It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent San Andreas Earthquake Swarms Concern Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This article says that scientists are concerned about recent swarms of earthquakes along the San Andreas Fault in California:

www.unknowncountry.com...

Unfortunately, I couldn't pull up a link to the original article in "Science" magazine because you have to be a subscriber. Maybe someone else can paste the article if they are a subscriber??

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

There is significant activity and has been for several weeks. Alos note the line if quakes from Vegas to Yellowstone

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This article offers more disturbing information that there is something strange going on in California as well as the Cascades.....

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
magick...thanks for the info.

It's not just happening along the San Andreas or even along the entire west coast.

check this out:

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

And the same "magmatic encroachment" type activity is being seen on Missouri helicorders as is being seen along the San Andreas but in close proximity to the San Madrid. Hell, we've had two in Oklahoma!

As an example:

more Ohio valley helicorders here:

The one above is Pemiscott Bayou, MO...check its activity over the past week.

[edit on 12-21-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   

This look very different from yours there Val.....Why?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Nope, it doesn't. Look at the "blue squares" on my map and compare them to the "yellow squares" on your map. There have been two there in the past week.

Mine looks back 6 months, yours only looks back one week.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Nope, it doesn't. Look at the "blue squares" on my map and compare them to the "yellow squares" on your map. There have been two there in the past week.

Mine looks back 6 months, yours only looks back one week.

I am again "humbled" to be in your presence oh might one. Thank you for your enlightenment....................

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Wow, there has been a lot of activity on the New Madrid Fault over 6 months....Thank YOU for the info!!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
whatever happened to all that mount st. helens talk? weren't they expecting a bigger eruption? perhaps all these earthquakes are warnings for those on the west to get the # out...too bad nature can't text message

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, as if we didn't have enough to worry about...it appears Mammoth Lake supercaldera is becoming more active....

quake.wr.usgs.gov...

It is pointed out on another board that the harmonic vibrations are occurring with a period of 5 and 7 seconds at Mammoth Lakes; and with a period of 7 to 8 seconds at CasaBenchmark. They also point out that "bursts" of vibrations are occurring at Deviils Postpile, Convict Moraine, and East Mammoth.

Happy.

Who needs Yellowstone?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
the world is screaming in pain

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Can somebody show me the map for the same period last year?

Just thought it would be interesting to see the two side by side.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by palg1]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It appears the earth is still shaking...its still going on in the Indain Ocaen.. look here..DATE LAT LON MAG DEPTH REGION
29-DEC-2004 05:56:50 8.78 93.22 6.2 30.0 NICOBAR ISLANDS, INDIA
29-DEC-2004 01:50:53 9.08 93.86 6.1 10.0 NICOBAR ISLANDS, INDIA
Again go to this site.... www.iris.edu...

The last thing this area needs is anouther incident like the last..

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This movement is going North.... Currently at a 5.4 near Adreanof Islands...
My thoughts are at his moment, were going around the circle one more time in our Earths shift. Still, there is on going activity within the Indonesia area at he same time. My question to anyone that might add to this, what section of the Earth will move the most next time... There has been some predictions already, I'd like to hear more from those that have been keeping up on this.

Again continue to look on this site..... www.iris.edu...

[edit on 29-12-2004 by jessemole]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Can we add this to the Soup?

Writer

Ignore this user (info)
ignore

Vote for this user (info)
way above

posted on 28-12-2004 at 07:34 PM Post Number: 1053032 (post id: 1074925) quote

NEWS: Quake Was Predicted; No One Listened

N.Venkatanathan, N.Rajeswara Rao, K.K.Sharma and P.Periakali of the Department of Applied Geology, University of Madras, recently proposed a theory and created a software program to predict earthquakes. On December 6th, these scientists predicted an earthquake that would occur on December 12th, based upon their studies of planetary alignment and shifts in the earth's mass that stimulate tectonic activity. The coordinates that they predicted were 26.910 North latitude and 94.49 East longitude. These scientists maintain that their theory and software program is the result of research of earthquakes over the last one hundred years and is ninety-nine percent accurate. If their theory is correct, more of the same is on the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original news source:

www.indiadaily.com
Indian scientists recently found a scientific method of predicting earthquakes quite accurately. The great quake of Sumatra along Andaman fault line on December 26th, could have been predicted if the world would have taken these scientists seriously.

If this theory is true, we are in for many mega earthquakes soon. When two or more planets, moon and earth and sun come in one line, these mega earthquakes happen. The sun influences the rotation of earth. Now imagine you are in a train or bus. If all on a sudden the driver pushes the brake, you tend to move forward in a jerk. Exactly same thing happens when two or more planets line up with earth and pulls from the other side. The tectonic pressures built up get released in specific points of epicenter.

In this case Jupiter, Venus, Moon, Earth, Sun came in one line and the scientists predicted on the dot the earthquake. Unfortunately the world did not take then seriously enough.

It is a fascinating theory and according to the inventors in is correct 99% times in the last 100 years. The ancient Mayans, Egyptians, Chinese and Indians all used to get very concerned on planetary alignments because something catastrophic happened.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Mainstream geology claims that this earthquake could not have been predicted, but it is evident that the event was predicted with incredible accuracy, some three weeks before the event. If the world scientific community had been listening, warnings could have been issued in advance that an event was imminent and warnings of the actual event could have been heeded.

Incidentally, the astrological community was all abuzz with news of this alignment, but none of them predicted an earthquake of which I am aware. Clearly, the whole world was caught off guard, except for the scientists at the University of Madras.

Related News Links:
iri.columbia.edu
iri.columbia.edu
www.centralchronicle.com
www.bangornews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
U.N. slams U.S. as 'stingy' over tsunami aid!
Tsunami, India, Economic effects
ALERT! 9.0 Quake, Tsunamis Strike SE Asia - Estimates: 100,000+ Dead

Tsunami: Palmist Forewarned British Tourists The Day

I think so... I wish the right people would get busy with more of this information when it's really needed. (Media/Science/ Guess work? Whatever, everyone needs to know/realize there may other forces that play into this. Any insight might save some from the results of what has taken place for not knowing.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
See, the thing is about these predictions, is that they would save very few lives. Most of the people in that area of the world are too poor to go elsewhere, so if the prediction was given a lot of media coverage, it would cause a lot of worry, and maybe a lot of civil unrest....The panic it could cause could cause as much or more damage than the actual quake might. And even if the prediction was taken seriously, the tsunami is what took most of the lives, and they are much harder to predict.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
magickalworld, I agree with what you have mention here.. But still we need to continue to look closer to current events... again with these last previous ones, 2004 04:27:38 5.57 94.27 5.3 37.7 NORTHERN SUMATERA, INDONESIA
29-DEC-2004 21:12:59 5.20 94.71 5.7 25.8 NORTHERN SUMATERA, INDONESIA
29-DEC-2004 18:50:20 5.54 94.35 5.6 38.6 NORTHERN SUMATERA, INDONESIA
29-DEC-2004 13:58:52 38.51 141.91 5.0 54.8 NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
29-DEC-2004 13:20:25 28.89 130.44 5.6 7.7 RYUKYU ISLANDS
29-DEC-2004 05:56:50 8.78 93.22 6.2 30.0 NICOBAR ISLANDS, INDIA
29-DEC-2004 01:50:53 9.08 93.86 6.1 10.0 NICOBAR ISLANDS, INDIA

It seems to me riight now that these tectonic plates are the ones still moving.... If there was a Huge shift in those plates again, I would be concern about Hawaii. Very little time would exist for them if a Wave was heading towards west... Maybe I'm looking into this more then I need to, however I/We still need to look.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The lastest....

DATE LAT LON MAG DEPTH REGION
30-DEC-2004 04:27:38 5.57 94.27 5.3 37.7 NORTHERN SUMATERA, INDONESIA
29-DEC-2004 21:12:59 5.20 94.71 5.7 25.8 NORTHERN SUMATERA, INDONESIA
29-DEC-2004 19:32:08 16.12 -47.20 4.8 10.0 NORTHERN MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE,

If I were to guess, maybe near Tonga Islands, or MacQuarie, will be the next shake... Not certain of the conture of the Plates in that area.. Just a thought. Any others?

new topics

top topics

join