It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whether Or Not Homosexuality Is A Choice Is Irrelevant

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You know I always find it funny that people are ready to defend the "choice" of two same sex people wanting to bring up a child.. but no one says "wait.. what does the child want?.. is this infringing his/her rights to a hetrosexual family?.. are we doing the best for the child?.."

Everyone just assumes its OK for the child.. and people marginalise the role of a hetrosexual couple in a childs life so easily.. as if they think that "if we start throwing babies at same sex couples we can have a future where homosexuality is accepted".. which what seems to be the case because clearly the mental and emotional well being of the child is secondary to the rights of the homosexual couple..

Dont get me wrong, people can do whatever they want.. what gets me going is when you place a child in this mix.. an impressionable child, with no idea about sexuality, one that hasnt formed its own views nor has the emotional and rationational maturity to be in such an environment.. it just doesnt make sense to put a child through that..

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: Gryphon66

Looks like there are 950,000 species of animalia.... wonder how many have sex?

(Animalia, believe it or not I desperately needed that word last week and could not for the life of me think of it).

Now it's time for me to leave work, fire up the BBQ and drink some well earned beers. Always good to debate with you Gryphon66, sorry you always see my bad side (I only have one side).

Some reasonable restrictions down from the Animals would seem to include:

Vertebrates: 59,811 species

Mammals: 5,416 species

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

That sounds good on the surface, "defining people by the totality of their being." Problem is, that homosexuality is not just a sexual-fetish. It is an entire predatory and promiscuous lifestyle, whose members seldom if ever "do it" in a bedroom.

seattletimes.com...
EDITORIAL: SWIFT ACTION OBVIOUSLY NOT COMING FROM POPE FRANCIS ON CHILD SEX ABUSE
"A week ago, Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco, head of the Italian Episcopal Conference, defended the Vatican's policy of not requiring clergy to report child sex abuse to the authorities. "The Vatican requires national laws to be respected, and we know that there is no such duty (to report abuse) under Italian law," he told reporters.

"It was a disappointment because Pope Francis had just appointed a commission to advise him on sex-abuse policy. Bagnasco's comments sounded like business as usual.

"The comments also ignore the scathing report issued by a United Nations human-rights committee in February, which rebuked the Vatican for its long-standing and systematic cover-up of sexual abuse of children around the world. The report made concrete suggestions for ways to protect children in the future."

www.catholicabusesurvivorsni.com...
CATHOLIC ABUSE SURVIVORS
This article is not for the faint-of-heart, I'll warn you up front. But it spells out in gruesome detail how Catholic priests and nuns - who should never have been allowed to be in religious orders in the first place - should have at least been quickly fired upon being reported for sexual abuse.

What has the dirty paedophiles from the Vatican got to do with anything being discussed in this thread? Am I missing the point in your post?

Not sure if you were saying "homosexuality is not just asexual-fetish. It is an entire predatory and promiscuous lifestyle" can you confirm or deny that the bold highlighted text is your view before I respond!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MstWntd

What child brought into any family anywhere at anytime gets to choose life circumstances?

Every child is impressionable ... should parents be restricted in inflicting a religion on the child?

Good questions!

link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

That sounds good on the surface, "defining people by the totality of their being." Problem is, that homosexuality is not just a sexual-fetish. It is an entire predatory and promiscuous lifestyle, whose members seldom if ever "do it" in a bedroom.

Oh my god - are you kidding me???????

I need one of those face palm pictures here.

link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

you want to compare the natural order of humanity with the natural order of animals.

Humans ARE animals. Primates. Primates with vivid imaginations and opposable thumbs.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But you've shown no scientific link between single parenting and homosexual parents. We have shown you numerous studies and multiple national associations who say that children do not suffer more with homosexual parents. I'm still waiting for someone of intelligence to come along and adequately - and scientifically - debate that.

Pffffft. You got nuthin but salad.

Okay, I'll concede that I did not provide studies or hard data, it does seem that common sense has failed on this particular day. In that posting a pretty basic, and coherent argument appears as 'salad' to some, I can only conclude that we have varying levels of comprehension here. You posted national studies, and I requested international studies, preferably from various continents, just to give a broader view.

So you want scientific data, I didn't realise I was preparing a thesis here, I would have wasted more time - none the less, I will come back with a small thesis to explain the obvious for you with facts and figures and lots of fun stuff.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

you want to compare the natural order of humanity with the natural order of animals.

Humans ARE animals. Primates. Primates with vivid imaginations and opposable thumbs.

If you want to be labelled an animal, good for you. I am not an animal.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Vertebrates: 59,811 species, 1500 is approximately 2.5 % of that total.

Mammals: 5,416 species 27.6% of that total.

So, the fair comparison is probably somewhere between.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: MstWntd

What child brought into any family anywhere at anytime gets to choose life circumstances?

Every child is impressionable ... should parents be restricted in inflicting a religion on the child?

Good questions!

Absolutely!

We probably shouldn't allow a child into a family making less than $300,000/year, because that would just be best for the child.

We probably shouldn't allow a child into a fundamentalist Christian home, because - well, obviously, duh.

We probably shouldn't allow a child into a family with people who smoke, or eat fast food, because that certainly wouldn't be good for the child.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But you've shown no scientific link between single parenting and homosexual parents. We have shown you numerous studies and multiple national associations who say that children do not suffer more with homosexual parents. I'm still waiting for someone of intelligence to come along and adequately - and scientifically - debate that.

Pffffft. You got nuthin but salad.

So you want scientific data, I didn't realise I was preparing a thesis here, I would have wasted more time - none the less, I will come back with a small thesis to explain the obvious for you with facts and figures and lots of fun stuff.

Which we wait for in anticipation to debunk and prove your view of the World is a tad out of touch!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Well....I agree with "some" of what you said. But my own belief system hinges on the belief that a wedding must take place on a "logos" level. As I see it.... that constitutes the uniting of massive energy fields on the quantum/spiritual level. I believe that all positive/constructive energies of both genders will be gathered together as one. And the two shall become one.

Paul speaks in his writings about how all sins accept sexual sins are outside of the "body". As I see it he is not talking about the fleshly body...as many sins effect the physical body. He is (IMO) speaking about the quantum/spiritual "body" that is being developed right now. It is these "bodies" that shall be united in "Holy Wedlock".

I will say that God may and (imo) quite possibly did allow for the reaping and utilizing of male and female energies created within homosexuality and other less than "IDEAL" unions. The Bible states that God reaps where he does not sow. That tells me that he will utilize the positive/constructive energies developed in ALL relationships in order to create the great whole
edit on 20-3-2015 by HarryJoy because: typo

link   

You're not a sociologist, either, obviously.

Just out of curiosity, if you're not an animal, what are you? Plant? Virus?
edit on 11Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:13:49 -050015p112015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

link   

Yep, you are.
You are a mammal. And most mammals get along better with each other, and other mammals, than most 'people' manage to do.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Actually, yes you are. We all are!

Scientists describe virtually everything that is alive as animal or plant. So, if you’re not a plant then you are an animal! In fact, you are a specific kind of animal called a mammal. Know what you all have in common? Your mothers have breast milk that can feed young; you have hair or fur; and you are born live instead of inside an egg or case! In fact, human mammals are born not only alive — but kicking and screaming!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

... and they call us totalitarians.

Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Many homosexuals used to say "I'm gay and I'm proud" when they came out of the closet.

Now, more homosexuals than ever are coming out of the closet, but seem to be using the fallback position of "it wasn't my choice" to justify their sexual proclavities.

Until quite recently, homosexuality was seen as a mental disorder, and many psychiatrists still see homosexuality as a sign of sexual immaturity.

I have no problem with LGBTQ people at all, but regardless of whether it's a choice or whether you think you were born that way, be PROUD of who you are and don't try and use the cover up position of telling people that being gay wasn't your choice.

Personally, I think the act of gay LOVE isn't a choice, but the action of gay SEX is most definitely a choice, and that there's a distinct difference between the two.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

You have every right to be concerned:

www.freerepublic.com...
(2005) HOMOSEXUALITY DESTABILIZES SOCIETY: VATICAN PAPER

www.nolanchart.com...
RELATIVISM, ROME, HOMOSEXUALITY, AND THE FALL OF THE WEST
There has been homosexuality in every age. But the fall of Athens and of the Roman Republic can be linked to evidence of rampant, institutionalized homosexuality. Institutionalized homosexuality is not the absolute end of civilization. But it IS the last death rattle of a society no longer fit for law or decency.

www.mercatornet.com...
GENDER CONFUSED KIDS NEED PARENTS WHO THINK STRAIGHT
Puberty-blocking drugs while "children" make up their minds whether to be male or female. Pushed by the Agenda-driven LGBT-types. They reject the "gender-binary" mindset, preferring a "gender spectrum", which is the fiction they sell to teens, parents, teachers, doctors and counselors.
edit on 20-3-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Because you said the following;

ETA: fatherless children represent:

63% of teen suicides
70% of juveniles in state institutions
71% of high school dropouts
75% of children in chemical abuse centers
80% of rapists
85% of youths in prison
90% of homeless and runaway children

I have seen this first hand, with peoples from all walks of life.

As there are 10,000,000 single mothers in the US and only 111,000 gay parents, the stats you gave would be more inclined to the 10,000,000 single mothers!

You made the statement above not me!

Right, and I have been saying all along, that a fatherless child is the same as a fatherless figure in a gay marriage. I merely presented the stats to emphasise the impact of such. I am comparing the two environments, it is not blaming the 10 million single mothers at all? it is showing what happens as a result of a father not being present (whether dead or ran away or whatever).

Why are you being so trivial, I am sure you knew what I meant.

Well in fact all you managed to do was demonise 10,000,000 single moms as the stats you gave would have more of an effect on the kids from the ten million moms in the US than any Gay Parents kids! What happens if its two gay dads with kids, does that go against what you have been saying in this thread as they would have two "Father Figures"?

I'm not being trivial as you claim, I am just point out your hypocrisy!

You have a great skill for sidestepping issues, and blowing hot air.

LOL
OK Buddy, getting to hot in the kitchen for you now is it?

What have I side stepped? You gave some stats in this thread and now they are being used in a way that merits the reason for the stats in the first place, you don't like it! its ok I get it! your backed into a corner now as you provided evidence that actually went a different way than you expected.

As someone already said to you, your posts are more like "Word Salad" with no substance!

Actually I'm not your buddy. I only copied and pasted some stats from a youtube poster to convey a point, and you took my stats to convey your own point. I decided to blame the absence of the father, you decided to demonise and blame the mother.

And then, you say things didn't go as I expected, I think I did expect too much from you, what a disappointment.

BTW I'm not backed into any corner, I'm being dragged into your corner of triviality, I just won't come silently.

(post by MKMoniker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join