It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's trickling out you rear end... It's all verbal diarrhoea!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Aaaahhhhhh!!!!

You're so on the money (pun obvs)!

Yes, what a wonderful government the UK has, it is about to force working people to do a minimum amount of hours, thus there will be growth in the childcare sector, this in turn will lead to growth in the number of £%^& up kids requiring mental health, social services, police intervention, because Mummy wasn't there to keep them straight!

When are people going to realise the kids are the future, working every hour they force you to, is not what your kids will thank you for.

It's all sooo wrong, I am so angry.

P.s, I know I have said this beofre on another thread and apologise for repeating myself, I'm sure I don't need to convince any of you, but hey, let's rant!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well, it certainly flows fast and rapid down from the middle and upper middle class, gaining momentum and magnitude as it goes.

Politicians are all firm believers in Trickle Down economics... the only disagreements involve whether or not that flow should be suctioned forcibly out or allowed to flow purely on marketplace gravity factors.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I was watching a documentary recently on BBC that highlighted the falsity behind Thatcher's trickle down initiative...

But it was full of such vapid creatures I could barely concentrate amidst the linguistics they spout to keep the watcher docile to the actual agenda.

If I remember the name of the show I'll post it up.

To say it's all a game, is quite an understatement.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I'm unversed in UK taxation and economic manipulation, but the USA presently has a very dangerous storm brewing. The wealth redistribution by taxation scam in the US seems to reward failure and irresponsibility while punishing success, except for a series of loopholes that can be manipulated by the very wealthy to reduce their real tax burdens. Those loopholes are at a high enough monetary threshold that you have to be upper upper middle class to take advantage of them.

This is leaving the backbone of America, the true middle class making between $50 and $150K per year per family absolutely crushed with the burden of subsidizing the lives of everyone that falls below that range, but also expected to pony up full price for the crap provided by everybody above that range.

True story: A few months ago my wife was talking with another parent at our childrens' school. It's a non-traditional charter school that has detatched itself from the broken piece of machinery American public schools have become. We cannot afford private schooling, but this is the next best thing. Anyway, as a charter school, there are some programs the publi schools offer which this school can't afford, such as free lunch programs for low income families. The lady my wife was talking with drives a much newer vehicle than we do, has the new iPhone, dresses her children in clothes that have little aligators and Polo players on them, etc... she made a comment about what a strain providing lunch for her kids has been and how nice it was at their previous (public) school to get the tax-payer funded free lunch for the kids. She then said something along the lines of "Well, I bet you miss that from when your son was in public school, too?" to my wife. We didn't qualify for any of that because our single income household makes too much money to hit the limit, just like we didn't qualify for any subsidized rent, no subsidized home loan, no food stamps, no medical insurance programs that I don't have to pay nearly a $1,000 a month for, nothing, zip, zilch... as a result, my quality of life while making significantly more than the people who do qualify for those programs, is lower than the quality of life of the folks whose lives I'm subsidizing.

I realize not every one of those subsidized people fall into the category of "living the dream on somebody else's wages", but enough do for me to have a very bitter, spiteful viewpoint on the system. I don't want trickle down, I don't want trickle up, I want a world where a man negotiates what he and his employer agree is a fair wage, and then works for that wage, afterward not having to deal with a series of grubby mitts reaching into his wallet and pocket, that man retains his wage to utilize as he sees fit. I believe in Darwinian economic theory: If someone cannot support themself, then that is a personal problem, not the concerns of the masses and certainly not a reason to start grubbing in every wage earner's pocket demanding their blood, sweat, and tears to subsidize yet another person's responsibilities.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I believe in Darwinian economic theory: If someone cannot support themself, then that is a personal problem, not the concerns of the masses and certainly not a reason to start grubbing in every wage earner's pocket demanding their blood, sweat, and tears to subsidize yet another person's responsibilities.

Not to drift too far off topic, but does that include the elderly, disabled and struggling young single parents (I say parents because in this day and age that could be a single mother or single father)?

Or are you speaking of those who just refuse to get off their arse and work?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I believe in Darwinian economic theory: If someone cannot support themself, then that is a personal problem, not the concerns of the masses and certainly not a reason to start grubbing in every wage earner's pocket demanding their blood, sweat, and tears to subsidize yet another person's responsibilities.

Not to drift too far off topic, but does that include the elderly, disabled and struggling young single parents (I say parents because in this day and age that could be a single mother or single father)?

Or are you speaking of those who just refuse to get off their arse and work?

Leave the guy alone, he knows not what he says.
I love the irony of this 'trickle down' malarkey, since it comes from the biggest paid prostitutes in the country er'm....paid by us.

edit on 19-3-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It's kinda like a big ol' bucket of water with tiny tiny holes in it, the rain falls into the bucket but only the tiniest slivers trickle down out of the bucket and onto the ground while the vast majority stays in the bucket. We're on the ground, those in power are in the bucket. The bucket keeps getting fuller and fuller while we at the bottom get the bare minimum.

Trickle down economics sounds about right to me. We keep creating more and more money and debt while the money that's being made is kept at the top and we at the bottom get tiny droplets here and there.

The thing is though, we at the bottom are holding the bucket up and when everything crashes, down we're the ones who are going to get squished.
edit on 3/20/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Trickle down economics like communism is of course ideal on paper but never works because people have free will (to save, spend overseas, not produce, etc.) and in the case of trickle down, it only works if capital is spent consistently and spent HERE. Since most of the money is flowing overseas, trickle down will not work here.

Trickle down works great for China as the recipient of American wealth. So, I guess you can say trickle down works but not for our people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join