It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Alzheimer’s Treatment Fully Restores Memory Function

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Good question. Something every person will have to decide themselves if they get this to work with high success.
. Just because the technology exists do not mean we should automatically use it in some instances. And if we use it it might be good if the person is in a very safe place and maybe prepared with meditation techniques to be able to not be overwhelmed by emotion.

Increasing a persons normal gamma synchrony before treatment.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
What I had heard was that this can only reduce the progression of the disease, and only if it is caught in the earlier stages. If that is true, then this is not really a "cure," but is more like a method to increase the amount of time a person experiences before their conditions drastically worsens. Unless it was something else I heard about on the news, as I was not really paying much attention. They are not known to get things right anyway, lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm going to tell our CREATOR that I and many others are concerned about her. Good Luck. LOVE

a reply to: dezertdog

Thank you Donk, I'll pass on the sentiment.

Back at ch'ya with the Love amigo.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Good question. Something every person will have to decide themselves if they get this to work with high success.
. Just because the technology exists do not mean we should automatically use it in some instances. And if we use it it might be good if the person is in a very safe place and maybe prepared with meditation techniques to be able to not be overwhelmed by emotion.

Increasing a persons normal gamma synchrony before treatment.

I tried something similar. I tried EMDR therapy. It was supposed to help you recover some memories, but in a safe way. Instead I had a ton of flashbacks and then my insurance changed and I couldn't go anymore, so I felt like I was in the ocean drowning with no help.
edit on 3/20/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Interesting technique that I did not know about. I am not sure what I can say about the insurance change and the leaving you untreated when they have started treatment. There is something really wrong on how society uses these techniques/tools based on our monetary value system. That is so not ok morally in my book to start a treatment and not make sure you/the patient is better off when it ends. Sorry for your experience but unfortunately I am not surprised.

Humanity. Lots of potential unrealized. A work in progress.....
edit on 21-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Interesting technique that I did not know about. I am not sure what I can say about the insurance change and the leaving you untreated when they have started treatment. There is something really wrong on how society uses these techniques/tools based on our monetary value system. That is so not ok morally in my book to start a treatment and not make sure you/the patient is better off when it ends. Sorry for your experience but unfortunately I am not surprised.

Humanity. Lots of potential unrealized. A work in progress.....

It took a LOT of time, tears, and night terrors, but I eventually dealt with it. I call it baptism by fire. Unwillingly, but there you go. LOL I'm a survivor, One way or another, I'll make it through because I refuse to be bowed. Unfortunately it wasn't my only baptism by fire when my ex attacked me before he left. I didn't have mental health coverage on my insurance, but since moving, I do now and my therapist has been helping tremendously.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My husband showed me this article yesterday and it has peaked our interest. There is dementia on both sides of our family and I have sjogrens with neurpathies so my brain is effected. We plan on talking about this with my neurologist. I don't know if it will be something for me in the future or not, but I'm going to check into it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
My husband showed me this article yesterday and it has peaked our interest. There is dementia on both sides of our family and I have sjogrens with neurpathies so my brain is effected. We plan on talking about this with my neurologist. I don't know if it will be something for me in the future or not, but I'm going to check into it.

I think one of the main reasons I posted this info was because of the amazing number of people I personally know with some type of memory disorder.

I plan on doing more digging myself, but if you find any more info let us know.

I truly like non-invasive and Big pharma free treatments, so when I saw this information I was a happy camper.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I work in Geriatric Psychiatry, we were discussing this a few days ago. This is huge, dementia truly is worse than death.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I'm reading that they are treating AD and several cognitive disorders with a cocktail of different treatments. I was visiting this site and it has links to a lot of the studies that have been published on PubMed and NCBH NIH. Here's one of the articles

Piracetam Studies & Recommended Dosages

There's a lot of good reads on the blog for cognitive enhancers.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Jade35 because: Hyperlink to article didn't work

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Any updates on this one?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Yes

www.biotechniques.com...

Leinenga is also trying to apply the technique to sheep since their skulls are similar in thickness to human skulls. The larger sheep brain is also closer in size and shape to human brains as well. Having a similar model is important for developing ultrasound technology, because the physics can differ in a mouse versus a human due to the difficulty of transmitting through a thicker human skull. “We’re also looking at other types of brain pathologies to see whether ultrasound can cause an improvement in some of these other pathologies where there are protein aggregates in the brain,” Leinenga said.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is promising research. But I share your concern. It would not be the first time promising medical treatment got buried because it would cost too much revenue to be lost - think cancer treatments. 75% is a good success rate, and there will be a lot of work if it is to become viable for humans.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join