It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Clarkson Petition is Ridiculous #BringBackClarkson

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Well it seems he is a very popular host...

The petition of almost one million signatures was delivered by a man dressed as "The Stig" who arrived at the BBC's London HQ in an armoured vehicle bearing the words "Bring Back Clarkson".

www.bbc.com...

And I signed the petition for the main reason that I enjoy the show and he makes it interesting.

If you don't like him, or the show why treat those who do as though they aren't as good as others?

I do like the show. Did you not watch the video? I clearly stated that I like the show and I didn't once say that I didn't like Jeremy Clarkson.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

originally posted by: TechUnique

It's not ridiculous, it's about more that Clarkson now, it's about standing up against BBC's ridiculous political correctness and how they only employ people who fit into their agenda.

Clarkson is very popular because he isn't very PC, he says a lot of things that normal people can relate with and the BBC don't like that, and if you can't see that they're trying to find any reason to get rid of Clarkson then you're blind.

Crying over a guy who cried because he couldn't have a steak isn't the best jumping off point for a rallying for free speech. Why not start a petition about the BBC and its political correctness campaign?

OHH. Because people don't care about that as much as they care about Jeremy Clarkson throwing a paddy, and punching someone cos he couldn't have his din dins.

That's why.

Your comment does nothing but show even more how ridiculous this whole thing is.

No, people signed the petition because it grew to become something greater than saving Clarkson, it had the momentum and had the publicity for people to get involved and sign it.

The BBC is just a media arm of the Labour party and they don't like people like Clarkson, many people realise this and saw that they could stage their protest via this petition.

To call people's views on such a matter ridiculous is very disrespectful. Maybe if you want people to sign cancer drug petitions and anti fracking petitions you should try and get mass media to get these issues in to the public view so they are aware of these issues also.

That's the problem, BBC don't care about publicising these issues, so many people don't know any better.

So get off your high horse and understand that people can only sign a petition that they know is in existence.

And that's exactly the point of this video. To raise awareness of real campaigns and petitions. No high horse here mate, just some good old fashioned common sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

If I can get even just 1 person to not sign this petition and instead sign a petition to save the NHS or stop fracking then I see it as worth it.

So this thread is a way for you to try and get someone to sign a petition to stop fracking?

Just 1 person signing a petition to stop Fracking in this country or save the NHS is more important than Top Gear.

You may consider it more important, but that is your opinion that many may not agree with.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Clarksons waiter spills the beans. Funny. Some bad language.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Ok well I'm glad we've come to some sort of agreement, but the point I'm making is that you are calling the general public ridiculous because they signed this petition, when it's not their fault, that's what I found unfair.

But at least you are trying to make others aware of more important petitions, so kudos to you.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Ok well I'm glad we've come to some sort of agreement, but the point I'm making is that you are calling the general public ridiculous because they signed this petition, when it's not their fault, that's what I found unfair.

But at least you are trying to make others aware of more important petitions, so kudos to you.

Thanks man.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Save the NHS, really?

And your post won't sway anybody, Clarkson is like Marmite, you love him or you hate him.

And although I like him, I still won't be signing any futile online petition on his behalf.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watchfull

Save the NHS, really?

And your post won't sway anybody, Clarkson is like Marmite, you love him or you hate him.

And although I like him, I still won't be signing any futile online petition on his behalf.

Yes I want to try to save the NHS.
What's wrong with that?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

If I can get even just 1 person to not sign this petition and instead sign a petition to save the NHS or stop fracking then I see it as worth it.

So this thread is a way for you to try and get someone to sign a petition to stop fracking?

Just 1 person signing a petition to stop Fracking in this country or save the NHS is more important than Top Gear.

You may consider it more important, but that is your opinion that many may not agree with.

See above comment..

The video is clearly about getting people more interested in more cause worthy petitions. Can you really not see that? And as far as many people disagreeing with me, of course I expected that.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Top Gear is one of the highest earners for the TV company an d goes out all round the world, so one individual who gets criticised by someone straight talking is too bad because its money that counts. Clarkson is big business and loved because he says what an awful lot of people think but have been silenced for saying by the goody guts. The fan will break on the pc bullies because Brits don't take being told what to think easily.

I might not agree with him but he still have the right to speak the truth - unless he was in the wrong which his co-stars don't appear to think.

Any one ever worked with someone who doesn't carry their weight, I have and so I bet have plenty of others?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm a Clarkson fan and have joined the effort to keep him in power. I don't know how official his firing actually is. The articles i have read state that BBC would be scrapping the rest of the Top Gear series but when I tuned in at the usual time, the new episode was aired. People need to get over themselves and let the man do his job, part of which is offending folks.

ETA wondering if BBC is worried about a Charlie Hebdo-style incident at the HQ? Clarkson isn't fond of foreigners and often says so creatively.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If what we have heard is true, Clarkson commited Gross Misconduct.

Gross misconduct Gross conduct can include things like theft, physical violence, gross negligence or serious insubordination. With gross misconduct, you can dismiss the employee immediately as long as you follow a fair procedure. You should investigate the incident and give the employee a chance to respond before deciding to dismiss them

www.gov.uk...

If it is true then he should be shown the door and then closed behind him.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There are billions of people in this world and your crying over a million signatures? It's just as ridiculous that you'd make a video and then post it in your own thread like your someone I should know, telling us what is and isn't trivial.

A lot of us live the realities around us everyday, and at the end of it we'd like to sit down and watch a show about three guys with some cars.

Who exactly are you to judge?

ScientificRailgun: "People devour trivial crap. It makes their relatively mundane lives seem more exciting than they really are."

Exactly! because some of us work 12 hours a day, and worry about bills etc, and we'd like to take our minds off it every once in awhile.

High horses all around I see.
edit on 20-3-2015 by IntroduceALittleIrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It's not ridiculous, it's about more that Clarkson now, it's about standing up against BBC's ridiculous political correctness and how they only employ people who fit into their agenda.

Clarkson is very popular because he isn't very PC, he says a lot of things that normal people can relate with and the BBC don't like that, and if you can't see that they're trying to find any reason to get rid of Clarkson then you're blind.

Now you have the cat by the tail.
There is so much bull being churned out here.
Top Gear used to be Mumbo Jumbo when it came to cars, just people tootling up and down the high street, talking about a new engine and it's technical refinements, and cleaner this and cleaner that, while nobody mentioned the piggin' thing will blow a head casket without fail at 50,000 miles. The Top Gear team as it is now, will tell you when something is a load of crap...and will say it is crap. They have been to different places and are not afraid to remind people of social conditions in those places, no matter who that offends.
As for Clarkson being sacked from Top Gear??? he has a 30% share in the production company, plus another individual and the BBC holding the rest.
As for the petition, it is another petition and you don't go round making comparisons between them. I personally have petitions in Amnesty International, another in saving our brand new...yes brand new, local hospital. I have no objection to contributing to Clarkson's petition.
In any case, many people see Clarkson's petition in part as a response to the BBC cancelling the schedule for Top Gear shows already in the can, a childish action in my view, and nothing to do with a background 'Fracas' of which things like that go on all the time, and no dick is going to tell me otherwise, and the BBC is no exception, nor is parliament for that matter.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have decided to break a personal rule and have read the OP and then decided to ignore all other posts and wade in with big boots.

Jeremy Clarkson is a ficticious TV persona, After selling his shares in the global distribution company for several million within days of the expiray of his contract with the BBC this is not suprising.

Personally I love Top gear, I love the main man, I love James May and Richard Hammond. I even like the Stig.

I will miss the TV show, I love the false drama of it all. If anyone fails to see that tis is not more of the same then fair enough.

To the OP, I understand your stance on this but other times I strongly disagree.

It is television, and good television at that, trashy made up tv that is a good way to end the occasional good Sunday evening.

The stig driving a tank with a million man petition through London is TOP GEAR.

If you fail to see this the yu are missing the point.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The whole Clarkson debacle just further illustrates how much of an idiot goon species we are.

The middle east is on fire,slavery is alive and well even in the UK/USA/Europe,people are suffering from starvation in even "developed"nations while the rich steal from and exploit the poor at an unpresedented level,rainforests of the world are losing their capacity to absorb co2 as they are basically overloaded,our oceans are dying from pollution and acidification,our planet is experiencing an extintion level event by our hand or by natures or both-

But Sheeeit. we are more concerned with some idiot on the TV who basically does nothing for our survival as a species.

Aren't we great?
Really-aren't we frakking great?
Do we even deserve this once beautiful paradise called Planet Earth?

MWaaarrrgghh apologies for ranting,but we suck.

edit on 20/3/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I have decided to break a personal rule and have read the OP and then decided to ignore all other posts and wade in with big boots.

Jeremy Clarkson is a ficticious TV persona, After selling his shares in the global distribution company for several million within days of the expiray of his contract with the BBC this is not suprising.

Personally I love Top gear, I love the main man, I love James May and Richard Hammond. I even like the Stig.

I will miss the TV show, I love the false drama of it all. If anyone fails to see that tis is not more of the same then fair enough.

To the OP, I understand your stance on this but other times I strongly disagree.

It is television, and good television at that, trashy made up tv that is a good way to end the occasional good Sunday evening.

The stig driving a tank with a million man petition through London is TOP GEAR.

If you fail to see this the yu are missing the point.

That is all.

Sorry about the poor spelling in my last post also, sometimes anger takes over and it's easier to appologise than go back and correct it.

I'ts TV, It's not real.

This is my opinion. The fact that I am right on this changes nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Who hasn't thought about smacking their boss in the gob. Most people have to suck it up and take it to keep their jobs until they can leave. There are few consequences for people in power that treat people like s@#t. I bet that producer will think twice about what he says now. Clarkson I assume has the money to be able to do such a thing. Everything these days is about destroying I guys living over indiscretions and minor ones too because it is not PC. Everybody shut up and obey.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The petition to get Clarkson backon Top Gear has been signed by so many people because he is relevant to popular culture, and people are actually interested in his brand of entertainment and find it funny, despite all its shortcomings and pitfalls. He is a caricature of himself on screen.

People are not interested in politics, because politicians are homogenised, sanitised and - frankly - boring.

Trying to compare peoples reactions to Clarkson and Political issues is like comparing apples to coal, and the reason is that the populous is fed the same pack of lies, over the same issues, by the same political parties over and over again to the point where most folk don't give a damn, and just would like to have a laugh every now and then.

Make politics relevant, and people will be interested. Until then.... I'd quite like to watch Top Gear.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
The petition to get Clarkson backon Top Gear has been signed by so many people because he is relevant to popular culture, and people are actually interested in his brand of entertainment and find it funny, despite all its shortcomings and pitfalls. He is a caricature of himself on screen.

That's bang on, I just don't get why some people fail to see that. In a way, he's a bit of everybody, we all do stupid things, especially if we know something, but perhaps not enough. One good instance for me..and it is about cars, a colleague at work had a sticky starter, and her husband gave her a hammer to tap the starter, but something went wrong in the interpretation, and one day I looked out my office window when all this clanging was going on, and I went down to look see and saw these silvery ball pein marks all over the exhaust manifold! Apparently that seemed to do the job. Who am I to argue?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join