It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier killed Iraqi teenager after sex

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is just sickening don�t you think?

A US national guardsman who pleaded guilty to killing a 17-year-old Iraqi soldier said he shot the young man after they had consensual sex in a guard tower, a newspaper reported today, citing court-martial records.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Yeah, disgusting. We're occupying the entire country, not just the men, You'd think he could have hit up a woman. I mean, geeze. If it had been a woman, he wouldn't have had to kill the Iraqi because nobody would care. Though, I do wonder if anyone would've really cared that much (or even find out) about the sex if he hadn't killed his "partner."

Rediculous...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2
Though, I do wonder if anyone would've really cared that much (or even find out) about the sex if he hadn't killed his "partner."

Rediculous...

The killing part is what makes me wonder if the sex was consensual.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

[edit on 22-12-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Originally posted by SkyFox2
Though, I do wonder if anyone would've really cared that much (or even find out) about the sex if he hadn't killed his "partner."

Rediculous...

The killing part is what makes me wonder if the sex was consensual.

yup

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Now that's what you call Angry Love!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Brings new meaning to dont ask dont tell huh?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
cmon, give some respect here you jokers. geesh. And I think the US is just gonna get more for this.

Good deads don't go unpunished, but bad ones...they aren't forgotten.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
And if an iraqi soldier did that to your women...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeing_double

It was done to a young boy not a woman.
And most likely if the roles were reverse they probably would of killed him instead of raping him. The US and Europe is just about the only place where homosexuality is excepted in society. I doubt that muslim men particapate in homosexual acts.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The US and Europe is just about the only place where homosexuality is excepted in society. I doubt that muslim men particapate in homosexual acts.

Hmmmm, I didn't realize that homosexuality was limited by religous beliefs. I can't speak about Europe, however in the US headlines you read about hate crimes towards not just ethnic, and religous scenarios, but sexual orientation as well.
Bottom line is - the kid was killed - senseless.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I blame the unit commanders for this stuff. They obviously aren�t running a tight ship. Bad management, pure and simple. Some troops feel that they can get away with this sort of thing, that�s the commanders fault.

But I will also note, that statistically this is all but inevitable. If you took 150,000 men and studied them under normal conditions within society, this sort of thing will still happen unfortunately. Crime happens. This isn�t an Iraqi thing per say, its a man with a mental disorder thing. This guy would have done this to somebody eventually any where he was.

Its unfortunate that it happened at all, but especially in Iraq, the US really cant afford anymore negative press like this.

(Note: I dont think that being Gay is the crime, its the sexual assault followed by murder that I am reffering too, so hold your flames)

[edit on 21-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is unbelievable...wait! NO, I can believe it. After the prison torture scandel, I can believe it. It must be absolutely horrible over there. IT seems as if lawlessness prevails. Where is our soldiers honor? Who is in charge? Having sex in the tower? Why did he feel the need to murder him afterward? Maybe to cover up another crime?

This is just more shame to America. I, for one, feel very ashamed of all that has happened there. I used to feel proud to be an American.

Now I guess we will have more Al Queda retaliations, kidnappings and beheadings?

I need to puke.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why these soldiers can't just find a quiet place and stroke it. Same thing goes for prison inmates. I am heterosexual. If I had to choose between a boy's/man's anus or my hand, I would choose my hand. Is there something I'm missing here? Are they just looking for a warm hole or something? Forced male on male rape is something I will never understand.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Problem is, the political jusitification for them being there in the first place was to do GOOD.

That the "allied" troops were supposed to be the ones making all the sacrifices for the Iraqi people.

Now, if you go in on such a high moral ground (whether be it true or not), then, for every wrong any one of the troops commits, the scale of the wrong (big or small) will be magnified many times over.

No one can blame the additional level of condemnation.

Granted, the troops are normal and ordinary human beings, capable of doing good and bad. But unfortunately, these troops also have a moral badge (which badge already suffers from real credibility problems on its own) emplazoned on their foreheads by their political leaders and commander-in-chief.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420

Originally posted by seeing_double

It was done to a young boy not a woman.
And most likely if the roles were reverse they probably would of killed him instead of raping him. The US and Europe is just about the only place where homosexuality is excepted in society. I doubt that muslim men particapate in homosexual acts.

That post was pretty pathetic. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, probably, likely, maybe. As for muslim men participating in homosexual acts, are you aware that in Afghanistan it is not uncommon for men to be seen walking around with a young boy groomed for sex? There was a saying I read once "a woman for babies, a man for pleasure".

I also read that British marines patrolling through towns had Afghani men in make-up come out and try to flirt with them:

Startled marines find Afghan men all made up to see them

BRITISH marines returning from an operation deep in the Afghan mountains spoke last night of an alarming new threat - being propositioned by swarms of gay local farmers.

An Arbroath marine, James Fletcher, said: "They were more terrifying than the al-Qaeda. One bloke who had painted toenails was offering to paint ours. They go about hand in hand, mincing around the village."

While the marines failed to find any al-Qaeda during the seven-day Operation Condor, they were propositioned by dozens of men in villages the troops were ordered to search.

"We were pretty shocked," Marine Fletcher said. "We discovered from the Afghan soldiers we had with us that a lot of men in this country have the same philosophy as ancient Greeks: �a woman for babies, a man for pleasure�."

Originally, the marines had sent patrols into several villages in the mountains near the town of Khost, hoping to catch up with al-Qaeda suspects who last week fought a four-hour gun battle with soldiers of the Australian SAS. The hardened troops, their faces covered in camouflage cream and weight down with weapons, radios and ammunition, were confronted with Afghans wanting to stroke their hair.

"It was hell," said Corporal Paul Richard, 20. "Every village we went into we got a group of men wearing make-up coming up, stroking our hair and cheeks and making kissing noises."

Gay Afghanistan
Kandahar's Lightly Veiled Homosexual Habits
American Arrested in Afghanistan on Suspicion of Homosexuality

2 minute google search. You might like to try it sometime.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by cargo]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
HAHA! Man, that gay farmer piece was possibly one of the funniest articles I've read in a while.

I've gotta say, it was the fact there was a sexual act before the murder that shocked me the most. The murder is somethign I have (unfortunately) come to expect, but the fact that it was after sex? If it was consensual, then the soldier used the boy like a piece of meat and then murdered him cold bloodedly, and if it was rape then that's just horrific too.

Parts of Asia have accepted homosexuality for years. Ever wondered how Bangkok got a reputation for ladyboys?

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Amarillo_Brice]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
They should put this on arab news channe,l it's should gather another 10,000 foregein fighters.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I blame the unit commanders for this stuff. They obviously aren�t running a tight ship. Bad management, pure and simple. Some troops feel that they can get away with this sort of thing, that�s the commanders fault.

But I will also note, that statistically this is all but inevitable. If you took 150,000 men and studied them under normal conditions within society, this sort of thing will still happen unfortunately. Crime happens. This isn�t an Iraqi thing per say, its a man with a mental disorder thing. This guy would have done this to somebody eventually any where he was.

Commander part...
I agree

Second part
I disagree
Doesn't anyone remember the study done on university students, where they were placed in jail, and some of their best friends were the jail guards? ended up beating them, had to cancel the study? Ya. I think that's what's happenening. Position of power. Power corrupts. But no excuse! That man had to have been evil to do that! I think he should be publically hung in Iraq. No joke. Hang him!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
humanoidcontent,

I do remember that study, was very interesting. But I think my point is, if you took a cross section of 150,000 random males in regular society, there would be instances of crime and illegal acts, even of this nature. Maybe a very small percentage, but 150k is enough of a sampling probably to see some strange stuff. Now throw in the stresses of war, and the position of power you mention and instances get amplified. So, if this guy had a pre disposition for violence, the odds are good that he would have done this no matter what someplace else.

I bet if we had real statistics of the quantity of acts like this and crimes in general committed by US troops in Iraq I bet it would equate to far less than a percent of troop participation. Take those same 150,000 guys and unleash them onto society and I bet the percentage is higher.

I guess my point is, things like this, as horrible as it is, are bound to happen if you have these massive numbers of people involved, especially under stressfull conditions. I also think that the percentages would be higher if the vast majority of the troops werent as diciplined and in regular society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join