It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Now Calling For Mandatory Voting in the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How would that work in the U.S. ?

Costa Rica would be a good model.

I think they have like 9 parties and none stay in very long that could be a result of their mandatory voting.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Mandatory voting, mandatory vaccines, mandatory military service, myRA, permits for lemonade stands, government monitoring how many miles you drive, how much water you use....... Wtf? I know Obama is a nutjob liberal big gov fascist douchebag but if average Americans even entertain mandatory voting they will forever be beholden to the lesser of two evils political system. How about reducing presidential terms to 4 years and Senate and Rep terms as well. 10 years on the S. Court too! None of this lifer crap!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

How about reducing presidential terms to 4 years

Done.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You have to vote to see. What's in the campaign lies. ..mean promises. .

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What we really need is to have honest, honorable people in office. Voting doesn't matter when their both turds. Think about the message it would be. No one wants one of these....well you know...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

How about reducing presidential terms to 4 years

Done.

I think he meant one term.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

More Insanity from the Mouth of Da Prez . Does this Guy even still know what Country he is the Head of ? Hint.....it's NOT North Korea............
edit on 19-3-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sostratus
How could there be mandatory voting without voter id?

I think you have hit on the goal!

Keep flooding illegals into the country until everyone "Accepts" a national ID or microchip. Hell, the Right will demand it, the Left will present it as a great idea with reasons like this, both sides will push for it.
edit on 19-3-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
First thing Obama will want is mandatory voting as a prerequisite to Citizenship.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Oh wow 2 threads about king obama because he said it might be a good ideal, thanks people great thread.

My cat got worms i hate you obama.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

More Insanity from the Mouth of Da Prez . Does this Guy even still know what Country he is the Head of ? Hint.....it's NOT North Korea............

He has openly said he wished the US were like China, so he could just make laws and make people do things without asking anyone. Oh wait, he already is doing that - "I have a pen"

So now he wants to force everyone to vote, so much for freedom, down the tubes the last 6 years! Gone - poof

Out with freedom and in with totalitarianism

Next thing we know he'll be writing an executive order doing away with presidental term limits and making himself "President for life".

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I back everything up I stated in the previous post . This is a brilliant idea. As stated earlier this would mean some form of voter ID . Now the good part . First you would have to prove you are a citizen. Then to get the ID card you must pass a simple 10 question test on American history and politics. Brilliant.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Endorsing an idea is, well endorsing it. Stating the merits and generally trying to sell it to people.

Calling for something, especially when you are President of the US, is quite another thing altogether.

It's requiring that it be done. I think he was endorsing the idea ONLY.

And he's absolutely right to do so.

Voting rights and a free press are both essential to any and every democracy within a Republic.

Neither is desirable in a dictatorship, corptocracy, plutocracy, nor any other authoritarian regimes.

Wonder where they are going with the canned news, discouraging voting and placing restrictions on voting?

Don't you ever wonder?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There should be fines, imprisonment for elected officials proposing, enacting or ordering unconstitutional laws or legislation because it's an outright violation of solemn oath.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
I don't particularly see bad from his comments. I don't like any presidents but he has a point. Less and less are voting and more and more money decides elections. People get the government they deserve under a democracy.

Obama never has a point that is good for us. Less people are voting because more people are realizing it doesn't matter who you vote for. And never will.

He's not a dummy. He knows why fewer people are voting. This is about something else. I don't know what but they must have some other reason for wanting to force people to vote.

Nevertheless, the man continues to creep me out every time he opens his mouth. I thought Bush gave me the willies but this guy.....
edit on 19-3-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Talking at a town hall meeting, Obama says mandatory voting would be good.

He cited a few things like maybe the money impact on elections would ease, but the standout statement was:

"It would be transformative if everybody voted"

(new word "transformative")

Transformative alright.

I wonder what the IRS fines would be for not voting?

Always something with Obama.

You have to read the ballot so you can find out who to vote for !!

Obama Now Calling For Mandatory Voting in the U.S.

On Wednesday, Barack Obama was speaking at a town-hall event in Cleveland, Ohio when he openly endorsed the idea of mandatory voting laws.

The President mentioned the idea while in a dialogue about putting restraints on the influence that campaign donations and finances have on U.S. elections.

“It would be transformative if everybody voted,” said the politician who raised over a billion – with a B – dollars during each of his two presidential runs. “That would counteract [campaign] money more than anything. If everybody voted, then it would completely change the political map in this country.”

How would that work in the U.S. ?

As you may know.. this thread was already brought up! ( so weired... it's not there now.. so I'll comment here )

But..

It's still happening.
Me! If this is the case. I'm running.

NO CANDIDATE IS WORTHY. THEY STINK ON ICE. THIS IS TOTAL CONTROL.... IT'S ILLEGAL ... ( SO MANY ANARCHISTS SCENARIOS COME TO MIND NOW! ).

Putin is less of a control freak!

edit on 19-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: drugs re bad..mmmmkayyyyy

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
So the President "mentions" how if everybody was required to vote that it would transforn our election system. So of course somebody turns that into Obama calling mandatory voting. Does anybody anything beyond sill titles any more. Clearly if everybody had to vote we would have a very different system. Nobody could gather enough money to target everybody. Things debates and policy would be decision makers instead of comercials about as factual as this threads subject. Of course the more people that vote the better the DNC does being more appealing to the center while the GOP prefers less voters so they can target an active base. So of course the DNC would like this idea and the GOP hate it.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
So the President "mentions" how if everybody was required to vote that it would transforn our election system. So of course somebody turns that into Obama calling mandatory voting.

Well, you know how it goes with Obama. Obama talking about "universal healthcare" and promising a healthcare plan without an individual mandate turned into a draconian decree to buy insurance immediately after he was elected. I guess people are trying to read between the lines when Obama speaks. And who can blame them?

Does anybody anything beyond sill titles any more. Clearly if everybody had to vote we would have a very different system. Nobody could gather enough money to target everybody.

I hope you don't really believe they need more money to control a country they already own. Newsflash. The American public could be manipulated with a feather even if everyone over 18 had to vote.

It doesn't matter who you vote for. It just plain doesn't matter. Politics is the dirtiest game that has ever existed and it always will be. It's unfixable. And it's not as if this liar and deceiver in chief would even try to fix the game that has been so good to him anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Voting is compulsory by law in Australia. The argument goes that it makes it harder for special interest groups to control the outcome of elections. Personally I don't mind the idea at all. New Zealand doesn't have compulsory voting. I would never want to see elections brought by a cheque book in Australia or New Zealand. Interestingly what stands out in New Zealand is that permanent residents can vote if they so choose. Australia follows most countries around the world in reserving voting as a right for citizens only.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Funny your source is "The Daily Sheeple"! LOL! They sound like sheeple, to me...

Instead of reading about this statement Obama made, I listened to it, so I wouldn't have other people's (or Sheeples) INTERPRETATION of it.

"In Australia and some other countries, there's mandatory voting. It would be transformative if everybody voted -- that would counteract money more than anything. If everybody voted, then it would completely change the political map in this country, because the people who tend not to vote are young; they’re lower income; they’re skewed more heavily towards immigrant groups and minority groups; and they’re often the folks who are — they’re scratching and climbing to get into the middle class. And they’re working hard, and there’s a reason why some folks try to keep them away from the polls. We should want to get them into the polls. So that may end up being a better strategy in the short term.

Source

So, everything he said is 100% true... He's not CALLING for mandatory voting, REQUIRING everyone vote, or in ANY way, suggesting we make a law that everyone has to vote.

But the right wing, right on cue, takes something he says, puts their insane political spin on it and runs with it... SO transparent! And so childish!
edit on 3/20/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join