It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Females: Why do you wear make-up?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

This might help some from the perspective of someone who wears it.

I personally almost never wear makeup. My skin doesn't react well to it for the most part, and I realized that I was wearing more and more makeup to cover up the blemishes it was causing, so I quit.

I do wear makeup for special occasions like a job interview or a wedding or similar. But I can't stand the way it makes my face feel like there's a layer of gunk on it.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
How on earth did we go from make-up issues, then slowly descended into scented women's farts? smh

I smell a conspiracy. (Pun intended)

Only on ATS

I believe the order was makeup.....perfume.......farts.......and tampons where in there some where as well.

we also had incense, burning crosses, ground moles, hairy Indian women, robert palmer, bigfoot, unicorns, and blowing smoke rings while wearing high heal and dropping f bombs.

thats a brief summary so far.

please keep the thread serious.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Same reason I dye my hair "crazy" colours...
I love colour.
Too boring with nothing.
For me, its all about style lol.

edit on 19-3-2015 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Not as if I'm going to get together with any women(life is screwy enough and a relationship would kill me) but make up is the least of my concerns these days unless the girl is taking the Tammy Faye approach.

Tattoos, now, I find incredibly unsexy. I don't have them, don't need them nor do I want to have to read my girl, literally. Yet they are the new thing and everyone seems to have them.

Again, not as I have to worry as I'm actively trying to avoid the other sex but I do still like to look and it kinda sucks these days.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. I hate makeup (well, when i notice it lol). I think most women look far better without it & it seems more like a mask or ritual to me. Like, they only feel like they can face the world if they wear a mask. Maybe that's where us guys have to step in & repeatedly tell the women in our lives that they're beautiful as is. Then maybe they wouldn't feel the need to use it to feel attractive.

Wow, just realized how sexist that sounds... Ok I don't know why all women wear makeup, so some probably just like how it looks. I'm just saying that women shouldn't ever feel like they have to wear it.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I feel the same way. Now I am a man so I dont wear makeup. But I do wear a mask from time to time when making my rounds at the local playgrounds in my blacked out van.

but its the same thing. special occasions, special circumstances etc. etc.

link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I don't mind small tattoos. Tramp stamps and being covered in tats is a different story.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Autorico because: clarity

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

I did a double take when you said " Now I am a man". thought it said "now that I'm a man" lol

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Which one are you so I can warn my kid?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
do any of you women have any tips I can give my wife? I want her to look and sound like Zuul The gatekeeper from ghostbusters. Not the demon dog but the Sigourney Weaver version voice and all.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Which one are you so I can warn my kid?

The one with the Obama mask of course. You would be surprised how many little children want to meet you.

winter time I play santa at the local mall LOL.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Most early divorces happen after the wedding night, when the husband wakes up and sees his wife without makeup.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
all you all natural folks...

Cameron Diaz..... with or without makeup

you make the call

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Makeup can enhance a women's beauty. It's like clothing, you can wear jeans and a t-shirt and sneakers or you can wear a pretty blouse and pants and pretty shoes. One is going to look better than the other. It's like jewelry or any accessory, it makes you looks better and it's fun.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's all in the name. Make up. Make up for what nature didn't give you. Eyes too close together. Accentuate the outer corner. Got a wide nose. Shade the sides a bit to make it appear narrower. Lips to small. Line just at the outer edge to make them appear fuller.
Women have been wearing makeup for thousands of years. You're not going to change that just by asking this question.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Umm don't all divorces happen after the wedding night?

a reply to: Heruactic

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

How on earth did we go from make-up issues, then slowly descended into scented women's farts? smh

Only on ATS

It took me a second, but awesome pun.

Btw, you're supposed to say "Pun fully intended."

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
She looked way better without it. & that's always been my main talking point is how it just compounds the complexion problem.

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

Only on ATS

I believe the order was makeup.....perfume.......farts.......and tampons where in there some where as well.

we also had incense, burning crosses, ground moles, hairy Indian women, robert palmer, bigfoot, unicorns, and blowing smoke rings while wearing high heal and dropping f bombs.

thats a brief summary so far.

please keep the thread serious.

Ah, ATS in a nutshell.

I would say lets veer off of the topic of passing gas, but I fear it would spark more of it (pun fully intended?)

I still vote we change the thread name to "women, can't live with em, can't live without em"
edit on 19-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
My Mother wore make up when she was younger. She stopped when she was maybe in her early 70's. She was living full time in Florida and I think the climate just made it uncomfortable for her. She never wore it heavily.
I wore a lot more make up when I was younger. I think that is probably the norm? Most women tend to wear less as they age.
My oldest daughter started wearing foundation and mascara at around 15. She has had some issues with her skin and it made her feel more confident to "hide" what she perceived as flaws.
My youngest daughter is very athletic and sort of a tomboy and she thinks make up is gross...
It seems as if men think that women wear make up primarily to attract them. That may be the case with some women but, others wear it to accentuate their natural beauty or hide their perceived flaws for themselves and their women friends as well. You know, we women look at ourselves occasionally also.

Maybe some women were never taught the proper way to apply make up or what hues go with their skin tone. There are certain brands that are better than others for certain skin types.

To me it is sort of like a man who chooses to shave when the "natural" state of a man's face is to be bearded...
Why do we choose contacts over glasses? It is all about what makes us feel better or what we perceive is more attractive whether to someone else or just ourselves.

Just my two cents!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join