It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Virtual Reality Game Turns an Office Into a Robot-Infested Fight for Survival

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: karmicecstasy

What about elder scrolls 6? (I don't count ES online as 6)

I do not count Elder Scrolls online as six either. I just figured it would take until at least seven for this to come out. That may be super optimistic of me though. From what I have been reading this tech works right now but its not yet small or cheap enough for the consumer level.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Ironhawke
I'm waiting on the inevitable D&D-type hysteria to emerge, with overpaid douchenozzles warning us of kids killing mallwalkers for epics.

Ok I will say it. At what point do we stop distinguishing between reality and non and how good is it to be raised on this stuff.

Aside from the awesome gaming, augmented reality has incredible potential as an educational tool.

Imagine all that can be done virtually: lab experiments, assembling mechanical devices, building computers, looking at a structure and the augmented reality program informs you about all of the architectural features and their purpose, looking at a piece of art and the augmented reality program tells you about the artist, etc. etc. The engineering and medical applications are endless.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Very true! There will always be good and bad uses for anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Imagine a game like Battlefield 4 like this? Things are going to get crazy in the gaming world in the years ahead.

It's come a long way since Prong, Atari and Intelivision, that much is for sure. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Could this technologie be similar to the Avegant Glyph they are beaming images directly in your eyes using technologie from Texas instruments.
simular? pdf link:
www.ti.com... ch-EN-Everything

and then there is some tec from nvidia:
research.nvidia.com...

And claim it is possible to have a augmented reality glasses setup this way.

Sounds a little similar to claims and statements from Magic leap.

Anyways, I can't wait for it all to be generally available.

edit on 26 3 2015 by IronCell because: pdf reference

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hi guys! I just like to say something about this issue. In my own idea, since we are facing the high demand of technology today, so it is expected that out kids can adopt what forms of technology we have right now. Although they know some games while some other stuffs like learning there is no problem at all as long as they still give time to their learning. Game is only a form of recreation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join