It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poltergeist Caught On Cam: Woman Being Haunted By Ghost Of Dead Brother?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted previously. Did a quick search and nothing came up. I'm sure I saw fishing line being used on the spoon though?

The unknown and supernatural are always topics that spark a great debate between skeptics and hardcore believers but no one really wants to be in the center of such a hair-raising occurrence.

One woman from Blackpool, England has been living a life straight out of a movie plot from Paranormal Activity with mysterious movements and events happening in her home.

A 33-year old and mother of four, Donna Ayres originally from Burnley, Lancashire is being regularly visited by a spirit she believes to be her dead brother. The reunion would have been pleasant except these visits are more of hauntings.

Donna, her children, and her 45-year old live-in partner Jason Heys had already moved residences a whooping five times since 2009 due to experiencing mild to violent hauntings from a spirit that won't seem to leave them alone.

"I believe this is happening because death has always followed me, but I have strong suspicions the spirit could be my brother, who died when I was younger."

Donna had been documenting her experiences for the last three months in a desperate attempt to reach out to others who might be able to help her situation. The videos document the movement of different household items and furnishing - from spoons and cups moving from one place to another to the violent swinging of a chandelier.

Watching the videos on her YouTube channel, one can get a sense of how terrifying her everyday life seems but according to Donna, those are nothing compared to what actually happens when the camera isn't rolling.

"Probably the worst time was when I was pinned to the bed, I'll never forget it - it was very traumatic," Donna said while recalling an incident she experienced that was particularly harrowing.

Donna's brother Paul passed away in 2009 and a few months after that she started to experience paranormal activities starting with loud bangs and scratches appearing on walls at night. Even after changing residences the paranormal activities continued in every house she lived in and ever since she started recording with her camera phone and posting the videos online, the hauntings became even more common and rampant leading Donna to believe that she has angered the spirit.

When asked why Donna believes her brother is responsible for these eerie activities, "Given the rocky relationship with my brother, I genuinely believe this ghost is haunting me, not just the house which I live in, which is the most terrifying thing," she said.

The videos have been garnering attention online with both skeptics and believers weighing in on each of the clips. Some have argued that the videos are obvious fakes achieved by moving items with nylon lines but the respected organization of Sefton Paranormal has stated that the footages are all genuine and Donna's experiences can be classified as Poltergeist activities.

Donna's answer to naysayers saying her videos are fakes, "It's hard to get the footage as sometimes the paranormal activity is too quick to film, but I think I've done well to catch what I have with a basic camera phone."

Here are some of Donna's video's allegedly documenting her Paranormal experiences:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
it understands english, as clearly show when she says "move the magnet"
take a bunch of those alphabet toys you buy for kids.
ask yes or no questions, or simple stuff like that.
record the answers.
It doesn't make sense to ask this "poltergeist" existential questions while it's flipping a coin in a bottle.

what do you want?! -coin flip
Who are you?! -coin flip
What is the maximum airspeed velocity of a laden swallow?! -coin flip

Sorry, not buying any of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Swallows can't carry a coconut in flight.

Good point though.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

what do you want?! -coin flip
Who are you?! -coin flip

What? I don't know that…

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
She or someone seems to have watched the first 'Poltergeist' movie and are trying to reenact the kitchen scenes. Never underestimate the power of "I want attention!" (as related to either the dead brother or an apparent third-class fakery).

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

African or European??

To OP - Being one that has experienced some strange things in my own house my mind is fairly open, but these do look to be fake. Though I am sure if I ever caught anything on camera folks would say the same thing so that leaves us at a cross roads.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
that's true, i mean i get it's simple for most people to dismiss someone's experience as a mistake or a freaky coincidence. i will admit i'm the first one to do that.
but she clearly has some kind of communication going on with the ghost.
so instead of simple things like pulling a spoon, have it do something that would show signs of "intelligence" something you know you can't pull off with some off camera string.
type something on a keyboard, fold/unfold a napkin whatever!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sorry but the videos are hoaxes. The uploader writes 'For entertainment purposes only' as the first comment on the most recent video uploaded. It is also listed under the 'comedy' category for the videos.

Nothing here to see.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

I found only the coin in the jar impressive. I noticed no evidence in the movement of the coin that it was attached to a thin fishing line (which can be virtually invisible). About the only other simple explanation I come up with is the old, magnet under the table trick. I make that statement in that form because the continued setting of the home of the woman does not indicate a great sophistication in any aspect. Perhaps a Brit can tell us the particular coin that is jumping and if it is naturally magnetic. Some coins are and some are not. Some of the super magnets today may be able to cause the coin to leap away to the extent that one did, but I'm personally not familiar with such strengths. Actually, I don't know how a simple magnet trick can repel a large coin to that extent. Attraction, yes, but repel, no.

The most curious part is that she evidently can evoke the "spirit" by demand as evidently by having the camera set in place before she gets the action started. I have the suspicion that IF the happenings are real, she is the one responsible for the actions, not a dead brother.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
She admitted they they were all fake just before closing her FB page

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plumbduff
She admitted they they were all fake just before closing her FB page

The videos look completely fake. There's one big thing that stood out to my wife and I regarding fakes, and it's how she just knew where to set the camera in the videos to see something. She sets it down on a kitchen counter, and then the spoon just happens to move. She's "scared out of her mind" in her room, but knows to aim the camera over at the door and leave it there.

But the thing that screamed fake to me was that she never showed any sort of proof that there was nobody around to do the tricks. For example, if the magnet is moving, why not open the fridge and show us nobody is inside. Or when she was so "scared", why not show that there's nobody by the bed, nor under it. The coin flip, why not show us under the table, to prove nobody is knocking on it to cause the coin to flip, or however she went about getting it to move.

The videos that have boggled me the most, are the ones that show you everything around it. For example:

www.youtube.com...

Now I will be the first to admit that it could be fake, but I've yet to see/read proof of it besides speculation. But what I love about it is the fact that they do show you the inside of the cabinet. If you watch carefully, you can see the door hinges, and though it's dark, I haven't see any device on it that would cause it to open mechanically.

So my point being, the lady wasn't trying too hard to make her stuff believable. XD

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

She tapped the table with a finger 3 times and shortly after the coin moved. I don't get a sense that she is genuine.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You know what I love about ATS. We have some of the most clever skeptics. The internet throws alot of hoax ghost videos and ghost pictures, and here at ATS posters know everything from camera developing procedures, to Photoshop experts, to lighting/ shadow angles experience etc. It's pretty hard to fool some of the really good skeptics on ATS, they think logically and scientifically and I'll say 99 percent of the time, they are dead on with their skepticism.

I've seen ALOT of so called ghost footage/ghost pictures, 99 percent of them are total bull#. Though I always do keep an open mind especially with the supernatural and paranormal. Frankly, it's the 1 percent that keeps me believing that out there in the world there are forces we just don't understand yet, being supernatural or not.

Please throw this Lady and her 3 ghost videos into the pile of 99 percent bull#. Here is my logical.

1) all three objects that she claim to be moving around are metal. Highly likely she is using a magnet to move this stuff around. Or just thin fishing wire.

2) Like another poster said the channel itself said its for entertainment purposes.

3) Just read she admits on facebook it's fake. Enough Said.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's fascinating that councils homes seem to be haunted by "poltergeists" while large manor homes with multiple entrance-ways and corridors would be haunted by "doppelgangers".

Every investigation of a British "poltergeist" that involved a home with teenagers and used concealed video recording equipment always revealed it was at least one of the teenagers responsible.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The behaviour of the coin can be explained by the concept of thermal expansion.

Thermal expansion happens when heat is applied to matter. When subjected to heat, the matter changes in volume as its particles begin to move around. This is when we notice that matter expands. In the beginning of the Magic Jumping Coin experiment, both the air and the bottle are cold because of the cold water. As soon as you placed your hands around the body of the bottle, the air started to heat up causing thermal expansion to take place. As the air molecules expand, it pushes its way out of the bottle thus causing the cover, in this case the coin, to vibrate or jump up and down.

This is what makes your coin magically jump! The coin will only stop jumping when the air inside the bottle eventually cools down.

Jumping coin experiment

In video you can clearly see the jar glass is not bright as it should be in normal temperature, instead it has moist propably because it has been in fridgerator before.
Magnet on fridge has nice hook feature, easy to moved with fish line. Chair moving.. you can see only top of that chair.. pushing it with legs most likely. I find this just a attention seeking little magic trics.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Definitely should be moved to the hoax bin.

www.thatsnonsense.com...

Solid debunking of one of her other videos:

Ticks me off when idiots do this sort of thing. I have personally witnessed poltergeist activity, and hoaxers do nothing but turn the entire subject into a joke. All this sort of crap does is make it more difficult for people who have experienced the real thing to reach out.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What a load of trash - totally obvious fake

new topics

top topics

join