It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs posted on at least 6 businesses in Austin say "Exclusively for white people only"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Racism is alive and well in the 21st century folks. 6 signs were posted on businesses in Austin, Texas saying "exclusively for white people only." My next question is if the businesses were in the know about these signs.

Rep. Dawnna Dukes, D-Austin, posted a message on facebook stating,

“Some jokes are not funny,” she wrote. “If this is a joke at all, it is tasteless. … I will be damned if this will occur in my House District … in this historical black community or any community.”

She wrote that city officials are investigating the origins of the sticker but urged people to not support the store until “ ‘some explaining’ is done.”

“If the explanation is unbelievable …. They need to be put out of business, ASAP,”

However, one of the companies, Rare Trends, later said

“We are victims of an outrageous vandalism act occurring on many East Austin business,”

“Rare Trends does not or will never discriminate against any person regardless of their age, ethnicity or religious beliefs.”

Some of the businesses are actually not owned by white people so maybe there was no knowledge from the businesses. Thoughts?
edit on 19-3-2015 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

LINK

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy, yo.

Id be surprised if any of the stores were owned by white people; im sure ethnic store owners would be the first targets of this sort of vandalism.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

This was so obviously done by idiots trying to make a point. Much like the "fake gun store" story trying to prove Guns are bad. I'd take a guess that every one of those signs was posted by a civil "rights" groups.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here's a thought......white people for the most part live with white people in white communities. Black people live with black people in black communities. Asians and Hispanics as well. Urban areas that supposedly represent "diversity" really don't. While these overt acts are "racist" forced diversity is a failure. It's failed in society and its failed in schools. It's bit racist to want to associate with your own kind, live among your own kind etc. Oops it is if you are white!

Don't white wash America by saying racism is alive and well! What's next? Poor victims.... Blacks can't get ahead because of whitey? Tell that to the Neil Degrasses, Denzel's, Kobe Bryant's, and Bill Cosbys of the world! I'm sure somewhere in America there was a black person that did the same thing! But America is only racist if it's whites doing it! What a stupid thread!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300
Racism is alive and well in the 21st century folks. 6 signs were posted on businesses in Austin, Texas saying "exclusively for white people only." My next question is if the businesses were in the know about these signs.

Rep. Dawnna Dukes, D-Austin, posted a message on facebook stating,

“Some jokes are not funny,” she wrote. “If this is a joke at all, it is tasteless. … I will be damned if this will occur in my House District … in this historical black community or any community.”

She wrote that city officials are investigating the origins of the sticker but urged people to not support the store until “ ‘some explaining’ is done.”

“If the explanation is unbelievable …. They need to be put out of business, ASAP,”

However, one of the companies, Rare Trends, later said

“We are victims of an outrageous vandalism act occurring on many East Austin business,”

“Rare Trends does not or will never discriminate against any person regardless of their age, ethnicity or religious beliefs.”

Some of the businesses are actually not owned by white people so maybe there was no knowledge from the businesses. Thoughts?

LINK

What better way to spread racial discrimination than postings this in minority businesses?

Did any majority Mexican businesses get one? Or only Black's?

Mexicans being the modern majority in America, I just want to know if they were targeted.

Or is this a sign of post majority privileges_?
edit on 19-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Betwen the fake gun store....

The cop shootings....

And this sort of racial baiting , it seems to me that someone or some group is intentionally trying to fan the fires of another damn revolution....

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

This was so obviously done by idiots trying to make a point. Much like the "fake gun store" story trying to prove Guns are bad. I'd take a guess that every one of those signs was posted by a civil "rights" groups.

The tip-off: Look at the sticker.
It says "Sponsored by the City of Austin...."
Wouldn't the problem be with the city government.... not the businesses?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

I gave you a star for writing such a ludicrous post.

Have you been to Austin? There's a pretty big black/white/mexican diversity in Texas,& despite what you seem to think, the neighborhoods aren't self segregated.

edit on 19-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Urban areas that supposedly represent "diversity" really dont

I lived in California for most of my life and I can tell you diversity is alive and well there. I have friends who happen to be asian, black, mexican, etc. It is close minded people who think that this is not possible that are holding us back as a country. Blacks who are racist towards whites belong in this same category. I suggest you rethink your stance on this issue.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Don't fall for the prank - this is not the fault of the businesses, but some joker who printed up some stickers and went around and slapped them on the businesses windows. I don't know what the endgame of the prank is supposed to be, whether to call out racism (doubtful) or to damage the reps of certain businesses (also doubtful) or just some idiot with a printer trying to rile up hate (my bets on that one).

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I thought maybe it was a "prank"...

Or an attempt to demonise the shops in question...

But you'd notice a brand new sticker on your own shop front, surely?

So I'm torn a little here.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
mmm california is trying that "shoot the gays" initiative, now this.
Glad to see an up rise in general intolerance.
I am not even sure this stuff comes from "classic" racism anymore.
i have this feeling a lot of it has to do with misplaced anger, people realizing that they are not in control and that they are slaves of sorts and are just finding something to be angry at.
Very scary to think that if america wasn't a police state, a scenario like that movie "the purge" would already be reality

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Few owners are on site that often, & most employees are idiots, so I'm not surprised no one noticed these right away; or maybe they did & that's why its on the news.

link   
a reply to: johnwick

Mexicans being the modern majority in America, I just want to know if they were targeted.

There went all your credibility....

White Americans at 77%
Hispanics at ........17%

quickfacts.census.gov...

It was a prank in extremely bad taste.

edit on 19-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thoughts?

A few.

No.1 racism will never die because it lives in all of us.
No.2 Texas is one of those states that is highly charged with
redneck racists. To the MAX. And the signs may not be there
purely out of that racism. It is a fact that they are there as a
warning. I know of many taverns and barrooms in Texas that
if a black person stumbled into accidently. It could very well
cost him his life. Good reason for the signs.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
My guess is they will find out it was some group like the one that was staging all the protests at white people brunches. Probably a group of blacks that think these particular stores are too white and wanted to start some crap over it. I mean someone took the time to design and make the stickers, then went around town and post them on what I would assume are predominantly white businesses.

My bet is on another one of those retarded groups.......

The fact the story goes on to quote people that actually believe the city of Austin sponsored these stickers just shows you how naive and ignorant some people are. Stupid is as stupid does, so lets propagate as much stupid as possible.....including Rep. Dawnna Dukes, D-Austin.....shows you don't have to be smart to be in politics.....just well connected with no critical thinking skills.
edit on 3/19/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

or....they were posted by actual racists wanting to light a "fire"...but, why think the obvious

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

I gave you a star for writing such a ludicrous post.

Have you been to Austin? There's a pretty big black/white/mexican diversity in Texas,& despite what you seem to think, the neighborhoods aren't self segregated.

I think neighborhoods are more about economic and education levels then race/ethnicity.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Before anybody calls me a racisist, you need to know my boys are mixed white, black, and hispanic.

Here in Denton there is a business on the main road through town, that I can't tell you the name of because it is in Spanish (Hispano something or another). They say in the window it is for hispanic people. Offering phone cards, auto insurance, and other services associated with getting ID's etc. While it doesn't say only hispanics, it is clearly ment, for them and aimed at their needs. BET is a black aimed TV Network. Are they wrong for being what they are? Am I wrong for thinking that if someone started WET ( White Entertainment Television) the uproar would be deafening? Well, your average Jose Mexican guy could go to 7-11 and buy a phone card, or seek out on his own other services at "mixed race stores", is he wrong for going to a Mexican only store and supporting Mexican ownership etc? The arguements could go on forever. In America right now SPECIFIC laws are in place to protect everyone, except the white man. He has proved he can protect himself? Does even not writing white only laws hint at a belief in white racial superiority?

It is not " reverse racism" if a black hates a white it is just racism.

The racism in America arguments always comes down to slavery as being a root cause, people just ignore the fact that black people were selling black slaves before America was even a country. To me it seems to be a poor and rich problem or social class problems more than racism, racism just get used as the scapegoat.

While I think the people putting these stickers up are wrong, another view could show that they are doing it to point out the inequality that white people have in America now. Maybe they really don't hate other races, maybe they really just want to be able to have a white only store because, others else can have a Black or Hispanic only store, while not getting labeled as a racist. When, just suggesting a White only ANYTHING, you are branded a racist, no trial just a conviction, with an open ended sentence.

As sad as that is to say as long as there are people who are different from each other there will be people who hate people that are different from them. Bunch of chickens if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Where ARE the pictures of this "sticker/sign" actually on any business in Austin?

If it were then the DOJ would have filed discrimination charges against them.

This was probably some black history teacher trying to get the kids to think if they were still in the 30's this is how it would look today, so they created some stickers.

edit on 19-3-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join