It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What aggravates you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
People who don't flush a toilet. Gross. People who leave lights on when they don't need to be on. People that try to "correct" me by saying the exact same damn thing I already said. People who don't know how to drive but still get on the road and endanger others. People in general.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Automated bathrooms:

1. Self-flushing toilets that don't take down what they should and then won't flush again.
2. Automated soap dispensers that won't give you enough soap.
3. Automated water faucets that barely give you a trickle and it's ice cold.
4. Automated paper towel dispensers ... cause.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I forgot about those. They bother me, too lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SullivanBlack

A new thread gets bumped down the list by “replies” to old threads, killing them, while there is a resent post page where good threads get attention.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I'd have to say intolerant people, people who hold grudges.
People who invade my space, people who loudly talk on the phone in public.
People who are mean to animals.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter
I despise mankind.

Makes everything much simpler.

STOP!BEING!STUPID!

What's an appositive?

I also hate this blasted kindle.

An appositive is when you rename something with unnecessary information.

Jessica is going shopping with her brother John.

Jessica is going shopping with her brother, John.

Believe it not, the two are different because the second has an appositive. In the second, John is unnecessary. Basically, it means the reader would know that Jessica only has one brother and his name is John, so the author only added his name as flavor, and it's set off with a comma. The reader would get the same meaning if you left his name out.

In the first, the lack of comma signals that Jessica has more than one brother and you need to know the name of the brother she's shopping with. After all, she could be shopping with Barry or George.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
Well its that or Murder you lol.

Well murdering me while I eat and drink ranks slightly higher than walking out of the room... so the lesser of two evils wins.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Most things really...but the one that gets my goat the most....stupidity. It's contagious. And spelling Nazi's .
edit on 20-3-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Right now? Family...my siblings to be more exact.

Since our mother passed away it's one argument after another. I finally make up with one, think I can trust her, and then she goes and betrays my trust by taking a screen shot of a text I sent to her, in confidence, and sending it to the other one it was about.

Who does that? These are my siblings but they're just really awful people. I've known that for a long time, so shame in me for thinking different.

And, btw, I have a legitimate reason to be complaining about the one...I just want to pack up and move ASAP and let them deal them with everything. I've done my part by caring for their mother for ten years while they went on and lived their lives, only coming around when it suited their needs.

/rant

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Drivers.
Teens being loud in the library.
Taking my parking space.
Saying "thank you" to every cashier at everyplace I buy something..."thank you for taking my money"(gotta break that).
People who wont let me talk without interrupting every 2 seconds.
"Online services"...and the music they blare at me while "Press # 1 to speak to an operator. Your call is important to us. Your call will be the 27th call answered!"...
Ticking in my engine, or fridge, or space heater, or, or, or....
Psychic "vampires". Friends who've sucked all the energy out of me when I get home.

Now Im aggravated at my answers as to what aggravates me....

edit on 20-3-2015 by mysterioustranger because: aggravated

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I live in the worst driving city, in the worst driving county of the worst driving state. I've been wanting to get a quality dashcam, speed up my days into a few minutes with speedy music in the background. You wouldn't believe the things I see, YouTube channel would be a smash.

I'm also a very....assertive driver. Ive had a black wrangler 2door for 10 years & driving 3 feet higher than everyone else has a huge influence on my reality vs everyone else's.

a reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I've got another one that didn't make my original list - gossipy people who are proven wrong but refuse to apologize to those they've harmed.

My husband is in charge of a prayer group at church which includes some little old ladies who think they are brilliant and that the group revolves around them. They falsely accused my husband of mismanaging the group and are disrespectful to him in front of others. My husband proved he handled the group just fine but these arrogant hags refuse to acknowledge their error and they refuse to apologize. Instead, they continue to gossip about him. My husband was assigned by church higher ups to run the group and the arrogant old ladies think they shouldn't have to listen to him and they don't feel the need to apologize. My husband has the patience of a saint.

edit on 3/21/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Thank you....well said. Amazing isnt it when a tiny Yugo or Smart Car sees you in the rear view mirror!
MS

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My 1# top thing that aggravates me lately is
reading articles written by professionals
that have inexcusable spelling errors.

I am not talking about your average
joe making spelling errors...we all do.

I'm talking about people who are paid to write.
These people should make sure their grammar
and spelling are accurate.

I'm seeing so much of this lately...

edit on 21-3-2015 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

that this new era is not an era of truth but an era of falsehood.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
People that write "would of" instead of would've or would have. LRN2WRITE!
edit on 21-3-2015 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
People that write "would of" instead of would've or would have. LRN2WRITE!

Ugh dude, sooo many similar examples.

Supposably? No, supposedly.

That's one that always comes to mind.

My predictive text made it seem like supposably was a real word. Now im questioning my own sanity or right to question other's, lol

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Biggest thing that aggravates me at the moment is, people starting a sentence with 'So'

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

So, why does that bother you?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Watching a movie. And. It. Freezes. Every. Five. Seconds. Yeah, it's annoying as hell. I hate that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join