It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs posted on at least 6 businesses in Austin say "Exclusively for white people only"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Maybe it's just another "Race Together" campaign from Starbucks to...you know..."keep the conversation going".

www.npr.org...

Or, maybe Austin is being targeted to add to one of those list of 6 cities.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Wow. What a scary way to put a business you don't like out of business. Vandalize it with some racist statements that make the business look racist. As a result, the business loses customers from people who are offended and then from people who are waiting to see if it is a prank or not.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

that sticker is not part of the original it has been photoshopped.

The size on the glass of the window disproportionate to the the manikins. that sticker would be around 2.5 feet across. It is not the one shown in the OP.

edit on 19-3-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If those stickers were on businesses I would bet someone did put them there and not the owners.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
As a personal guess: I'd say it's an Equal Rights protest ---- to make a point.

Texas is trying to pass discrimnation laws ---- disguised as religious freedom.

That businesses can refuse service on religious grounds.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If those stickers were on businesses I would bet someone did put them there and not the owners.

That's the stance that I'm siding with. I just think it is unfortunate that someone would do this knowing full well it is going to call the business' credibility into question.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
my daughter wanted to have her hair done in "Ethnic Braids". the owner was a NOI member and refused to do her hair because she is mixed race. That is right I am married to a ethnic woman

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wonder if the stickers were applied inside like a decal, or stuck on from the outside?

Surely cameras somewhere caught it.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

No.2 Texas is one of those states that is highly charged with
redneck racists. I know of many taverns and barrooms in Texas that
if a black person stumbled into accidently. It could very well
cost him his life. Good reason for the signs.

When you get past the "only whites can be racist" bit come back and talk to me.

I know of several taverns and barrooms in Atlanta, Birmingham, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago and many other places, where a if a white person stumbled into them accidentally it could cost them their life.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Places like that are more dangerous; white racists seem to have a more pronounced fear of legal backlash.

I think I'll start hanging some "Whites Need Not Apply" placards around my local downtown area

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I see a no name politician getting lots of free press and publicity. Hmmm.

Yeah, I'm terribly jaded...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

When you get past the "only whites can be racist" bit come back and talk to me.

I know of several taverns and barrooms in Atlanta, Birmingham, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago and many other places, where a if a white person stumbled into them accidentally it could cost them their life.

I never said the signs were exclusive one way or the other?
But I need only site what we're actually talking about in this
instance. Right? Take my word for it. I'm past it.

I don';t see how your reply makes any sense.
Maybe I should've headlined and used all caps for No.1

No.1 racism will never die because it lives in all of us.

edit on Ram31915v572015u14 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
look at the original picture showing the girl holding the self sticking sticker.

It is no larger than 8 inches and has a pure white boarder

The sticker on the window has a tan boarder and if we understand that the usual manikin is about 3 feet from a window and the person was that close to the 8 inch sticker you would see way less of the manikin as is shown in the supposed store front picture.

The ratio and camera angle and the lack of reflection on the sticker show the picture was manipulated and therefore a fake. And if some one were going to business and putting the stickers up it was for a an agenda.

Having said that some stores are putting limits on how many people enter the store. Does anyone remember the mob thefts ion many stores across the country when (majority of blacks) a 100 teens and early twenties would enter a store and steal everything they could grab and run out the door.

Ever think that there might be a reason for limiting certain profiled people from entering the store?

edit on 19-3-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Texas is a minority majority state. In the US the population of under-18s is predicted to be minority majority within 5 years.

What then?

I live in Austin and when this story broke my first hunch was that it was an activist group attempting to make a point or stir the pot. It definitely had nothing to do with the City of Austin. Someone is driving the wedge, perpetuating the division. Sad.

www.npr.org...

www.texastribune.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Someone is driving the wedge?

Perhaps that's because there is a reason to do so.

Stop the reason.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Thoughts?

A few.

No.1 racism will never die because it lives in all of us.
No.2 Texas is one of those states that is highly charged with
redneck racists. To the MAX. And the signs may not be there
purely out of that racism. It is a fact that they are there as a
warning. I know of many taverns and barrooms in Texas that
if a black person stumbled into accidently. It could very well
cost him his life. Good reason for the signs.

You don't know a damn thing about Texas and you're especially ignorant about Austin. Have you ever spent any time at all in Austin or are you simply talking out of your ass?

"It is a fact that they are there as a warning." Dude, seriously... that's one of the most moronic things I've read on this site.
edit on 3/19/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/19/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
As an Austinite for over 25 years this is most certainly a
type of protest not perpetrated by the business owners.
They are making a point, granted in a weird way but thats Austin.
Certainly the most progressive city in Texas. Black people come and go
into any bars all the time without fear of being attacked.
Now the police..That's another story.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

They'll get to the bottom of it, and then maybe you'll see. I am 99.9% certain this was not posted by a racist person or group, but actually the opposite... which DRIVES THE WEDGE, PERPETUATES DIVISION.

I've lived in Austin for 12 years, and it is a melting pot of very friendly and open people.

I'm not sure what you mean by "stop the reason" when the reason very well could be opposite of what you believe based upon your assumption.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Might be because of this....

Black Panthers march downtown Austin, TX during SXSW chanting slogans supporting killing cops. This is the type of propaganda we saw in Ferguson funded by George Soros. "A pig is a pig that's what I said, the only good pig is a pig that's dead". "Oink! Oink! Bang! Bang!". "Marching down the avenue, 20 more pigs and we'll be through".

Black Panthers Call For Killing of Police During SXSW Armed March

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join