It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immortal Cabal Ruling Our Planet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow
Exactly what this series was all about...

The series centers on the conflict between a group of rebels from the year 2077 who time-travel to Vancouver, BC, in 2012, and a police officer who accidentally accompanies them. In spite of being many years early, the rebel group decides to continue its violent campaign to stop corporations of the future from replacing governments, while the police officer endeavours to stop them without revealing to anyone that she and the rebels are from the future.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
As I see it these mega corporations know know bounds. And in my opinion their greed alone will eventually turn inwards upon themselves and each other in their quest for power and wealth.

History provides many evidences enough to suggest that power and wealth when turned against the populace it governs collapses, albeit this time the entire world is coming under their dominion.

The question is is when the order faulters and crashes, like every other one in history, what will be left behind after its demise and how many lives will be lost in the process. Nothing is forever, however, man's greed and lust for power coupled with his inventions and tools of war only ensure a future world in which it's citizens will be captives instead of free, with one ruling government, one all powerful entity that governs every mega corporation and controls all aspects and distribution of wealth.

We see this happening now, IMO, countries and rulers being toppled, as they eat their own. However this time, as the elite battle for control and power amongst themselves, let them not forget that it's quite possible that all out war, even nuclear war can happen, as the greedy turn upon each other to satisfy their lust for power.

Hopefully a major conflict won't happen. Just divide the wealth, land and power and so be it. But man is man, someone will have to be dominant, and this could be the problem.

The cycle of state

edit on 20-3-2015 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
One of those pages is very misleading, the one about the "media companies"

1) Viacom and CBS are not separate companies, they are both divisions of National Amusements under Sumner Redstone (he owns both of them) They are run independently of each other, but are subordinate to him.

2) GE is like a no brainer anymore, they sold off their Media division to Comcast. Comcast owns NBC/Universal (and all of their holdings, including but not limited to SyFy, USA, MCA Records, Decca, the old PolyGram companies, Philips Recording Division,, Comcast Cable, NBC Television, Universal Pictures, etc..

Someone needs to desperately update that chart..

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: MystikMushroom

LOL no. I'm not really a cat person anyway.

Well at least you can enjoy all the interesting vending machines. Also, they had a black hamburger a while back over there IIRC. . . Looked interesting.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think it was burger king that was selling those. Never was brave enough to try one. Most of the "interesting" vending machines are kinda funny, though if you're referring to the vending machines that sell used panties, I think the government put the brakes on that one finally.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Bottom line.........not a damn thing wee can do to change this....it will only change when there is a major "flood" that wipes out the world as we know it and the monetary system no longer matters.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: TrueMessiah

Japan doesn't even allow me to own my own firearms. I really miss my .45 ACP. It's a different system, but not really any worse than the American system. I just point out that the tentacles are in so deep that overthrowing it will illicit a very violent response from people who have grown accustomed to a relatively comfortable life governed by currency, corporations, surveillance, and control.

I know fully well that I contribute to the problem when I go to the Conbini every morning for a beer after work. That I buy into the Shibuya shopping sprees and decadence. I know I own the newest Samsung Smartphone. I am a part of the problem. And I am honestly, and unashamedly okay with it. I live a comfortable life, doing something I love, in a place I adore. To upset that delicate balance would upset me.

Do I want a change? Sure. Would I like less surveillance and more choice when it comes who my leaders are? You bet. But not enough to start a revolution over it. Call me ignorant, call me whatever you like, but remember you contribute to it as well. If you shop at supermarkets, buy clothes in malls, order stuff from Amazon, own the newest iDevice, you are ALSO part of the problem. I simply know myself well enough to accept that evil, self-absorbed side of myself.

Beautifully put and I find myself at the same crossroads.

Spent many years not buying into the system, living in an alternate world that was free but I was also usually homeless, cold, hungry and alone. I became sick of it and became a work slave, and while I hate being a "slave", it allowed my to buy my land, build a solid house, raise animals, all with the goal of eventually (when the land is paid) being, ironically, self-sufficient.

The "evil, self-absorbed side" that Scientific Railgun called it, also drives us to seek basic human needs that in an earlier era we could go out and set up ourselves. Now we have to participate in order to get them and if, for example you need a phone for work, why not have a new efficient one. It's human nature.

And while individuals are a huge force collectively, I don't see the individual as the problem. The corporations providing goods to us is not the problem... What needs reined in is corporations being above the law and making immoral choices in order to gain profit above all.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Orwell and Huxley understood you well. LoL!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Good thread, star and flag.

I have come across a relavent book that perhaps is also new to some others. Tragedy and Hope 101 by Joseph Plummer, is a condensed version of the 1300 page history 1966 mega book Tragedy and Hope by Harvard-educated, and insider Carrol Quigley. Plummer's version is a quick read, and via Quigley's extensive inner-direcle experience and research, it show how the elite (Quigley's term is "Network") operates.

Anyway, it is a fascinating look at how the elite will do anything, and has done virtually anything, to accomplish their goals. Establish the fed, rigging elections, and starting wars. Their overriding goal is a one-world government, a New World Order.

I would recommend it whole heartedly.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

What surprises me is not where we are but how the hell we got here. There use to be a monopolies commission that stopped companies combining etc in the interests of the public and dare I say fairness to free competition etc.

Where hell did that body disappear to? and more importantly why isn't it stopping this kind of thing or has it itself been effectively stopped?

Good questions.

I don't know the answers.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Hi Sofe. Good to see you. Been wondering where you were.

Thanks for this. If we look at the enlarged pic on here it underlines packaged foods for me. The only way I can see to combat this is to buy fresh produce, find a reliable local butcher, eat simpler, and make your own. Even though we know that is not foolproof, it does save money and a lot of calories. One less customer for them will not hurt them much, but if people move away from that a little at a time as we have all been moving from packaged cereals, then they will feel it. Kellogg's recently shut down one of their plants.

ETA: Your avatar is hilarious!

Hey - thanks. : ) ...Good ideas.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I did not know this, haven't watched the series, don't get the channel and don't watch much anyway. But I will look for Continuum now.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

...Someone needs to desperately update that chart..

You're right. The problem is that who-owns-who used to be a matter of public record. Now - so much is confidential, or privileged or super-expensive to track. Plus, mega-corps sell subsidiaries to other subsidiaries all the time - usually to avoid taxes. All just part of the cover-up strategy. And hard to track, needing constant updates.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Bottom line.........not a damn thing wee can do to change this....it will only change when there is a major "flood" that wipes out the world as we know it and the monetary system no longer matters.

The system is designed to be immortal - and specifically, to survive calamities and apocalypses. (Apocalypti?) ....It's primarily about "trade," and surfs monetary systems rather freely.

edit on 20/3/15 by soficrow because: tnkr

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
before ranting about the big corps, one oughtta drop dat smartphone first.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
nice thread.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

....What needs reined in is corporations being above the law and making immoral choices in order to gain profit above all.

I think you're on to something.

Plus, maybe abolish corporate personhood whilst mandating other priorities besides profit.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamsession
before ranting about the big corps, one oughtta drop dat smartphone first.

Ya talkin' ta me?

I don't have a smartphone and while I often do rant, this isn't a rant. Next.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

What surprises me is not where we are but how the hell we got here. There use to be a monopolies commission that stopped companies combining etc in the interests of the public and dare I say fairness to free competition etc.

Where hell did that body disappear to? and more importantly why isn't it stopping this kind of thing or has it itself been effectively stopped?

The Department of Justice Antitrust Division and the Federal Trade Commission are supposed to regulate competition and monopolies.

One problem is they are up against international influences.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The Department of Justice Antitrust Division and the Federal Trade Commission are supposed to regulate competition and monopolies.

One problem is they are up against international influences.

How can international influences decide what we do in our own country?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join