It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Lights in Russian Sky...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Apologies as I don't know how to upload the video...

www.dailymail.co.uk... d.html#v-4119606927001

I have seen something very similar about 2 years ago here in the UK while driving home in early hours. My experience differed in that the colour of the light was electric blue!
edit on 18-3-2015 by kuraijanai2013 because: More explanantion

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Could this have anything to go with this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

That could be some sort of lightning.

There was a thread about a similar blue light in the sky in the UK about 1.5 years ago and around the same time, at night I seen a part of the sky was much lighter, brighter blue, it wasn't near the moon or any particularly bright stars /planets, there was no cloud, it was like a large oval and there wasn't anything logical visually that could have caused it, it wasn't flashes, it was there for a while.
edit on 18-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Hmmm...

Apparently some lights in houses near there flickered, and perhaps went out.

I would say that the chances are that something very unfortunate happened at a power distribution node of some sort, and that the light is a reflection of the energy expended when whatever critical apparatus at that location, failed.

That said, one would have thought that data would be available to anyone looking into this situation. That said, we are dealing with Russia here, so that information might not be forthcoming. Nothing looks as bad as an inability to keep infrastructure functioning after all! Well, aside from having the leader of the opposition shot on the doorstep of a nations halls of power.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm going with meteor

Silent to those way out, especially in a car. But to the region where the meteorite penatrated the atmosphere, maybe something would of been heard

This was a bit after midnight, not many people awake and alert to pay attention to such a thing.

Meteors love Russia

(Why is it always extraterrestrial when unexplained. we have never seen anything ET that we know of, why jump to this far out conclusion?)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I like this explanation too

Cheers Brit

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Maybe its something similar to what happened last year, also in Russia?

A huge flash in the night sky over Russia is raising suspicions after the authorities refuse to comment on its cause.

The eruption lit up the sky near Yekaterinburg for 11 seconds in what appeared to a major aerial explosion.

The strange light was not accompanied by any sound, according to eyewitnesses, although Russian authorities are refusing to comment on the event.

Daily Mail article

Which is still a mystery afaik.

Hope more footage will show up of this recent event.
edit on 18/3/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/3/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Here is the video from the OP

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

An abnormal atmospheric phenomenon was visible throughout the relevantly low latitude of central Russia, including Moscow and St. Petersburg on Tuesday. A powerful geomagnetic storm promises to continue for a second day, also including an aurora.

Link

Oddly enough they said the Northern Lights could be seen as far south as Tennessee in America

Forecasters said early Tuesday, before sunrise, auroras were already seen in the northern tier of the U.S., such as Washington state, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Space Weather branch chief Brent Gordon said if the storm effects continued through Tuesday evening, there was a "very strong possibility" that the northern lights could be seen as far south as the middle United States, even Tennessee and Oklahoma. That also means much of Russia and northern Europe, as far south as central Germany and Poland, had the potential for the sky show.

Link

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I would be really happy if it was aliens.

If their ships can withstand inter dimensional/inter stellar travel,then (IMO),they could probably sit in an active storm.

Also,though,who knows what kind of weird stuff the Russians might be messing with.

Kind of like in the movie The Mist-the American military had opened an (i'm guessing-the story in the collection didn't even really go into too much detail about what exactly happened) inter dimensional portal or something and all of these monsters started coming through.

The Russians DO seem to have a bug up their posterior,lately.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

TN here-unfortunately it is raining and will be overcast for the next night or so in my area.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

That looks a lot like lightning to me. The other video posted with the yellow light, of course, does not.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

From the video, I'm going with meteor or some sort of electrical malfunction at a substation possibly. I'm no expert, just throwing out my guesses.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
maybe some kind of localized electrical storm?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think it'd be more logical to assume it's due to a natural occurrence.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: buddhism

I beg to differ.

The duration of the event in the first video in the thread, would suggest that this illumination was not caused by a lightning bolt, or sheet lightning, and the colour would seem to indicate electrical discharge of some sort. There are no naturally occurring instances on record of long duration electrical pulses merely coming into existence.

The only other possibility being a meteor of some sort, and there being no actual tail to monitor, leaves us with only a failure of some sort of substation on the power grid, as being the most likely, based on what we can see in the video alone. No doubt further research is needed, but it is far more probable that this will turn out to have been a transformer failure of some kind.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Silent to those way out, especially in a car. But to the region where the meteorite penatrated the atmosphere, maybe something would of been heard

That one in Russia that was all over the news seemed to be well within the atmosphere when it created its glass-shattering booms. Why wasn't this sound heard all along the path it travelled?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is my first ever post in ats, I hope I don't step on anyone's toes, the fact this was reported in RT yesterday had me scratching my head a bit, as the dash cam clearly shows that this footage was taken back in 2013.... Are Russia trying to get people used to flashes in the sky? What is their selling angle if you will?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Not sure if people have heard of the phenomena described as lighting and/or electrical storms and other aerial phenomena that are called clouds,

I'm only 36 but have seen these things numerous times in my life just as it is in the video with both these strange phenomena s occurring at once.

UFO or ET?

Why?

Because its in the sky and it lights up?

Is this what its coming to?

Edit: thanks Martin and a star for you for adding the video from the link.
edit on 19-3-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join