It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Females: Why do you wear make-up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There was a brief moment in the 60's when the "no-make up look" became fashionable.
The immediate result was that somebody brought out a range of "no make-up look" make-up, designed to be invisible.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

i ment anything that women have not just make up tools

is funny to watch when u find our staff laying around

never ending cute questions

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

If a guy doesn't know what a tampon is & you find that adorable, then I'm at a complete loss lol

Or do you mean only make up tools? I wasn't even aware there were more than 2 or 3. Maybe just because thinking that there could be more than that makes me nauseous.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

what would u say if u found this

static1.squarespace.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I guess now that I think about it in regards to girls and make up it comes down to one question, would you rather have pin stripes or flames on your car?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Purple eye dropper?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

tampon applicator
edit on 19-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Polka dots. Definitely, definitely polka dots.

@ Mimi,
Id ask,
"When did tampons get so convenient?"

Wait, that purple thing wasn't a makeup tool? & here I thought I was being witty.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
did you know that certain types of make up styles will keep the person from being recognized by facial recognition software?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

ATS should market this kind of make up! umm not that I'd buy it... cause I'm a dude...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

my mum collects stuff for me
if u looked into my bag she made me
u would think I am doing surgery

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Bro, if you use it correctly no one would ever know you're even wearing it!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I usually don't except special occasions (in the last month I put make-up on once to go out to eat) the reason I did it/do it is because if done properly make-up will accentuate your already existing features making you look a bit prettier.. when I do it it's for that reason, to look a bit prettier...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

If a guy doesn't know what a tampon is & you find that adorable, then I'm at a complete loss lol

Or do you mean only make up tools? I wasn't even aware there were more than 2 or 3. Maybe just because thinking that there could be more than that makes me nauseous.

This is for you Bro

edit on 19-3-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Sometimes make up is just for fun. It can be a decoration, or something akin to war paint. As women, we have been brainwashed our entire lives that we must, at all times, look pretty for men; and some men might dispute this, but I think that's the average woman's experience. Do your hair, do your make-up, lose a little weight, cross your legs on the subway so men can have space enough to open theirs as wide as they can.

Don't get me wrong, because I have no issues with men in general, and I love wearing make up when I feel like it, but our love of decorating ourselves stems from years and years of trends and advertising and social conditioning. Even tribes of people who have never seen a television or a glossy magazine will often decorate themselves in some way. Maybe it's just ingrained in us all.

Per my experience, and this is no way a generalization of all men, each of the en I previously dated to overtly stated that they "hated when women wore make up" or "hated women who wore make-up", had all met me when I was wearing some level of make-up, each turned out to be slightly controlling and idealistic. Again, that's only my experience.

edit on 19-3-2015 by Atsbhct because: Fixed error.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Some women are beautiful with or without make-up. But you have to be honest, sometimes make-up gives that added wow factor in a guy's eyes. The side-by-side here really brings out this young ladies eyes. I guess it really comes down to the eye of the beholder.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

or this (view with descretion )

s3.amazonaws.com...

this is what it is

crave.tilt.com...
edit on 19-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Why don't those nails have pointy tips?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I actually don't like makeup on a woman. I know that since women don't like to eat certain foods, they put certain nutrients on their skin to be absorbed. Some of that makeup supplies the skin with nutrients. Retinol is one of them as is some of the stuff to make proper collagen and elastins. Not many women like to eat liver anymore and that has Retinol in it. Also zinc is in some of those makeups and creams, it actually gets absorbed through the skin or is on their hands when they eat.

There is a lot of bad stuff in some makeups too. Clogging lymph drains is not a good idea. Plumping the skin is also not so good, a lot of biproducts of metabolism are supposed to be detoxed through the skin.

Like I said, I think makeup looks fake, I can see putting a dab on occasionally to cover a zit, but not the way some people wear it continuously. Another thing that is not good is having contacts in all day. I do not find glasses unattractive at all. But in the minds of women they think they need these things. They are well conditioned.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Some women are beautiful with or without make-up. But you have to be honest, sometimes make-up gives that added wow factor in a guy's eyes. The side-by-side here really brings out this young ladies eyes. I guess it really comes down to the eye of the beholder.

The one on the left looks much better.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join