It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: 'I'm out of the Republican Party"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, once again one of the most die-hard right wingers in America is claiming to be disenchanted with the Republican party. Personally, I think this will only last about two days, unless he decides to support solely Tea Party politicians from now on, which he was probably doing anyway.

news.yahoo.com...

I think it's funny that his reason for dumping the GOP is because they don't like Ted Cruz, the guy who's father says that Christians should take everyone else's money for themselves. How that's constitutional I don't know, but Beck thinks he's the savior of the constitution apparently.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Might not be a bad political strategy when you think it through.

If everyone abandoned the GOP for being too liberal, there's a possible chance a third (and competitive) party might form. Without hard line line right wing strap-hangers, the Libertarians could claim the GOP as their own and that ... that might collapse the Dems as well.

Wishful thinking ... and Becks still a whiny cry-baby nobody wants but the people in his clique.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328 You know what I think, see ya fur ball.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

the Libertarians could claim the GOP as their own

Or maybe they could stop being crazy and win under their own name?!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

the Libertarians could claim the GOP as their own

Or maybe they could stop being crazy and win under their own name?!

You say tomato, I say tomahto.

The two-party system is broke dick. If everybody woke up to that fact we could get on with the revolution and the gun-owners would win. No need postponing the inevitable ... except for the fact that it remains the 'politically correct' thing to do.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Hmm... Glen Beck, well what of it? He is as familiar with the concept of a balanced veiwpoint, as I am with the complicated inner workings of an Enigma machine.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Beck's just going with the flow. There is no possible way to make the GOP sound good anymore, so now he's hi-jacking the libertarian ideology. Next thing you know, he'll be admitting that 9/11 was an inside job...but he'll blame it on the liberals somehow, lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is old news. Glen became a Libertarian years ago when the Republicans became big money, progressives like the Democrats. I am surprised that Republicans and Democrats don't merge. Their platforms are barely different.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
He's just a divisive meme now days anyway. But hey maybe it will inspire diehards to leave the party as well. Where they will align, minus him who is untrustworthy as a claimed Libertarian, we'll have to see- Libertarian, or an Independent party. Same should be happening for the other side of the same coin, Dems, with their mouth pieces and so called politicians.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Not only is he out of the Republican party, he's out of his mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
He's been Libertarian leaning for years. This isn't a shocker. And Beck isn't as influential or as popular as he was a few years back. When ever he needs a ratings boost he comes up with something to try to get attention. Most folks don't care, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My guess....they finally officially kicked him out.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm pretty much conservative-but beck's constant crying-when he doesn't have 5 people running their mouths at once-pushed me away.

Adults don't cry over gods.

Children do.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Beck has been Libertarian for a long time.

There are quite a few people who vote Republican who are closer to Libertarian than anything else, but the Libertarians can't ever get their act together for anyone other than Ron Paul so we vote for other folks.

I've never been Republican actually. I've always been Independent.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Might not be a bad political strategy when you think it through.

If everyone abandoned the GOP for being too liberal, there's a possible chance a third (and competitive) party might form. Without hard line line right wing strap-hangers, the Libertarians could claim the GOP as their own and that ... that might collapse the Dems as well.

The thing about it is, how in the world could we ever trust anyone claiming to be a third party at this point? Sure. I guess anything is possible but if the guys in charge are getting the feeling people are finally starting to see through the two party thing, what would they do to try to fix it? Or what wouldn't they do is a better question.

They've already floated the idea of forcing people to vote. Likely because low voter turnout pretty much speaks for itself (Americans don't like any of the "choices" they're being "given"). I could see them trying to start fresh with a supposedly new and different party. Sure, it wouldn't last long after a few elections proved it was the same old man with a new suit but it would buy them some time.

top topics

join