It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Females: Why do you wear make-up?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I wonder why these men wear makeup, in secret, of course.

www.gurl.com...

A new survey reports that men makeup habits are more prevalent than most of us thought. 11 percent of dudes wear makeup in secret, probably to enhance their natural beauty. Fair enough–if we can cover up our zits, why can’t they? About half of those guys said they wore makeup regularly, but 21 percent wore it everyday. Every. Day. You know what that means? If he complains about makeup on his pillowcase, it may not necessarily have come off of your face. But it may well have come out of your bag.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

To mess with facial recognition software of course!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

LOL charmer you.

Honestly, could be just because they were from smaller towns, and I was "new" LOL
And I actually met the current one, through the first one. Sounds terrible, but wasn't. First was an abuser.

And to the girls that do. Where you all raised in homes with moms that wore it, and "made" you wear it too? I wonder if that has anything to do with a girls choice to wear it. We were raised where it was available, but not forced. My sister wears it, I don't.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia
a reply to: Eunuchorn

when women don't know what to do with heels I do admit is tragedy

Some woman don't need to know what to do with them, also alcohol is the best beauty enhancer like Evvvvvah!

edit on 19-3-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I bet it was that nice shiny gold ring you were thinking about doing it with

*sorry about this joke

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

face paint ..

we got to have a hobby

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
And to the girls that do. Where you all raised in homes with moms that wore it, and "made" you wear it too? I wonder if that has anything to do with a girls choice to wear it. We were raised where it was available, but not forced. My sister wears it, I don't.

My mom used to try to pressure me when I was a teenager, "Come on, you'll look more polished & pretty!" She never seemed to listen when I'd complain about the foundation making my face itchy, she just bought other brands and wasted a lot of money trying to "find" a useable one for me. What I did do, however, was buy silver lipstick & eyeshadow, and drove her crazy for one school year. "What will everyone think if they see you like this?! A weirdo, that's what they're going to think." No one ever said anything beyond "hey, neat looking shades, where'd you get those?"

I still don't wear any, and she still tries to pressure me into wearing some, "You could at least try to look presentable, you look frumpy. Makeup helps with that." Nah, I pluck my eyebrows once in a while, that's all I need to look polished up. I'm no runway model, but I don't need to tr to look like one, either. Self-confidence, it works.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Can you blow smoke rings? I as a smoker feel this is a necessity!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

"silver lipstick & eyeshadow" hawt

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
I said in my reply I just wear eye liner and mascara and red lipstick when I go out.. And that's just sometimes.
But I did grow up with my mom caking her face on every morning... I never understood, cause I thought she was beautiful without it. When I was younger I would wear a lil base to cover zits but then I realized the make up was causing more zits! So I stopped. An my skin cleared up!!

My son truly doesn't like when I put the lil makeup on. He's only 9, but he thinks it's silly. And maybe he's just right!!!

link   
a reply to: Autorico

yes but only with sisha

link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: Realtruth

LOL charmer you.

Honestly, could be just because they were from smaller towns, and I was "new" LOL
And I actually met the current one, through the first one. Sounds terrible, but wasn't. First was an abuser.

When I was 15, I lived with a foster family and the mother was bat crap crazy. She had a miscarriage when she was younger and I guess her daughter would have been around my age when I was placed with them.

This crazy bat tried to turn me into a barbie doll! I already had sandy blonde hair but, she had it dyed a really blonde blonde. She gave me lessons on how to put on eyeliner and mascara and would go nuts if I didn't wear it. Oh, and don't get me started on the red lip stick! That was a must!

I was a real tom boy still and it just didn't work for me. Needless to say, she didn't keep me around for very long.

Now, as an adult, I'm back to my natural hair color and will never wear red lipstick or eyeliner ever again

Partly choice and partly because I hated being made to wear it.
edit on 19-3-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: *dyed...not died. duh!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

My mother has always been vain & always plasters her make-up on even if she never steps outside, "If the house burns down or I have to call the paramedics, I want to look nice for the responders! < wink >" .

Reading that made me sick to my stomach. I seriously can't stand such conditioned mentality.
Is your mom considered baby boomer?

originally posted by: MimiSia
a reply to: Atsbhct

my mum would not let me take out rubbish if I wasn't wearing make up!!!
If I did I would get an hour lecture what would neighbors think about me if they saw me

Ugh, you poor girl
)/:
Raised by such long term conditioned parents sounds terrible.

originally posted by: Autorico

Yup, fake blonde is BORING.

It's a rampant epidemic here in Socal.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: Can't begin to describe how annoying it is to edit quotes & quote multiple ppl in a single reply when using ATSmobile lol

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Reading that made me sick to my stomach. I seriously can't stand such conditioned mentality.
Is your mom considered baby boomer?

Yep, she's a boomer. I noticed years ago that her boomer friends also shared that kind of asinine always-be-primped mentality. What were their parents teaching them back then?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: InTheLight

To mess with facial recognition software of course!

Good luck with proving that.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Kind of like this;
Black mascara...Check
Eye Liner...Check
Red Lipstick...Check

Its all there

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

that is why I am hot blooded
and a REBEL

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

This.

I don't want to notice makeup. And to you ladies that cake on enough that I can smell it when you walk buy....please stop. It is obvious some women learned how to apply makeup while at clown school.

We all have imperfections. All of us. Imperfections are what attract me to someone. The cellulite on the thighs. a few pockmarks on the face. I tend to find the most plain women to be the most beautiful. LIke when a woman is sweaty and her hair is flying away while she chases her kids around wearing shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt.

Anyway....i am a "no makeup" kind of guy. Or, at the very least, reduced makeup. Like aboutface says: if you do it right, ill never notice.

(post by Autorico removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join