now and then, I will give her a treat and do it. I trust it more than canned moist food than I mix with her food. If I don't mix moist food with her dry, she'll refuse to eat for days on end until I give in. Spoilt princess! LOL

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Mmmmmmm, hashbrowns. You're making me hungry! I think you are an amazing woman from what I've read in your previous posts and life history and the parenting skills you have developed. You are gentle and respectful and stand up for yourself on posts and have so much to share.

I just want you to know I admire you and what you bring to ATS.

You are a beautiful mother to your daughter(s), ha ha - human and doggie.

I'm think you need to hear that. xox

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Mmmmmmm, hashbrowns. You're making me hungry! I think you are an amazing woman from what I've read in your previous posts and life history and the parenting skills you have developed. You are gentle and respectful and stand up for yourself on posts and have so much to share.

I just want you to know I admire you and what you bring to ATS.

You are a beautiful mother to your daughter(s), ha ha - human and doggie.

I'm think you need to hear that. xox

You are a sweetheart and a very kind person. Thank you for your words. It took me a long time for me to even believe it, believe it or not. When you are told the opposite, for a very long time, you tend to believe it after awhile. One day I woke up and just decided that wasn't me, but it was very hard because it was almost schizophrenic in a sense. You have everyone tell you you're worthless, and at the same time you're trying to tell yourself that you're not. And you battle with yourself over who to believe, the broken person in the mirror, or the lies everyone speaks. It has taken years of therapy, and years of staring at the broken person in the mirror, but that broken person is becoming more and more whole each and every day. And I'm loving every day I am here. I RARELY share a photo of myself, but for you,

edit on 3/22/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Dear Anyafaj - you honour me by sharing a photo of you. You are beautiful.

If everyone could just have that awareness - nothing would be able to stop a person. I am so proud of you.

I have been through many hardships in life, I've mentioned some on this site before. And I have hated people. But I always rose above the pain and degradation to prove to myself, as well as to those who tried to squash who I was inside. And over time I learned I can try to understand why others would hurt others and now I feel an ache in my heart for these types of people. They are broken and didn't find or try to find a way to find power over what was being forced on them. And most never had any love. We all need love and when I see someone being hateful and full of rage I see a heart that was never loved, nurtured, guided.

Look how far you have come. One of your posts recently really touched me. I think it was the one where someone accused you of not being smart enough in college or something. I wish I had enough time in the day to reply to all the posts on ATS from everyone.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Dear Anyafaj - you honour me by sharing a photo of you. You are beautiful.

If everyone could just have that awareness - nothing would be able to stop a person. I am so proud of you.

I have been through many hardships in life, I've mentioned some on this site before. And I have hated people. But I always rose above the pain and degradation to prove to myself, as well as to those who tried to squash who I was inside. And over time I learned I can try to understand why others would hurt others and now I feel an ache in my heart for these types of people. They are broken and didn't find or try to find a way to find power over what was being forced on them. And most never had any love. We all need love and when I see someone being hateful and full of rage I see a heart that was never loved, nurtured, guided.

Look how far you have come. One of your posts recently really touched me. I think it was the one where someone accused you of not being smart enough in college or something. I wish I had enough time in the day to reply to all the posts on ATS from everyone.

Ahh, yes, my lovely ex. He was a gem. But he is out of my life, so no more. I know I am smart, and don't need validation from another. Heck between street smarts, kitchen smarts, and I can kick butt on Jeopardy and Trivia Games, not to mention my 4.0 in Biology alone in college, I know who I am. And I'm good with that. Now I get my joy out of cooking for others.

Tonight I made caramel brownie swirl topped with sea salt and gave some to my neighbor. She about passed out when she tasted it. I love cooking for others so much, I haven't even tasted it yet. Last week I made homemade chicken parmesan over spaghetti with spicy homemade spaghetti sauce. My neighbor can smell my cooking a mile away so I normally make enough for two and share some with her. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join