It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auriga de los Liberos [ART2015]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Auriga de los Liberos didn't like it, he didn't like it at all. The trompets have rang their alarming sounds, a storm was gathering in front and behind him. „Curse you, bloody silly human! I curse the day I met you imbecile, Mala Ferox! I should have known it means nothing but trouble to let a filthy woman on my ship!“ The dark blue feathers on his corsar hat whipped to match his flurry while he stomped along the railing. „Get ready, all hands on deck. We sail as soon as they return!“ Mayheam the Dull, one of the fish-people from the outskirts of the known world, repeated the Captains orders while he cracked his whip in the air to gain the attention of his crew. Aurigas eyes wandered over to the white palace on the hilltop. Was that smoke? „Oh no.“ He grabbed his eyeglasses, he always wore on a golden chain around his neck. It was his trade mark, the corsare with the eyes of an eagle. A gold platted small and light tool of prescission and so beatuyfull it surely once was made for a king.
On the docks Gregs, the white wolf broke through the masses, splitting them and making path for Mala. Her dark coat flapped in the wind as if she was flying, while the beast in front of her, groaned and showed his long, sharp teeths. „Lift the anker!“ He couldn't surpress a grin, giving his soft, almost childlike face, a grim, intimidating expression.
„I got it!“ Gregs jumepd over the plank and Mala swang over the railing just the second the small, but fast and robust „Clandestino“ started moving. A bang and the sails catched the wind. Behind her red hair Argurion saw the city guards aiming their bows at them. „Get down! Down! They're shooting!“ He pulled her by her coat and landed on top of her. Mayheam, keen to please as he was, threw his heavy, cold, white scaled body over them. „Umpf.“ Malas voice came almos muted from beneath the pile of protectors. „I can't breathe!“ They moved a bit and she sucked in all the air, with the tongue of her wolf, supporting her, as he thought, but really almost drowning her with his slobber.
„Show me.“ Auriga de los Liberos was a sea-elve, a tall man among his people, but only half as tall as Mala, his godchild, first, but now his soulmate and companion, the great source of both, joy and fury. He was used to give orders for over a hundred years now and he learned how to intimidate, and how to get attention and admiration from his men. Mala had learned to obey, or to appear obeying., since her parents sold her to the tiny man, taking a pitty on the small almost starving, dirty girl in a sack. She ws literally wearing a potato sack, when he saw her begging on the streets of Ashelot, the city they just lightened, from it's legendary treasure: the blue eye.
Mala unfolded the black leaher and it sparkled almost violet, in the red sunlight. „Damned.“ Argurion fell back in awe. On hand on his chest he smiled at Mala and Mayheam. „We did it! We got it!“ He jumped up, forgetting the archers on the shore and city walls, picking exactly this moment to let got of the bowstrings. He heard the „Whush!“ of the arrows flying through the sky, immediately he fell back down. But in this one tiny fraction of a second he also noticed something else: „The Moloch“ was coming after them. The biggest and most feared ship the royal navy of Ashelot had to offer. 500 men, aimed to the teeth, a weapons plattform three times as big as his ship. „Mayheam, the Moloch.“ He whispered for this ship was a sailing nightmare. Center of the most horrifying tales told in the taverns of all cities. The big white fishman flapped across the ships floor and jumped suddenly into the water.
„Mayheam what are you doing?“ Mala and Auriga bend over the wooden balcony above the water and saw their friend diving away, without leaving a trace. Gregs barked and jumped up and down, joining them in their desperate atempts to call him back. The men of his crew, fifteen desperados from all places, froze uncertain what to do now. They feared Mayheam, but they also knew he was a soft hearted giant. The little elve was more cruel than he ever could be. Some of them actually thought, if it wouldn't be wiser to follow him into the depths of the ocean. „Where is he going?“ Mala stared at the water surface.
„What do we do, now, do we wait?“ Her question and the silence in his back, brought him back to reality, he turned around, his eyes burning red he shouted: „Stop the ship!“ A sigh of relief went through the men and they threw the anker, pulled in the sails and held on to whatever they could find, to stand the sudden stop, almost ripping the Clandestino in half. „Damned you greedy woman! Now we all will die, just because you want to save the world. If this stupid thing really has magical powers you better learn how to use them. NOW!“
„I..., I..., I don't know how!“ She fell down on her knees, pressing the treasure in her hands till the bones shun white through her pale skin. „Save Mayheam, save our friend.“ She whispered and her breathe left a white nebula on the surface of the gem. One of her tears dripped right in the middle of the blue eye, Gregs sat across her, lifting his right pawn and a bone-shaking yowl called the storm. Purple clouds rolled over them, lightnings struck the water, one every second as the winds shoke their ship. The water answered the stirring of the storm in its surface whit huge white waves leaving the Clandestino unharmed, but growing while they rolled towards the Moloch. The huge ship was lifted upwards and hang quietly in the air, or so it appeared from the distance, when it really was falling fast back to the water surface. It created a big circuliar wave, and a thunder so loud the world sank in deaf silence for everybody afterwards. But it didn't break. It got closer to the tiny Elve-Corsars ship and he was tempted to declare his right hand and best friend dead, and just leave. „I am Auriga de los Liberos! I am afraid of nothing!“ He roared with the wind and just like the rolling storm his challenge remained unheared. Almost.
The circuliar wave had vansihed, through the white water surface, all creatures of the ocean broke through, with Mayheam riding on the biggest Kraken Auriga had ever seen. As if they were waiting for a decission to be made, they held perfectly still. Not a sound and no move was made, while seconds felt like hours.
Mala got up from the floor and watched, holding her breathe and caressing the blue eye. „For a better world. For friendship. For love. For freedom.“ She repeated over and over almost toneless.
The decission was made, the cannons blast rang hallow in the deafened ears as the Moloch opened fire on the sea-creatures. As if the water would swallow it, it got dragged under water, leaving a huge hole in the ocean. In less than half a minute it was over. The creatures were all gone and just bits and pieces left from the huge warship.

This legend of Auriga de los Liberos and his brave men of the Clandestino, marked the new beginning of the era of the Corsars. When the blue eye finally was in the right hands and the magic of friendship began to rule the fate of the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Interesting story and characters! Well done!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

nice

agree with NightStar

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Very nice ! good action and interesting storyline.. excellent !

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I am happy you like it. Your picture made it easy, was really inspiring.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Good job. I very much enjoyed the momentum of your story. Action packed.

CdT

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Nicely done!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Cool Story Here! It had a Nice Flow to it!

I liked it very Much!!! Syx. Late.

edit on 23-3-2015 by SyxPak because: Spelling Error......

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle
&
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Interesting characters - enjoyed it very much, Peeple.

- AB

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thanks. Good thing you stopped by, I wanted to read yours yesterday and forgot, will do that, right now.

top topics

join