It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When we meet the ones that dominate our life, is it a random occurance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My answer to the post title is, "no".

I used to believe in fate. It sounded good to me, with unseen benevolent forces running the fate system. Angels in charge. I still believe that we are sometimes quietly manipulated towards situations that have a profoundly important implications for our lives.

But now I also believe that we can be quietly manipulated into negative circumstances.

Which is more common? Given the lack of love in this world, I think the second scenario is in control over our world.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What is the difference between a "situation that has a profoundly important implication for our life"
and a "negative circumstance"?

The most profoundly important events in my life were the ones that challenged my fears, my illusions, and my bias's- they were "negative" in the moment, and ended up being "positive" in the long run! The more difficult they were, the more long term benefit they seemed to produce.

I don't have a firm belief on the question posed- I have considered it possible that there is some sort of "fate" or plan, or guidance or something, just because of the above pattern. But won't say I feel sure of that!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I view the negativity as a test.
Endure it to receive the greatest reward, or give in and carry on with a somewhat mundane existence.
The biggest reward I have received is the greatest love of my life. But, it came with consequences that are well worth it.
I was giving a choice in life, when fate dealt me the hand. Give up everything for true love.

No regrets.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I guess I need to address the original question.

When we meet the ones that dominate our life, is it a random occurance?

Depends on the circumstance.
A loved one, a boss, a friend?

Mine was meant to be and we both know it. "loved one"
Twin-flame, soul mate, what ever you want to call it.

When you feel it, you know. Not settling for someone you think you love.

top topics

join