It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choices We Make

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I not sure if this is on the correct thread, first time poster, but i want to share this interesting event that happened to me a few weeks back.

I had recently handed my notice in at my work and was out at a meeting when it finished very early. I was an hour from my place of work in one direction or i could have simply went home the other way and got to spend some extra time with my wife and young family. It sounded like an easy answer; im leaving company anyway, whats a few hours! So thats what i decided to do.

However, not long into my journey home, guilt got the better of me so i decided it was best to turn back and head to work for the remainder of the afternoon.

Now i live in Scotland and roads can be remote in places. Whilst driving back to work i got waved down by this old man in his late eighties who was quite distressed. He had a flat tyre and he could not change it. He was on way to visit his son, daughter in law and 2 grandkids. I got out, and changed his tyre for him - in a strange way he reminded me of my dad and i would dread the thought of him being in same situation.

Anyway, i got him sorted and on his way. He tried to give me money, but i couldn't accept - i told him 'to buy his grandchildren a present' with the money.

His thanks and me knowing he was safely on his way. Plus felt pretty good about myself to be honest. But it has been bothering me for since - what if i decided to go home that day. I wouldn't have been that road. Would the old man have been ok?!

I suppose the meaning of the event; if i'd taken the easy option and went home I would have not been in the correct place to help.

Suppose sometimes the correct decision may not be easy for you but you never know who it may benefit overall.

Hope it has been interesting.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Readoutsidethebox

Try not to over think it . You made the right choices and it all turned out good . Welcome to ATS .
edit on 18-3-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I call them "crossroads moments".

You saw someone in need. You had a choice to help or drive on past. You analyzed the situation and felt safe in stopping.

A test of character. You passed. You paid it forward.

Welcome aboard.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Wonderful story! Hello and welcome!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard,
You showed compassion. I pray you recieve the same here.

We are are a good bunch resembling life "out side".

Scotland was on my "Bucket list" and I made it to Aberdeen.
But only a foot on shore.
I cried as the ship approached the dock.I wish I could have traveled "The Ancient Hights" but we only had a few hours to unload.
Some dreams are never to be lived.

Live well here.
WIS
edit on 18-3-2015 by WalkInSilence because: trivial

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Welcome aboard the Mothership ATS, Pope Readoutsidethebox!

Kallisti

top topics

join