It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elephant Whisperer’s Pet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Lek was 6 years old when she received from her grandfather her first elephant as a pet. Today she is dedicated to the rescue of maltreated and preservation of the endangered Asian elephant.

Here she is with one of her elephants, Faa Mai, which she puts to sleep with a lullaby. The elephant blissfully snores away.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanssouci

I am wondering how fast the little elephant is laying down and falls asleep. Seems like he/she is knowing very well this procedure and is willing to lay down and sleep immediately. Lek's voice is beautiful. I like that a girl is working with the elephants. We know this is traditionally the job of men. I am always impressed that these people stay all their lives together with their elephants. But that's no wonder. Elephants are such great partners.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lotusaugen

that elephant truly seems to enjoy the ritual. but i think the little movie is a cut of scenes to speed up the process and the voice singing that beautiful lullaby is an overlay.

yes, Lek is a remarkable woman. she runs an elephant sanctuary with about 200 elephants now. she is dedicated to her job.

here is a link to her Natures Park.

if anybody would be interested, here is an an other link to a very interesting and touching movie about the elephants and her work. she claims, if there are no laws and better standards introduced, the Asian Elephant will be lost for ever.

ps> lotsaugen, i was so surprised to see you sporting my avatar creation. thanks for the credit !!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Beautiful Thread and it just blew me away how the two interacted. I want to yawn now:-) In fact I just did....
Thank You so much for posting this thread.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanssouci
will check the links tomorrow, it's late now in Germany, my bed is calling...
I love elephants. I could imagine to have one as a pet.
When I dream from my E.T. friend he is sometimes disguised as an elephant. This shows me his loyalty and that he is true and faithful. A friend forever.

ps
Let's meet in the next days at the avatar 2015 threat. I will send a post and ask you for some springtime clothing for my avatar, which you created so lovely.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lotusaugen

Maybe as presented.
but I'd close my eye too if someone kept waving a cloth inches from it.

new topics

top topics

join