It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Females: Why do you wear make-up?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

you fooled me in first few sentences !!!!!
I thought omg who did I replied to again
gotta seriously start paying at tension

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

will check out link on my lunch break, which I am going on now. Will be back in 1 hour for more fun.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

well I don't know where to send my resume

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Yes you do.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I mean here on OkStupids

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Transexuals could probably teach most women a thing or two about makeup application.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 20-3-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I laugh at this concept.

Every time my husband looks into my eyes and says 'I can't believe how beautiful you are without makeup" I know I have a lick of skin blemish smoother, a dusting of blush, a swish of mascara and smack of lip gloss.

Whatever guys, whatever. Fools.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

That's why I specifically tell women either they look prettier than usual (but only if I really thought that) or that they would look better without makeup.

If they are wearing no makeup, it's an awesome compliment, if they are only wearing a little makeup, it's still a compliment, Ya know, more or less.

Both are a compliment hidden in an insult, which doesn't give women this power of thinking "haha, little does he know!"

& no one can deny that women respond well to compliments & insults.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I'm not really a makeup person. I only wear a bit of eye shadow and mascara to enhance what I was given naturally. I don't do the foundation thing and am fine with just a bit of subtle color because it's relaxing to apply and makes me feel a bit "prettier" when I do, so I guess it's mostly a self-esteem thing on my part.

It's subtle enough you can't really tell.....which is a relief because my hubby doesn't like heavy makeup.

I always make sure it passes the Husband Test before leaving the house.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

omg u are a woman?
so sorry
u have such a beautiful personality from what I read your stuff
I admire your life stories
honest I can tell you are a beautiful creature without looking at you

make up no make up
edit on 21-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

edit on 21-3-2015 by MimiSia because: obvious statement- so delete

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Heres my take on the story above. She was just as much a woman as the other contestants in that contest. They should have let her compete that year.

If the contest is judging that person on their woman hood then I feel she of all the contestants put the most effort into being a woman and all that comes along with it. Basically if a person goes through all that effort to become a woman it's not fair to say she isn't one when she clearly feels and acts every bit as much or more so then the other women competing in the contest.

The women and judges should have embraced her journey and her for what she accomplished (the women probably did, the only ones who wouldn't I think were either threatened by her looks and were feeling too competitive) . And for just being herself, which is what really should have counted more in that contest by the competition organizers than whether she was born decades ago with a penis instead of a vagina.

My very first best friend that I have had since kindergarden is a lesbian. It wasn't something she chose to become. She was clearly born that way. When we were 5 or so she would wear mens cloths and could out compete with the boys in sports. She was not being a tomboy but simply herself. She was born a guy in a girls body. She's very masculine to this day and basically has the male role with her relationship with her wife. If she chose to get a sex change and came to me and said guess what I'm a guy now and had boy bits down there I would fully accept that and call her a man or whatever it is she wanted to be called. It's not so strange to me. So I say the transgender woman in the article posted should have been accepted as a women for the contests purposes and have been allowed to compete that year. Like I said if any of the women were complaining it's probably because they were jealous that she was prettier then them.

And she also could teach plenty of women a thing or two about makeup application.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

edit on 3/22/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I'm not really a makeup person. I only wear a bit of eye shadow and mascara to enhance what I was given naturally. I don't do the foundation thing and am fine with just a bit of subtle color because it's relaxing to apply and makes me feel a bit "prettier" when I do, so I guess it's mostly a self-esteem thing on my part.

It's subtle enough you can't really tell.....which is a relief because my hubby doesn't like heavy makeup.

I always make sure it passes the Husband Test before leaving the house.

Your husband is a fortunate man.

And thanks for the heart-felt and informative input.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Self confidence is key... a self confident woman without makeup is prettier/more attractive than a woman with only make-up and no confidence any day of the week..

I don't do liquid foundation - at all. When I do happen to wear make-up I use that physicians formula powder. Liquid foundation is like slathering crap on your face and usually looks like it too.. but this powder is much different, much more natural both looking and feeling.

If you ever decide to do make-up for a special occasion, I do recommend this - the type of thing is available in higher end brands as well, but I find this brand works well..

a reply to: Eunuchorn

I did not marry most men - thank God.
edit on 22-3-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Men don't feel ugly without paint, clearly it is something women have been made to feel over time just like all styles by Men. I feel all of these things are meant to control Women and basically make us feel not as good as men. High hills or food binding it is all from the same source and for the same reasons.

I don't wear makeup, I feel beautiful and healthy looking and mu husband agrees.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Men don't feel ugly without paint

Maybe because we look ugly with it.

edit on 22-3-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Men don't feel ugly without paint

Maybe because we look ugly with it.

True!"Cringe!"

But I must add many women look way worse in it also than without.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join